ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Very interesting update (at least on a Keira run), though the ending was very abrupt. Being able to flip Invictus off would feel a lot more satisfying if I had a better idea what my character had accomplished and what was about to happen to him.

The game has an excellent sense of atmosphere, good characters, and unusually deft world-building. Alice remains very amusing, and we got a nice Pinky and the Brain nod by Brandon. I even like the MC; he's flawed enough to be distinct and memorable without being off-putting or frustrating. That said, his tendency to instigating his plans under our nose does make me feel like I'm temporarily running an NPC for a session rather than playing my own character. It's not an unpleasant feeling, but it is a curious one. I don't think the writing has quite fired on all cylinders yet.

As far as sex scenes go, I only saw Keira's and it was... okay. The graphics held up and it didn't do anything wrong per se, but the whole thing was a little perfunctory. Maybe it needed more buildup earlier in the episode, or maybe it needed more foreplay during the scene itself, but the scene felt like an obligation the characters needed to fulfil rather than something they genuinely wanted. I thought cuddling with her afterwards was a lot more effective. YMMV.

I was also very confused when Rayne said we already knew all there is to know about her at the beginning of the update, because I'm still confused about her split personality. AFAICT, my MC only knows she's a succubus because Brandon mentioned it off-hand during his fight with Swansong. Even if the split is an automatic part of being a succubus (and thus the MC would know all about it) *I* could use a little more exposition - it's really hard to get much time with Rayne if you turn her down when you first meet. I figured we'd finally get some answers once everyone put their cards on the table, but no such luck.

Anyway, I don't want to sound too negative; I liked the update and I'm looking forward to the next one. I just think there's still some room for improvement.

Last edited:

crowbar214

Apr 25, 2021
Here is the same file as MysticCore's name changing file, but with 'Caleb' and 'Watson' already added in for convenience.

Just open and replace 'firstname' and 'lastname' with the obvious, then drop it in the Game folder.

Reactions: Otyi and imzahai

Papapanda£3

May 20, 2021
I am loving this game so far encounter first puzzle so do I have to Google thing to solve puzzles or I am the only one too dumb

chasen1213

Feb 26, 2020
Here is the same file as MysticCore's name changing file, but with 'Caleb' and 'Watson' already added in for convenience.

Just open and replace 'firstname' and 'lastname' with the obvious, then drop it in the Game folder.
Not sure why, but the file keeps opening in the browser for me. And not downloading to the system

MysticXcore

Mar 16, 2018

Not sure why, but the file keeps opening in the browser for me. And not downloading to the system
Just right click on the file and click on Save linked content as...
btw thanks for pointing that out crowbar214 lol

Last edited:

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
Ah i see.
So basically NSFW in a dialogue means MC is going be forced into a sex scene, good to know for later.
I think then in that context a choice to say just "no" (if you didn't wanted the MC to go toward her as a LI) when she jumped between the MC leg and gave him a blowjob without his consent would have been appropriate because looking at how the story was going at that specific moment it really felt the MC was going to Brianna for further investigation, not to get some sex.
It happened during the events of day 2. The feedback I got back when I released day 2 was to stop doing that and I have. The NSFW tags were meant to signpost that it'll happen because I'd rather not go back and change things after a release if possible as it delays the next release.

dev, I really hope you see this. you should work it in that we can name the MC what we want. also why does he smoke so damn much? is her emulating those goth kids from South Park or something? really you should work on these 2 things and your game might take off more
I guess I gotta do this for every release--playing as a pre-established character is the intended experience. There's a lot of reasons for this which I won't go over again, but it's how I'm designing the game. As for the smoking, he's based (partly) on John Constantine.

The game has an excellent sense of atmosphere, good characters, and unusually deft world-building. Alice remains very amusing, and we got a nice Pinky and the Brain nod by Brandon. I even like the MC; he's flawed enough to be distinct and memorable without being off-putting or frustrating. That said, his tendency to instigating his plans under our nose does make me feel like I'm temporarily running an NPC for a session rather than playing my own character. It's not an unpleasant feeling, but it is a curious one. I don't think the writing has quite fired on all cylinders yet.
It's very difficult to write a "mastermind" character and have the reader be surprised at his plays if I don't resort to some subterfuge. But that feeling is about where I intend it to be--playing as a pre-established character with some unreliable narrator tendencies.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Unfortunately, it's very likely this will be my first and last AVN. Unless Steam really blows up, this is absolutely unsustainable. I won't abandon this one though, don't worry.

Yes, the variables for the infiltration are persistent between playthroughs.
i'm gonna be honest here, i think you put far too many Gods for Zero End.
Also yes, i think your game could have good sales on steam too.

I hope you find success and more patreon members (or steam sales) cuz I'd like to see you keep developing. I don't see why you couldn't make the patreon number that Classy Lemon have.

Reactions: Regularus

vs2011xyz

May 18, 2021
Zero End [v0.0.2c] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 305mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Will you update pls...

Regularus

Apr 2, 2019
Please keep giving it time and don't lose heart. I think the game's going to be a huge success in the long run, but Patreon is very much a trust-based thing that ramps up slowly so the more updates you have under your belt the better. Itch and Steam will likely be steady trickles long before they turn into raging, utterly uncontrollable money floods.

There are still lots of players out there who don't even know the game exists yet who are going to absolutely love it.
It's sad that there are some high quality AVN like Zero End that do not have the popularity and following it should have.
Personnally i had no idea until a few days ago that Zero End even existed, i just randomly ran into the signature of an user about Zero End and i clicked the link to see what that game was about.
And wow it was really a great surprise.

I sincerely hope with time Zero End following will take off and the dev will be able then to make a comfortable amount of money. Zero End is really good and the author deserves better.

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
Please keep giving it time and don't lose heart. I think the game's going to be a huge success in the long run, but Patreon is very much a trust-based thing that ramps up slowly so the more updates you have under your belt the better. Itch and Steam will likely be steady trickles long before they turn into raging, utterly uncontrollable money floods.

There are still lots of players out there who don't even know the game exists yet who are going to absolutely love it.
This release fared worse than the second one, which just blows my mind. I guess I am a bit disheartened, but it'll pass. Nowhere to go but forward.

Probably could merge some of the attributes too, trim the pathing a bit.
Removing Gods or stats would incur more development time than creating interactions for them.

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
I'm usually not one for replaying AVNs and so, since I forgot some of the content from previous updates (different factions/teams etc..), it took me a while to get into it again.
Mostly playing on my Keira run, I immensely enjoyed it nonetheless. It felt like a really well-rounded update, if that makes any sense (regarding story progression, inter-personal interaction etc.) and while I already liked the AVN before, now I'm an even bigger fan.

So yeah, unfortunate to hear that the response to this was underwhelming and things are looking a bit grim in general. Hope, financial circumstances will improve soon and best of luck with future development. Looking forward to the next update. :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Stolen_rose

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2022
Mostly playing on my Keira run, I immensely enjoyed it nonetheless. It felt like a really well-rounded update, if that makes any sense (regarding story progression, inter-personal interaction etc.) and while I already liked the AVN before, now I'm an even bigger fan.

So yeah, unfortunate to hear that the response to this was underwhelming and things are looking a bit grim in general. Hope, financial circumstances will improve soon and best of luck with future development. Looking forward to the next update. :)
Don't worry about it, that's my problem to deal with. I'm just glad for the people who are enjoying the game and I hope I can make something special for everyone who likes it. Whether or not I continue making AVNs is a problem for 3 years from now.

4.90 star(s) 56 Votes