vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
That being the setting, most players will echo pretty much what the game world predicates:
I have a bit more faith in Caleb... He chose his path willing and knowing. Probably the only one that really sees his full potential is Victoria... Maybe Caleb himself isn't even aware of it now, but he will get there...
The choice between the dark and the light path probably will be most important for the outcome, manipulate all or work together to win...

Depends what you are going for. You lose out on a Keira point if you lose the fight.
True, but not picking Astarte as your deity or not hanging out with her does the same... So probably there's some tolerance on missing points, perhaps for a threeway relation it might be needed...

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
We all ... hopefully .. read the dev responses around this thread and we should know:
MC is stupid, self deprecating, unreliable narrator who cannot decide for shit.
In so far, despite knowing of his predicaments, went full steam ahead to get trashed around.
Not to mention the fact he showed his hand pretty much throughout the game if we push him to,
if not, deffinitely at the end, while dean already knows
That feels unnecessarily harsh. You're still missing a vital piece of information to understand his reasoning. He hints at it in a certain interaction during the fight with Swansong, but it hasn't been properly addressed yet. It will be near the end of Day 4.

That only works if you actively try to understand why you failed and can correct it or at least try something different next time. Otherwise you are only imprinting bad behavior in your body.

EDIT: I also think it is difficult to learn anything if you deliberately fail.
True enough, but I feel like if you deliberately fail, the situation isn't comparable as you're trying to do something completely different. It's more of a general principle for me, so I didn't much consider edge cases.

I have a bit more faith in Caleb... He chose his path willing and knowing. Probably the only one that really sees his full potential is Victoria... Maybe Caleb himself isn't even aware of it now, but he will get there...
The choice between the dark and the light path probably will be most important for the outcome, manipulate all or work together to win...
He is aware. It's what he calls "the monster." The main theme of the game is inner struggle.

Alleycat_2017

Sep 1, 2017
let me see, mc is meeting the dean and he almost got killed, mc goes dancing and he gets dominated and almost killed, mc encounters swansong and he can't do anything except stalling till mr big dick comes and saves the day, after that we get a nice monologue about how the mc is garbage at being a mage

every single encounter ends like that; like i said it gets old and fast

the next patch will probably be the mc going to "badmage" central and get his ass kicked by the leader just to be saved by that mage the dean told to kill the mc after hes not useful anymore; every single plot point is based on how shit the mc is
The MC gets dominated at the club, by far more powerful mages. Now, I can't read Stolen_rose's mind, but perhaps that gives room for the character to grow? Plus those mages seem to be more mid-tier. So yeah, Caleb would be toast in a head to head with the boss mage. Hmmm, so how's he going to do it? Might be a story to this after all.

He holds off Swansong long enough for Brandon to rock up, incidentally saving Keira's life. Well yeah, Brandon is the (reluctant) vampire hunter. It's kinda what he does and why he has a different skillset to the mc. So, why wouldn't the mc use what he has against a powerful supernatural being until the right tool for the job presents itself? Then finally finally risks his own life (again) and channels a burst of raw energy, saving Brandon's life and punting Swansong into the nearest solid object from where she does a runner. Everyone lives to fight another day. I'd call that a win. Plus Swansong stays in the game as you haven't made her a sticky red mess on the concrete.Win-win.

He almost gets killed by the Dean, almost. Surely the Dean of a magical college isn't a powerful mage? Whoda thunk it? Except he outsmarts her. At least for now.

Rayne isn't a slut, she's a succubus. One is a human of no fixed morals that wants sex simply for the sake of it and isn't generally fussy about where or who. They are put on this earth so that ugly guys, nerds, and guys with no personality can get laid. The other is a demon driven by supernatural desires that needs sex to survive. Brianna is a bullied nerd who is using what she has to gain a protector. Odette is just weird and marching to a different drumbeat, but there was a method and reason to her actions beyond simply having sex. Vampires don't count as they're just out for a snack.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC had a GF whom he broke it off with
when he did a blood magik pact to sever all memories and feelings between them.
She was fuming then, she is fuming now and not over it.
MC is seeing her everywhere:
in his dreams, all around him in the real world, whenever he closes his eyes.
MC basically ripped a bandage leaving his mind and body bleeding and still hurting to be with his GF.

simply having sex. Vampires don't count as they're just out for a snack.
Other girls who have power and fans by the truckload are just maneaters.
While MC is strutting around in his fancy attire and hiw brooding demeanor - they come to feast.
Remember the vampire diaries way of the vamps: see a new girl or boy, go eat them up.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Which means google is required. Not everyone knows what the cypher is. Nor the lines to the poem . Using google is the equivalent of going to the library but much faster. You can't make fun of people just for having to use it
Google isn't required at all. Pigpen cipher is a well known cipher and pretty simple. So it is solely due to your own lack of knowledge that you had to use google.

Last edited:

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018
Needs a character renamer.. not everyone wants to be your choosen character name sorry.. its better to allow the player to at least have some immersion by either naming themselves or a own choice name
I am with you on not liking Caleb as a name.
To me it should be standard, go in and choose your name or hit enter to use default.

Hopefully it might be put in later.
Have a feeling it wont be.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
If you give a mouse a cookie, then it's going to want a glass of milk.
If you give it a glass of milk, it's going to ask for a straw.
If you give the mouse a straw, congratulations you've completely derailed the entire plot.
Ahm... I've never played this game yet.
Are there really mice drinking milk with straws? That sounds so fucking cool! :Kappa:

• Haha
Reactions: Stolen_rose

Phobos69

Mar 20, 2019
Those market distributions seems to have all the components on board but, for Mac at least, in the wrong spot, as Bøb69 already said.

Several easy solutions.

1. As JohnF95zone suggested, you can run the game from inside the Ren'Py SKD. Just make sure you use the same Ren'Py version as the game does (look in the file scriptversion.txt for the correct version. For this game it's 8.0.3). Once you got the game running this way, you can use the Ren'Py SKD to build a standalone Mac version for yourself. More details here: https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-create-a-mac-version-of-any-renpy-game.3289/post-3532643

2. You can use the market build as is, but the Mac app inside it is useless as it is now. But you can start the game by opening the Unix executable inside it directly. To find it, look inside the app (right click, Show package contents) and go to /Contents/MacOs/. The Unix executable has the same name as the app (in this case Zeroend). When you open this Unix executable, a Terminal window will open which will then start the game. You can make an alias to this executable if you like and drag it outside the app for easy access. NB: if another application (Textedit for example) starts instead of Terminal then the executable has lost its execute permission during the zipping/unzipping process, but this has nothing to do with the problem under discussion now.

3. (Recommended IMO) Since the market build has all the components needed, you can fix the Mac app by putting them in the place where they belong. So go inside the Mac app (right click, Show package contents) and create a new folder in /Contents/Resourses. Name that folder autorun. Then copy the game folder, the Renpy folder, the zeroend.py and the zeroend.sh files from the market build folder and paste them into the autorun folder you just created. It should now look like this
View attachment 2523710
There you have it: a standalone Mac app. You can safely delete all files outside the app now. They are not needed anymore.

Hope this helps. And after all this I feel more or less obliged to actually play it too :p. Looks intriguing.
Tnx for this as it may help me create other Mac games from those posted w/o specific Mac versions....tnx again

Reactions: PBS666
Sep 3, 2020
View attachment 2718882

Wee bit a silver .. just to get your bent over backwards lust dripping eyes a yours runnin.
Some iron in your mouth, there, sweetie? Figures: ate a bag a nails, I did, just for ya.
which has me curious what would we have to do to get on Swan songs route

you know since she's the girl I'm going to be going for I have no idea what she looks for in a permanent mate

4.90 star(s) 49 Votes