lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
If you're in a monogamous relationship sleeping with another person is cheating.
Depend on the couple. I personally don't see sleeping with the same sex as cheating. I am straight, my wife's bi. She knows she can sleep with other women and she knows I can sleep with other men. Well, she knows I will never do that, but that's not the case. In my mind sleeping with another person of the same sex is cheating only if there's feelings involved. Till my wife loves me she can sleep with any woman she wants, I don't think it's cheating. And AFAIK, me and my wife is not unique couple, there are many others like us.
So in that case, like some people like to tell me, don't force your opinion on others.

It would be impossible to tell a good story if the players have total control over every big decision every character makes in the game. It would end up with a story that is not very deep or you would end up with 20 different, but much shorter stories.

I think you should look at this as a visual novel and not as a video game. You will be given options that wil impact the story, but there is a bigger story that you are ”forced" to follow. As an example it's important for the story that th MC have sex with Fae at least once. It has a big impact on the relationship between Fae and Audrey, between Fae and MC and between Fae and Audrey. To avoid that I would have to write a totally new story than the story I wanted to tell.
Totally disagree with it. It's visual novel exactly, not kinetic novel. The main feature of visual novel is player choices. Player decides where the story goes. If player can't decide that, it's not visual novel, it's kinetic novel. And if you personally don't know how to write a good story giving choices to player... well, shame on you. That's where the art of storymaking is - to make story good while interactive. Try to be a DM in some D&D without planned adventure, making story on the run. When your party will say you did good adventure you'll know how to make a good story while giving player all the major choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Revan321

Dragul17

Aug 12, 2018
Depend on the couple. I personally don't see sleeping with the same sex as cheating. I am straight, my wife's bi. She knows she can sleep with other women and she knows I can sleep with other men. Well, she knows I will never do that, but that's not the case. In my mind sleeping with another person of the same sex is cheating only if there's feelings involved. Till my wife loves me she can sleep with any woman she wants, I don't think it's cheating. And AFAIK, me and my wife is not unique couple, there are many others like us.
So in that case, like some people like to tell me, don't force your opinion on others.

Totally disagree with it. It's visual novel exactly, not kinetic novel. The main feature of visual novel is player choices. Player decides where the story goes. If player can't decide that, it's not visual novel, it's kinetic novel. And if you personally don't know how to write a good story giving choices to player... well, shame on you. That's where the art of storymaking is - to make story good while interactive. Try to be a DM in some D&D without planned adventure, making story on the run. When your party will say you did good adventure you'll know how to make a good story while giving player all the major choices.
It sounds like you're in an open relationship. Monogamy is very strict with regards to fidelity. Any extramarital activities is cheating in monogamy

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
Haven't gotten too far into the game (day 4), but here is my take so far.

The models look great and on the surface I really love the fact that you have a full script in place. I have wondered why it really hasn't been tried before because I hate waiting years to get any form of conclusion to a story or game.

That said, I do have to say, that you probably introduced way too many characters way too fast for people to keep track of. Especially considering you don't have full renders to better help people get used to the charaters.

I also really don't like the psychadelic dream sequences that distort reality from dreamland with zero visual assists to help the reader stay focused and not get confused. The final product might look great, but it the mean time, it further adds to the already crowded confusing stadium sized cast. Maybe throw in some dream images to help us keep track of the dreams, especially for people that speed read through parts of the story.

I want to be excited about this game based on the looks of the females and some of the tags, so I am cautiosly optimistic. I will see how much further through the game I can get in the meantime. ..oh and a walkthrough would be hugely appreciative for this as well.

Good luck!

Reactions: xxerikxx

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Haven't gotten too far into the game (day 4), but here is my take so far.

The models look great and on the surface I really love the fact that you have a full script in place. I have wondered why it really hasn't been tried before because I hate waiting years to get any form of conclusion to a story or game.

That said, I do have to say, that you probably introduced way too many characters way too fast for people to keep track of. Especially considering you don't have full renders to better help people get used to the charaters.

I also really don't like the psychadelic dream sequences that distort reality from dreamland with zero visual assists to help the reader stay focused and not get confused. The final product might look great, but it the mean time, it further adds to the already crowded confusing stadium sized cast. Maybe throw in some dream images to help us keep track of the dreams, especially for people that speed read through parts of the story.

I want to be excited about this game based on the looks of the females and some of the tags, so I am cautiosly optimistic. I will see how much further through the game I can get in the meantime. ..oh and a walkthrough would be hugely appreciative for this as well.

Good luck!
Thanks for the feedback. I really hope you will enjoy the story.

All your point are very valid and I agree with you. When I wrote the game, I was thinking that before the release I would find someone who could help me with the renders or it would not be published at all. If I had known that I would release a game without full renders I would have written a game with less characters and introduced the main characters slower. However if you allow yourself to play a few days into the game I think that you will learn to know the characters. After Audrey and Fae arrive in LA there is no more big characters that will be introduced and there will be 3 more weeks of gameplay.

One thing I can recommend to avoid to many characters is not to go to the nightclub in day 1. The people you meet are not important to the main story. I wrote in the nightclub scenes so there would be a sex-scene in day 1, and because I at that point tried to learn basic Renpy and programming.

