VN Others Completed YU-NO - The Girl that Chants Love at the Edge of the World [Final] [Elf]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Kaizen

Dec 17, 2016
And that just affirms that I will be adding this to my ignore list XD

Although "dying sex" kinda already solidified that, was just keeping it off for any replies. (been long enough now though, time to move on).

For what it's worth I think those scenes are only parts of bad endings and only happen if either you mess up or as some sort of future you want to prevent (As in, I believe you have control over your character in one of these and you can and are supposed to go back to a previous point in time after adquiring some item in that messed up timeline )

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that was the case.

EDIT: Also, isn't that "Dying sex" scene more sad than disturbing ? I think it was some sort of Last Wish for the girl but I could be wrong, it's been years since I played this.

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Can I ask... How is the ntr here? Like, it happens to the mc or to another character?

bhpeiqq39

Aug 27, 2022
Is there any fix to "install.ps1"? whenever i try to run it with powershell, it opens and closes without any error message. and simply running aiswin_voices.exe shows error "the game is not installed. Please install."

rorzy

Sep 27, 2017
Is there any fix to "install.ps1"? whenever i try to run it with powershell, it opens and closes without any error message. and simply running aiswin_voices.exe shows error "the game is not installed. Please install."
First: Did you move the install.ps1 file? It must be in the top-level folder, a.k.a Classics. So folder structure is:

Code:
Classic\
    > Install.ps1
    > AI5Win.exe
    > YUNO\
         > [yuno files]

Edit\Add: Of course, depending on UAC settings, you just might not be able to run scripts that aren't signed. In which case, you either have to allow this temporarily (see previous page), or simply add the registry entries yourself manually (you can see them in the script).

Assuming you haven't, I'm going to assume your firewall doesn't like it when powershell scripts re-launches themselves as administrator, so you'll need to remove that portion of the script, and manually launch the actual script through an elevated powershell console. I've provided the stripped-out code at the bottom here, copy\paste that into your install.ps1 replacing all that's inside it.

Next, Open powershell as administrator (start > type powershell).

Inside the window, type: CD "[Path to Install.ps1]"

Next, type: .\install.ps1

Example:

CD "D:\classics"
.\install.ps1

Code:
$Installpath = Split-Path $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Path
$InstallExe = [IO.Path]::GetFullPath("$InstallPath\ai5win.exe")

#check and create the registry keys
if(-not (Test-Path $path)){
    foreach($i in $path.Split('\')){
        $test = $newPath + $i
        if(-not (Test-Path $test)){
            New-Item -Path $newPath -Name $i
        }
        $newPath += "$i\"
    }

# Create key values
    New-ItemProperty -path $path -PropertyType "String" -name "InstallDir" -Value $installPath
    New-ItemProperty -path $path -PropertyType "String" -name "InstallExe" -Value $InstallExe
}

Last edited:

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
Question, the pc version (is this the steam version?) is missing the content of the pc-98 or are exact the same aside the censor? If yes is better the psvita version that include everything at this point (except extra scenario?). There are bit too many version on vndb...

Last edited:

ROMANXXX

Nov 6, 2019
Help please, I got this message after clicking run PowerShell
Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Try the new cross-platform PowerShell

File C:\Classics\install.ps1 cannot be loaded because running
scripts is disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at
https:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170.
+ CategoryInfo : SecurityError: :)) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

rorzy

Sep 27, 2017
Help please, I got this message after clicking run PowerShell
Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Try the new cross-platform PowerShell

File C:\Classics\install.ps1 cannot be loaded because running
scripts is disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at
https:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170.
+ CategoryInfo : SecurityError: :)) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Try to use the stripped-down version of the script in this post with an elavated (as admin) powershell terminal.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to manually add the registry rentries (can see what they are in the script).

Rambling Noob

Aug 30, 2018
So apparently they are re-releasing this game that's going to be compatible for Windows 10? I am not quite sure exactly, can anyone verify since I can't read Kanji/Katakana.

Here's the site from Fanzagames. The one who re-released Dokyusei.

and if it is a rerelease, do we post a request in the forum for it?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MikeOG

buthoi123

Apr 14, 2022
Can someone help me on this error pls, at first i was playing normally, but after awhile this notification pop up and i can't play anymore. The only solution i came up with is formatting my laptop, but this error still pop up no matter what i do. I have turn off windows defender but it still not working.

