Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
Well I have now build her room and got the next quest with her, searching her whistle, while the questlog still shows sidequest 1.. like I said, I did it originally and after dying and retrying it was gone. Also another user in this thread asked where that circle was gone because he also ran into that bug.

If I didn't already do the quest and knew what it looked like you might be right, but I have done it and can tell you that the circle just now doesn't pop up, so it's impossible to do the quest. You can see me standing there on the screen next to where it's supposed to be.
Wait did you wait a day after getting her whistle. After you get the whistle on the island the MC says that he is too tired. Try going to sleep then go back with her.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
Wait did you wait a day after getting her whistle. After you get the whistle on the island the MC says that he is too tired. Try going to sleep then go back with her.
I just got the quest I didn't go searching for the whistle yet. The whistle quest is new and I assume not buggy. Does one need to absolve the first quest in order to get the whistle quest? If so, then it's just a "visual" bug that the quest log still shows the first quest.

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
I just got the quest I didn't go searching for the whistle yet. The whistle quest is new and I assume not buggy. Does one need to absolve the first quest in order to get the whistle quest? If so, then it's just a "visual" bug that the quest log still shows the first quest.
Wait I thought you said you already had the whistle quest. Now I am not sure what you have done. You know what I am just going to post her quest line. Tell what the last step you did.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
Wait I thought you said you already had the whistle quest. Now I am not sure what you have done. You know what I am just going to post her quest line. Tell what the last step you did.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, I am at #7 now, I've got the whistle quest but didn't finish it yet. But the Quest #2 is still in my log showing as you can see on my screenshot. I think it's just a visual bug since I could progress the story with her further.

Txbiez

Jun 26, 2018
Yo help me please i got stuck on Leslie quest "steamy bath" where i can't happend to craft Heat stuff,there are no recipe and i can't read the crafting manual as well

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's patreon.

CharacterShowdownUpdate.png

Character Showdown Update | Zombie's Retreat 1 & 2

Hey everyone!

Today I'm super happy to share some of the first details about a new update for not just Zombie's Retreat 2, but also Zombie's Retreat 1!

== Character Showdown Tournaments ==

In case you haven't heard, for the past couple of years, there's been a fan-run 'character showdown' tournament on Discord that pits all of the characters from all of my different games together in a big tournament to determine the fan favorite character.

The first year, two tournaments were held. Leslie from ZR1 won the first tournament and Meredith from ZR2 won the second.

I wanted to reward the winners by having their own special scene and so I've finally found some extra time to work on that! The two lovely ladies will be getting a special new themed costume & scene!

The costumes are still being designed so I will reveal those soon once they are finished.

== Zombie's Retreat 1 ==

Yup, this means that Zombie's Retreat 1 will be receiving a new update! Leslie's new scene will be added in this version.

I've also been meaning to upload a new update for some small bug fixes. Most notably, the computer terminals in the power plant don't use the correct naming when revisiting them (hint hint, wink wink- lore).

I've had some people ask me, will they have to repurchase a copy of ZR1 on itch? The answer should be no. As long as they download the game from the account they purchased ZR1 off of, the website should remember. This is the first time I'm trying this out so this will be a learning experience for myself as well. But as far as I'm aware, ZR1 players should not have to re-purchase the game.

(Rachel & Jessie tied for first place in the third character showdown tournament last winter so yes... another ZR1 update will happen in the future!)

== Zombie's Retreat 2 ==

ZR2's update will be a little bulkier. First, I will be finally adding proper functionality for special events as well as costume support. This way, the Halloween event and character showdown scene will be properly implemented. Future seasonal/special events will should use this facility too.

Of course, Meredith's new scene will be added in this update. Leslie's scene will ALSO be added in this update. I want players to be able to view her scene in ZR2's size/resolution so it will be a bonus. (Leslie's scene will still take place from the ZR1 MC's POV. No sharing shenanigans are going on here).

Leslie and Meredith's scenes are echo scenes, meaning they use the same pose. However, both scenes have notably different environments, outfits, etc. This is meant to show the parallels between the two ladies while also highlighting the differences. I hope you enjoy them!

