orto23

Oct 16, 2018
I've got 1 1/4 more scenes to do. Will probably be finished by tomorrow with renders. Coding will be done on Wednesday and maybe a little on Thursday. Friday will be for bug crushing and fixing errors and Saturday I'll release around 3pm EST. I've put in long days trying to get this release out and I hope you all enjoy it. I do have fun making this game, so the long days are okay. Have a great week...

-Doc
Do not burn yourself out, you seem to be working 7 days a week.

May 26, 2018
So, this is why you put "The Mysterious Island" on hold. Like I had said on your other game, I really wish developers, new and old/experienced, would finish one damned game before starting a new one.

• Angry
Reactions: KnuckleDragger79

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
So, this is why you put "The Mysterious Island" on hold. Like I had said on your other game, I really wish developers, new and old/experienced, would finish one damned game before starting a new one.
There are times where you have an idea that doesn't fit right in what you're currently working on, but it's something you want to expand on. Then, there are times where you might just be stuck on a project, and working on something different can get you unstuck, and even give ideas for said project.

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
Personally, I would much rather have a Dev work on several games at once. If you work on the same game for months on end, you get burnt out. Then NOTHING gets done or updated.

May 26, 2018
There are times where you have an idea that doesn't fit right in what you're currently working on, but it's something you want to expand on. Then, there are times where you might just be stuck on a project, and working on something different can get you unstuck, and even give ideas for said project.
Actually, I can see your point regarding that ( re: ideas that do not follow the current story). But then, you can write the idea down to come back to it later. At least, that would be me own opinion.

Personally, I would much rather have a Dev work on several games at once. If you work on the same game for months on end, you get burnt out. Then NOTHING gets done or updated.
Unfortunately, there are very poor records of games actually
1) Being completed with even a half-assed decent ending;
2) Too many games eventually being abandoned by developers because they spread themselves too thinly regarding multiple projects;
and 3) too many developers using excuses in order to milk their supporters without actually making significant progress in any of their games.

please note: I am NOT saying any of the above apply in regards to this developer, in fact I am even willing to - at least for now - give this developer the benefit of the doubt regarding both games. However, I stand by me comment regarding me original post, here (as well as me post on his other game-thread).

orto23

Oct 16, 2018
Actually, I can see your point regarding that ( re: ideas that do not follow the current story). But then, you can write the idea down to come back to it later. At least, that would be me own opinion.

Unfortunately, there are very poor records of games actually
1) Being completed with even a half-assed decent ending;
2) Too many games eventually being abandoned by developers because they spread themselves too thinly regarding multiple projects;
and 3) too many developers using excuses in order to milk their supporters without actually making significant progress in any of their games.

please note: I am NOT saying any of the above apply in regards to this developer, in fact I am even willing to - at least for now - give this developer the benefit of the doubt regarding both games. However, I stand by me comment regarding me original post, here (as well as me post on his other game-thread).
If you do watch this virtual novel, please do not confuse the characters of the novel's English skills with the authors native English skills, as so many English-second-language speakers appear to be doing. (You should be using the word "my" instead of "me" everywhere in your post). I hope you enjoy the game

May 26, 2018
If you do watch this virtual novel, please do not confuse the characters of the novel's English skills with the authors native English skills, as so many English-second-language speakers appear to be doing. (You should be using the word "my" instead of "me" everywhere in your post). I hope you enjoy the game
I happen to be Irish, and that is how I speak and write. Rather than make fun of, or criticizing me own speech, try understanding not everyone speaks English as you do.

Reactions: Skargaroth

Deleted member 2613945

Jul 17, 2020
1/2 a scene left to do. About 4-6 more renders left. Should finish in the next couple hours.
those daily reports are unsual - fist time i see someone doing this
You fired up my imaginary with indian sister - any other exotic countries ? maybe Japanese loli with huge boobs :PogChamp:

Reactions: Burgh917

Doc5252 Productions

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
those daily reports are unsual - fist time i see someone doing this
You fired up my imaginary with indian sister - any other exotic countries ? maybe Japanese loli with huge boobs :PogChamp:
Well, once I have my SubscribeStar account verified, I'll be updating on there exclusively. But until then, it's here on F95Zone.

Doc5252 Productions

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
those bastards won't verified it yet?
if some characters looks to young just add screens with granny and poof all characters looks 200% adult :WeSmart:
Well, I tried to get verified last January while I was creating the game, but they said I had to wait until the game came out. So, I did. Now, I haven't heard a word from them since, even though the game has been out for 3 1/2 weeks. It's beginning to piss me off.

JMccovery

Mar 7, 2018
But, everyone is different. Some can write it down and come back later, others would rather start working on expanding that idea. I know that at least for me, if it's an idea that I could describe as "that would be cool", and I'm not working on something super important, I'll what I'm currently doing aside.

orto23

Oct 16, 2018
I happen to be Irish, and that is how I speak and write. Rather than make fun of, or criticizing me own speech, try understanding not everyone speaks English as you do.
Sorry for insulting you, I obviously have a lot to learn about how other perfectly good English speakers speak. I hope you can accept my apology.

Reactions: Burgh917
3.40 star(s) 112 Votes