Screenshot_43.png

JBHartman

Jan 7, 2020
buthoi123
Not sure exactly what is causing this problem. The program is considered installed when (1) all game files are in a folder on your computer and (2) a registry key tells the system which folder contains the game files. I didn't try it myself, but it looks like the files and installation method in the original post would work fine as long as you run PowerShell with admin. privileges, though some anti-virus programs might stop it. Assuming you use a modern 64-bit Windows OS, and you don't change anything in the registry unless you know what you're doing, use the following steps to check the installation:
1. Right-click the Windows Start button and select Run.
2. Type "regedit" in the box and press Enter.
3. In the box at the top or in the folders on the left go to "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\elf\Classic\1.0"
4. There should be two entries on the right: one entry named "InstallDir" with the data field showing the directory containing "ai5win.exe", and a second entry named "InstallExe" with the data field showing the full path and filename for "ai5win.exe".
If the registry entries are there, then might need to redownload the game files. If the registry entries are missing, try running "install.ps1" using administrator privileges again. You might need to temporarily turn off or create exceptions in your anti-virus, but remember that your computer's security comes before a game.
Good luck.

luchettodj94

Dec 25, 2019
buthoi123
Not sure exactly what is causing this problem. The program is considered installed when (1) all game files are in a folder on your computer and (2) a registry key tells the system which folder contains the game files. I didn't try it myself, but it looks like the files and installation method in the original post would work fine as long as you run PowerShell with admin. privileges, though some anti-virus programs might stop it. Assuming you use a modern 64-bit Windows OS, and you don't change anything in the registry unless you know what you're doing, use the following steps to check the installation:
1. Right-click the Windows Start button and select Run.
2. Type "regedit" in the box and press Enter.
3. In the box at the top or in the folders on the left go to "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\elf\Classic\1.0"
4. There should be two entries on the right: one entry named "InstallDir" with the data field showing the directory containing "ai5win.exe", and a second entry named "InstallExe" with the data field showing the full path and filename for "ai5win.exe".
If the registry entries are there, then might need to redownload the game files. If the registry entries are missing, try running "install.ps1" using administrator privileges again. You might need to temporarily turn off or create exceptions in your anti-virus, but remember that your computer's security comes before a game.
Good luck.
The problem is win 11 with lots of security changes..

To run the game you will need:
1) Start PowerShell with admin privileges
2) Run Set-ExecutionPolicy unrestricted
3) give command to "yes"
4) Set the path to the main game folder (eg. CD "D:\classics")
5) Run .\install.ps1
6) Lastly, optional but recommended, disable again execution policy by running Set-ExecutionPolicy restricted
7) give command to "yes"

You now are fine and you can run the game by starting the AI5ENG_VOICE.exe inside the game folder.
If Windows will say that the game will run only with 256 colors you will need to go in the properties/compatibility and check "color reduction"

Otherwise this can be done also manually:
1) Open "regedit" (just search it in the win menu or use the run command win+r)
2) Go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node
3) By right clicking add new keys and make the following chain elf\Classic\1.0
4) Once in the "1.0" folder right click and create two new strings
5) The first one need to be renamed to InstallDir and you have to add your game folder path (eg. D:\classics)
6) The second one need to be renamed to InstallExe and you have to add the game exe path (eg. D:\classics\ai5win.exe)

You now are fine and you can run the game by starting the AI5ENG_VOICE.exe inside the game folder
If Windows will say that the game will run only with 256 colors you will need to go in the properties/compatibility and check "color reduction"

Alternatively the second tuto can be done also by creating a .reg file however I have not enough knowledge to do so :BootyTime:

Last edited:

MyriadLoki

Jul 8, 2023
So can someone give an example of the difference between the "fully uncensored" pc98 version vs the "slightly altered/censored" windows version? Cause I want to know ow I'd it's worth the hassle of doing the PC 98 emulator or not

MyriadLoki

Jul 8, 2023
From TLwiki website:
"Decensored" erotic CGs from the PC98 versions
The erotic CGs of the Windows release were slightly altered obscuring the nether regions of several of the ones where the crotch area is visible with a white "reflector light" (see ), but we decided to incorporate the original PC98 CGs instead of those, as the PC98 ones lacked this censorship.
Can you re send the example? Cause I want to know if it's worth the hassle for the pc98 emulator vs just downloading the windows version.

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes