rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
Does anyone know of a way to lower just the zombie scream sound effect? It's so loud when compared to the rest of things, to the point where I can't hear anything apart from that unless I want to go deaf whenever a zombie detects me
Menu button > Options > SE Volume or BGS Volume

Options is also in the Title menu. You can even customize your keyboard configuration there if you're not sure which buttons do what.

Last edited:

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
On Hard mode, patch 1.0.4, when you rescue 2 people (Caroline and Ashley), you consume 4 food and 1 water per day. The Walkthrough says the minimum consumption is 3-4 rescued and it should be 3 food, 2 water. I'm assuming that the 3-4 rescued does not include Leslie and Rachel. Initially I thought that you don't consume any food and water because nothing was written about what happens if you have rescued 0-2 survivors.

(Bug?) I don't know if it's bugged, but you can't collect water from the Water basin (basic) on the day it's raining, nor can you collect on the day after it rained. Even if it rained 2 days in a row, you can't collect water from it.

(Bug?) The salvage zones don't let you salvage on day 2 (you can salvage on day 3, not sure about day 4). I'm not sure if you are intended to only salvage every other day or if it's a bug. But if you can only salvage every other day, the game does NOT tell you that, nor does the walkthrough mention that.

(Bug?) You can't ever ask Caroline to heal you at home, even though she tells you to talk to her when you're injured so that she can heal you.
Leslie and Rachel are included in the number of women rescued. If they weren't the women rescued would only go as high as 4.

None of the bugs you listed are bugs. In regards to the water basin you don't have to go collect the water it is done automatically for you. It is the same for the garden.

The game and the walkthrough both tell you that salvage points refreshes every two days after they are scavenged. The game tells you at the very first salvage point and the walkthrough tells you in the intro section.

As for Caroline you need to be partyed up with her when you come home injured. When you progress a little bit farther in her quest line (point 4 in the walkthrough) you can request a medical examination.

Reactions: rainwake

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
Leslie and Rachel are included in the number of women rescued. If they weren't the women rescued would only go as high as 4.

None of the bugs you listed are bugs. In regards to the water basin you don't have to go collect the water it is done automatically for you. It is the same for the garden.

The game and the walkthrough both tell you that salvage points refreshes every two days after they are scavenged. The game tells you at the very first salvage point and the walkthrough tells you in the intro section.

As for Caroline you need to be partyed up with her when you come home injured. When you progress a little bit farther in her quest line (point 4 in the walkthrough) you can request a medical examination.
Regarding Leslie and Rachel being included as survivors rescued, it doesn't makes sense. The walkthrough lists 8 other people that you can rescue (meaning there's a total of 10 survivors not including MC). So it would make more sense to NOT include Leslie and Rachel b/c 7-8 survivors seems to be the final tier for food consumption. If they were included then the count should go up to 10.

Also, the food consumption doesn't add up even if Leslie and Rachel did count. Altogether I have 4 survivors. This means I should be consuming 3 food and 2 water. Instead I'm consuming 4 food and 1 water.

I can't be sure that I'm getting water added from the water basin because the game tells you when you get food from the garden but doesn't do that for water. When I went to sleep I had 3 water and the next day I would have 2 water.

I'm aware that Caroline can heal you if you bring her with you, take damage, and then go home. However she only heals you for 1 HP. She doesn't heal you to full. It's good to know she can do medical examinations later though.

Last edited:

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
Regarding Leslie and Rachel being included as survivors rescued, it doesn't makes sense. The walkthrough lists 8 other people that you can rescue (meaning there's a total of 10 survivors not including MC). So it would make more sense to NOT include Leslie and Rachel.

Also, the food consumption doesn't add up even if Leslie and Rachel did count. Altogether I have 4 survivors. This means I should be consuming 3 food and 2 water. Instead I'm consuming 4 food and 1 water.

I can't be sure that I'm getting water added from the water basin because the game tells you when you get food from the garden but doesn't do that about water. When I went to sleep I had 3 water and the next day I would have 2 water.

I'm aware that Caroline can heal you if you bring her with you, take damage, and then go home. However she only heals you for 1 HP. She doesn't heal you to full. I didn't know she could do medical examinations later though.
I don't know what to tell you their is a max total of 6 women that stay in that house including Leslie and Rachel. Their is not 10 survivors. The listed resource cost is correct. It may not seem that way because your resource gain from the garden and the water basin are added to your inventory first then the game takes your food consumption.

Yes it would be better if the game told you that water was automatic, but it does give you water. If you want anything beyond that you need to use Medicinal Herb's or a Med Kit.

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
I don't know what to tell you their is a max total of 6 women that stay in that house including Leslie and Rachel. Their is not 10 survivors. The listed resource cost is correct. It may not seem that way because your resource gain from the garden and the water basin are added to your inventory first then the game takes your food consumption.

Yes it would be better if the game told you that water was automatic, but it does give you water. If you want anything beyond that you need to use Medicinal Herb's or a Med Kit.
There's a total of 6? That's very different than what the walkthrough was saying. I'll take your word for it
I think you're actually right about survivor count including Leslie and Rachel. When I save, it displays the number of women rescued. That number does include Rachel and Leslie.

I calculated like this:
food I had from the previous night + food gained from the garden the next day - food I have on the following morning = 4

Water calculation might have been off because perhaps it was consuming 2 water a day and the basic water basin was giving me +1 water. So it looked like I was consuming 1 water a day. My water doesn't seem to go down when I have intermediate Water Basin

The 1★ Dude

Jun 26, 2018
These are just CGs and animations from their respective Patreon tiers. I suppose you could replace the in game pictures if you try hard enough but that would require extra steps and might not work.
So, this is just a collection and actually no real mod? -.-

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I found impreg scenes for two women (Leslie and talia). are the other girls missing such scenes?
Regarding Leslie and Rachel being included as survivors rescued, it doesn't makes sense. The walkthrough lists 8 other people that you can rescue (meaning there's a total of 10 survivors not including MC). So it would make more sense to NOT include Leslie and Rachel b/c 7-8 survivors seems to be the final tier for food consumption. If they were included then the count should go up to 10.

I can't be sure that I'm getting water added from the water basin because the game tells you when you get food from the garden but doesn't do that for water. When I went to sleep I had 3 water and the next day I would have 2 water.

I'm aware that Caroline can heal you if you bring her with you, take damage, and then go home. However she only heals you for 1 HP. She doesn't heal you to full. It's good to know she can do medical examinations later though.
Not everyone lives in the house with you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
I found impreg scenes for two women (Leslie and talia). are the other girls missing such scenes?

Not everyone lives in the house with you.

You're right that the walkthrough lists all the characters and not all of them live with you. However, the food calculation was with 4 rescued women at the time. 4 food and 1 or 2 water was consumed daily. This is different than what the walkthrough suggested.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
You're right that the walkthrough lists all the characters and not all of them live with you. However, the food calculation was with 4 rescued women at the time. 4 food and 1 or 2 water was consumed daily. This is different than what the walkthrough suggested.
Oh, I don't know what is up with that. I am playing on easy mode. Honestly anything other than easy mode is near impossible. As you literally cannot generate enough food and water to not die. Honestly the survival mechanics in this game are kinda ass. And I hate the grind.
I guess if you luck out and get exactly the items you need so that you can build the resource generating items fast enough. it is still pretty nightmarish.

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
Oh, I don't know what is up with that. I am playing on easy mode. Honestly anything other than easy mode is near impossible. As you literally cannot generate enough food and water to not die. Honestly the survival mechanics in this game are kinda ass. And I hate the grind.
I guess if you luck out and get exactly the items you need so that you can build the resource generating items fast enough. it is still pretty nightmarish.
Not quite as impossible as you think. If you want more food, bringing Leslie with you can make extra food and water drop. Rachel is great for finding extra ammo and metal. Caroline is great for finding extra wood.
Rushing Garden (basic) and Garden (intermediate) on day 1-2 is really important. Followed by Water basin. Also making fishing rod and fishing can help with food supply. Each fishing rod gets you 3-4 fish before breaking.
If you're really struggling with getting the resources you need, you can also save before looting a scavenge zone and then reload to re-roll your loot. That's also why it's important to know how much you're losing per day, and how much you can offset it via the garden and how much extra gathering is needed.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Not quite as impossible as you think. If you want more food, bringing Leslie with you can make extra food and water drop.
Except there are not enough collection sites.
Rushing Garden (basic) and Garden (intermediate) on day 1-2 is really important.
There are not enough collection points, and too much random changes involved here. If you the collection points give you the wrong materials than you can take a while to get those built
Also making fishing rod and fishing can help with food supply. Each fishing rod gets you 3-4 fish before breaking.
No, rubber is near impossible to get early on and if you use your rubber on this you cannot use it on the utterly critical basin

4.40 star(s) 117 Votes