Glad that you appreciate that I have released a full story and not dragged it out over many years. I think it is a good, long and realistic (compared to most games on this site) story, and I think many will enjoy it if they manage to not get to annoyed with lack of pictures and animations.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluerubber

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Saw the bdsm tag... how much is in the game? ^^
would be nice to know if its a "good amout" or only one scene
It's more than a scene, but since this is a very big story, I would not call it a major part. This is in my view a sweet and realistic story. Another tag I have put in is incest. This is only one scene and it does not involve the MC so those who are hoping for a lot of incest will be disappointed.

xxerikxx

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2019
Ok I was about to download the final version, then I saw this. I am sorry that MC and Fae fail to protect Audrey and that she will be abused by Jack or Greg in this story, but sometimes bad stuff happens in a novel. then I saw this in the changelog. Can prevent Audrey from having sex with Gregory also saw this, Can prevent Audrey from losing her virginity so which is it? The first spoiler or the second?
Yes, after many requests it is now possible to save Audrey's virginity!

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for the feedback. I really hope you will enjoy the story.

All your point are very valid and I agree with you. When I wrote the game, I was thinking that before the release I would find someone who could help me with the renders or it would not be published at all. If I had known that I would release a game without full renders I would have written a game with less characters and introduced the main characters slower. However if you allow yourself to play a few days into the game I think that you will learn to know the characters. After Audrey and Fae arrive in LA there is no more big characters that will be introduced and there will be 3 more weeks of gameplay.

One thing I can recommend to avoid to many characters is not to go to the nightclub in day 1. The people you meet are not important to the main story. I wrote in the nightclub scenes so there would be a sex-scene in day 1, and because I at that point tried to learn basic Renpy and programming.

Glad that you appreciate that I have released a full story and not dragged it out over many years. I think it is a good, long and realistic (compared to most games on this site) story, and I think many will enjoy it if they manage to not get to annoyed with lack of pictures and animations.
I made it to day 17 so far. It definately got easier to learn the characters the longer I played, but that should be expected I guess. And I'm def not against having a lot of characters in the story, I just think them all being introduced in the first day or two was a little too overwhelming and made worse with no visuals. I also specifically went the night club route because I really didn't want to lock myself out of characters right away (or at all really), so I kind of willingly made the read even harder.

So far it's a fun read for sure, the dream secquences can still be a little confusing though and I always prefer a guide or walkthrough to help to see the best preferred kinks available in any game I play.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
It sounds like you're in an open relationship. Monogamy is very strict with regards to fidelity. Any extramarital activities is cheating in monogamy
Believe me, it's not an open relationship. It's monogamy. I knew couples in open relationship, both man and woman could have sex on the side. That's not acceptable for me. My wife can have sex with other women, it's not cheating, cause it's just sex and no dick involved. If I'd be bi, then I'd have sex on the side, just sex and no vagina involved. And, of course, what people call love, it's the feeling that we feel for each other and no one else. In open relationship there's the same rule about love but either one can have sex with opposite hm... sex. And that means that couples in open relationship doomed to fell apart (what I see IRL only approve it). 'Cause sooner or later you or your partner find "better half" that better than current "better half". It's inevitable, only question is when.
What we call sex between participants of the same gender lacks certain components. There's no interchange of hormones so it never be a full experience, more like mutual masturbation. So if my wife finds something in that, why it's cheating? It's not the same sex we have, there's no feeling involved and there can be no consequences like children from that.
And what you say monogamy is looks like something from a preacher. With blind eye to homosexual relations.

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
Believe me, it's not an open relationship. It's monogamy. I knew couples in open relationship, both man and woman could have sex on the side. That's not acceptable for me. My wife can have sex with other women, it's not cheating, cause it's just sex and no dick involved. If I'd be bi, then I'd have sex on the side, just sex and no vagina involved. And, of course, what people call love, it's the feeling that we feel for each other and no one else. In open relationship there's the same rule about love but either one can have sex with opposite hm... sex. And that means that couples in open relationship doomed to fell apart (what I see IRL only approve it). 'Cause sooner or later you or your partner find "better half" that better than current "better half". It's inevitable, only question is when.
What we call sex between participants of the same gender lacks certain components. There's no interchange of hormones so it never be a full experience, more like mutual masturbation. So if my wife finds something in that, why it's cheating? It's not the same sex we have, there's no feeling involved and there can be no consequences like children from that.
And what you say monogamy is looks like something from a preacher. With blind eye to homosexual relations.
You are literally describing an open relationship, just with more rules. How can be letting your wife have sex with other people be considered monogamy? It's the opposite. And no, it doesn't matter if it's a women or a man. Obviously in your case it's not cheating because you don't care BUT it's the definition of an open relationship. You can't be in monogamous relationship while letting your wife be with other people.

Reactions: mickster101

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
I am the last person to comment on relationships, and you seem happy in yours, so you do you and be yourself. But what you describe is not monogamy in any way, and almost sounds like you are being played. Your wife gets to have sex with other women, because she likes it, while you are 'allowed' to do something you don't want to do, sex with men. That is not an equitable system, you are getting nothing while she gets to play all she wants. But again, if this is cool with you go with it. This board is not made up of relationship experts, believe me.

2.00 star(s) 5 Votes