== Secret Project ==

A while ago I had announced I would possibly take a small break in ZR2's release schedule to sit down and work on a secret project that's slowly been in development for a couple of years now.

I want to try and avoid having to actually take a break from ZR2. So my plan here is that since the character showdown updates will be pretty easy to develop, I can use this extra time to work on the secret project as well. This way, ZR2 updates can steadily continue and the secret project should get a huge jump start in completion.

I know some people seemed a little concerned about the 'small break' so I wanted to try and avoid it all together! Remember, the secret project does take place in the ZR2 universe and shares the same art style so ZR2 players will likely find some enjoyment with this smaller game.

======

That's everything for this update! Stay tuned for reveals of the outfits as well as teasers for the scenes. I'll have a release date announcement coming up soon as well.

Thank you all so much for playing Zombie's Retreat! I'll see you soon with more info!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: y0081268 and A-9570

.-Shiraori-.

Aug 10, 2022
So i have a little problem wich probably someone already answered it but read 78 pags? damn even probably didn't happen to anyone.. still here my problem.. i can advance in the game side/main Q... but here when i speak to her at evening ZR.PNG

i can hook up... but after done game freeze in black screen. Someone can tell me why that happen?

Meloned

Mar 22, 2023
I dont get it guys, whats with extras? Whats the necessary ones? Someone said i should put the animated cg on the main game, how can i fully play this from the very beginning without missing good stuff? Will the game get a remake? Quite dissapointed with the new mc tho, on RZ2 like how am i gonna fap looking like emo? It should be just simple just like the RZ1 mc, ive seen the game on sites, and followed some of the walkthrough, but can someone spoil what happened to RZ1 mc and other girls? Im losing the feel to even play this at the first place, will they do something about the RZ2 mc? I mean man be looking like sasuke, he feels like he doesnt belong to the universe like what?? Id proly just play this if they did something about it like changing the mc looks, or remaking the game.

Tensa Zangetsu1000

Engaged Member
Modder
Jan 16, 2018
From Siren's patreon.

CharacterShowdownUpdate1.png

Your Queens Have Arrived | Progress Report

Hey everyone!

I'm happy to officially share the new special look for Linda and Meredith!

== Royalty Theme ==

For this particular set of Character Showdown winners, I wanted to go with a queen outfit for Meredith & Leslie. Both Linda and Meredith have interesting bloodlines, dating back to a long time ago in a world full of kingdoms and queens fit to rule them!

Even though both of them are dressed in royal outfits, their themes vary pretty significantly hinting at the overall nature of each kingdom that they represent.

Unfortunately, these outfits are FAR too revealing to show off entirely on a public post. I have to still abide by the rules of course!

But, when these updates are out, you'll be able to see them unobstructed in their full costumes.

== Zombie's Retreat 1 ==

In this update, you will be able to unlock Leslie's queen outfit to have her switch to it when you wish.

Additionally, this costume will have it's own special scene so you can enjoy it 'in motion' ;)

== Zombie's Retreat 2 ==

Costume functionality is planned for this event so, similar to Zombie's Retreat 1, so you'll be able to swap Meredith's outfit into this one.

The actual means of unlocking the costume might be a little different as I'm still working out the details for how costumes work in ZR2. It might not be the exact same system as ZR1 but it'll probably be very similar.

And in case you missed the last update, I'll add a way to view Leslie's new scene in ZR2 so you can see it in the larger resolution! Leslie's actual swappable outfit will only be in ZR1 though... I think. (Don't read into that too hard)

=====

Stay tuned for a teaser at their new scenes as well as a release date window announcement!

Thank you all so much for playing Zombie's Retreat 2! I'll see you all soon with more news & updates =D

datarelay

Jun 8, 2021
Kinda boring to be fair. Few interesting moments and the scenes are a bit disappointing considering the great art is shown most of the time. I hope the second one have more kinks, more relationship development, less item grind etc.

4.40 star(s) 117 Votes