-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I told him about that broken logic late yesterday, though you stated it better and with a fix. I doubt he's had a chance to fix anything. He's got some irl issues at the moment.

But I may poach your fix when I update the mods again (which I will).
No worries. What I posted is the simplest fix, only requiring a few characters. There is another way to approach this type of situation, which I would recommend in the future. Since the flow of code checks from top to bottom of a file (not counting things like jump statements), you can use this to your advantage. Check the most strict condition first and then use elif statements to catch lesser conditions, with a final else like you already have for when none of the conditions are met. So something like this would be better:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There likely could be situations where this isn't the most desirable ordering, but I'm not thinking of any offhand. At least most of the time, this ordering will improve the code a bit and avoid possible mistakes like what exist in the current file. It will also shrink the script file size a little, and a bit here and there over time can amount to a reasonable reduction in total game size.

war117

Nov 9, 2017
There is a lot of exceptions that have occurred while running the game code and to be honest it’s making it harder to try and play it it’s almost like there’s a major glitch in the script by the looks of it it’s only in day eight Part of the game by the looks of it it reads like this file game/day eight script.rpy line 2245 and line 579 at least 4 times for the mini game and then after that that’s basically the same thing different numbers 588 in the script there’s also something saying byte code as well

TKLouang

Aug 1, 2021
Mod scripts makes the game error almost all choice selections starting at Vanessa Pool scene towards during the confrontation with Brad and MC

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/day08script.rpy", line 3955, in script
    $ d8askpetra += 1
  File "game/day08script.rpy", line 3955, in <module>
    $ d8askpetra += 1
NameError: name 'd8askpetra' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ d8askpetra += 1
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    $ d8askpetra += 1

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
16 years later! episode7.1extra
Wed May 11 04:35:21 2022

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/day08script.rpy", line 5071, in script
    g1 "Hey buddy, you got any spare change?"
Exception: Sayer 'g1' is not defined.

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 681, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 574, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Wed May 11 04:36:20 2022

Reactions: Seriosha

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
11 May: OK, I didn't quite make "Tuesday" but after some wailing, gnashing of teeth, and rending of garments, the combined mod is available and linked below.

If you encounter errors, give me an @ mention and I'll check.

7 May: I got the "ipatch only" mod done , and it's linked at the bottom.
EDIT: Spotted an error in the "ipatch only" file, mod updated to v4.2 (and then 4.3)

For Game Episodes 4, 5.3, 6.2, and 7,1 - I put together a combination ipatch/Walkthrough, but I highlighted almost all the same choices you'd get if you play using the "Read Mode" (or choose all the Green menu items in the regular game). Also added the points awarded/subtracted for all choices. You can wander off the choice(s) I show in green, but it may not result in what you were hoping to happen.

Made a few minor changes to points, and edited some grammar, punctuation, syntax, etc. (This is ongoing, and I may release more versions of this mod with further edits, please stay tuned if interested.)

NOTE: If you get an error at startup that mentions variables defined twice... just click the "Reload " linked text on-screen, that should clear the error.

Get Ep 4 mod at Mega:

SYL_Ep_4_Combo_WT_v1.2

Get Ep 5.3 mod at Mega:

SYL_Ep_5.3_Combo_WT_v2.2

Get Ep 6.2 "ipatch only", and Combined mod at Mega:

(UPDATED 28 March)

(UPDATED 28 March)
SYL_Ep_6.2_Combo_WT_Mod_v3.2

Get Ep 7.1 "ipatch only" mod and Combined mod at Mega:

(Added 11 May)
SYL_Ep_7.1_Extra_Combo_WT_Mod_v4.1.rar

(UPDATED patch to v4.2 then 4.3 to fix errors on my part - sorry about that)
Quick question, why do you have previous versions of the mod on the post? I understand wanting to have 1 version before but 3 versions before? It's very confusing. I can't really think of a reason why someone would need a walkthough for ep4 alone without wanting one for the other episodes as well. It would be best imo to just have the latest versions on the post alone.

michi04

May 14, 2018
Hello, I have the problem with the game that the points +/- are not displayed in the answer options. downloaded the game, the associated mod + incest. I even started the game from the beginning. but still don't get any points for the possible answers. What can I do and who can help me. Thank you very much.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Quick question, why do you have previous versions of the mod on the post? I understand wanting to have 1 version before but 3 versions before? It's very confusing. I can't really think of a reason why someone would need a walkthough for ep4 alone without wanting one for the other episodes as well. It would be best imo to just have the latest versions on the post alone.
Because some people might still be on older versions? Novel concept right?
Did I blow your mind?

Reactions: TheSidewinder

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Who tf has a version which is a year or more old? And why wouldn't he install the latest one? Doesn't make sense, no one does that.
Me.
1652284984601.png

Also install? :KEK:

Dropping something into a folder isn't installing. Go troll somewhere else kid...

Reactions: Burgh917

michi04

May 14, 2018
I have the brand new version, but I also have 2 older versions. why shouldn't I use the current 7.1 version and the associated ipacht and mod? with the previous version 6.2 everything worked without problems. So now I have to live with not seeing the points for the answer options, it's a bit crap. Is there another way to get this displayed?

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I have the brand new version, but I also have 2 older versions. why shouldn't I use the current 7.1 version and the associated ipacht and mod? with the previous version 6.2 everything worked without problems. So now I have to live with not seeing the points for the answer options, it's a bit crap. Is there another way to get this displayed?
7.1 seem still to be buggy. That's why I keep older versions and patches round.

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
You can use this mod: https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-1-8-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/
It shows the points behind every single choice.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
The exception doesn't make the rule. Also idk if you're dumb or you're trolling but dropping something into a folder IS installing, that's literally the definition of install. Google it kid.
Eh, that's actually an oversimplified definition. Whether that constitutes installing completely depends on what you're putting on your machine. In the case of Ren'Py, just copying a full game folder to a location on your hard drive would indeed be installing it, because Ren'Py games are designed to be self-contained and immediately ready for use. With a program like GIMP, you download an installer and have to run that executable to have a usable app on your machine. Some programs write to the Windows registry (or similar on a Mac), so just dropping something into a folder isn't always installing it. By that simple definition, dropping a JPG into a Photos folder would be "installing" the image — which isn't even remotely true. To install a program is to make it ready for use by a machine, whatever that requires.

Reactions: Burgh917

Soxiyof

Aug 8, 2020
Hi,

Using a previous message from "TheSideWinder", u can sort this out (if u know your way raound RenPy interface and files.

See post below :

https://f95zone.to/threads/16-years-later-ep-7-1-extra-wetdreamwalker.90568/post-7874970

As for me, I didnt know how to do his procedure, I directly added the missing variable in the "script.rpy" file located in the 'game' folder. Idk if its the main file but after rolling back, saving, closing the game, adding the necessary variable. so far It worked out.

Mod scripts makes the game error almost all choice selections starting at Vanessa Pool scene towards during the confrontation with Brad and MC

Code:

While running game code:
    $ d8askpetra += 1
    $ d8askpetra += 1

Full traceback:
    $ d8askpetra += 1
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    $ d8askpetra += 1

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Wed May 11 04:35:21 2022

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 681, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 574, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Wed May 11 04:36:20 2022

Soxiyof

Aug 8, 2020
Hi,

I notice quite a few missing labels and characters declarations in "game/script.rpy" while playing (i know some have already been noticed but in case it hasn't been added for the next versions ...) :

Python:
define g1 = Character ("Unknown Park Guy 1", color="#ed32ec", who_outlines=[ (2, "#000000") ], what_outlines=[ (2, "#000000") ])
define g2 = Character ("Unknown Park Guy 2", color="#de32ec", who_outlines=[ (2, "#000000") ], what_outlines=[ (2, "#000000") ])
define cu = Character ("Curtis", color="#de32ec", who_outlines=[ (2, "#000000") ], what_outlines=[ (2, "#000000") ])
define ro = Character ("Roy", color="#ed32ec", who_outlines=[ (2, "#000000") ], what_outlines=[ (2, "#000000") ])

define emmameet = 0
define d8askpetra = 0
define d8vantellpet = 0
define d8tegansun = 0
define d8park = 0
define d8parkrude = 0
define d8moneyok = 0
define d8nomoney = 0
define d8moneyok = 0
define d8nomoney = 0
define d8bradsorry = 0
define d8bradrude = 0