JanisL

Oct 30, 2018
I was getting game crashes with "Out of Memory" errors as well. I poked around in the code and found the problem. By default, Ren'Py will predictively cache up to 8 images to improve game performance when changing scenes. The dev decided to override the default value of 8 and set it to 400. :oops: Once I removed that configuration value, I haven't had any crashes.

I've attached an updated script.rpyc file below. Unzip the file, drop it into the folder labeled "game" and you should be good to go.

EDIT: I believe I fixed the problem with being named "None" or getting the error "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strip'." I've updated the zip file below to include that fix.
so how do I download it?

Xandoren

Oct 17, 2020
I was getting game crashes with "Out of Memory" errors as well. I poked around in the code and found the problem. By default, Ren'Py will predictively cache up to 8 images to improve game performance when changing scenes. The dev decided to override the default value of 8 and set it to 400. :oops: Once I removed that configuration value, I haven't had any crashes.

I've attached an updated script.rpyc file below. Unzip the file, drop it into the folder labeled "game" and you should be good to go.

EDIT: I believe I fixed the problem with being named "None" or getting the error "'NoneType' object has no attribute 'strip'." I've updated the zip file below to include that fix.

EDIT 2: Providing a save with the fixes applied for the end of Day 14. This should start you at the new content. The save will show up on Page 2 slot 5 of your save pages.
Not sure why but it is not letting me download.

Korban, my script.rpyc and script.rpy are under 'game/week01/' folder, shouldn't that be where you put it?

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017

EDIT 2: Providing a save with the fixes applied for the end of Day 14. This should start you at the new content. The save will show up on Page 2 slot 5 of your save pages.
Sadly I can't download the script file (getting network error) every time I try to download :(

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
I can't download it either.
When I click on the file it opens a new tab to the forum's hoempage.
I have instead of downloading opens a page https://f95zone.to
It seems the link isn't working, the URL looks good but we are redirected to https://f95zone.to/ . Could be an issue with f95 servers.
Looks like F95 servers are having issues. I was having that same problem earlier. I tried another thread just now and was able to download an attachment. Seems like it may be an intermittent problem.

EDIT: I opened a ticket, so hopefully it gets fixed soon.

EDIT: Updated fix can be found in this post.

Korban, my script.rpyc and script.rpy are under 'game/week01/' folder, shouldn't that be where you put it?
No, Ren'Py evaluates all rpy and/or rpyc files at runtime so the file location shouldn't be an issue. I tested it on a fresh copy of the game too so I verified it works.

Last edited:

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
I uploaded my fix to my MEGA folder. You can download the fix and a current save file from this link

EDIT: Find an updated fix in this post.

This fixes the "Out of Memory" error and subsequent game crashing and the MC being named "None."

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: damien_sensei

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
From Event Rachel rpy, "nonetype object" has no attribute "strip" Ignorable error only for me ??

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
From Event Rachel rpy, "nonetype object" has no attribute "strip" Ignorable error only for me ??
No, the dev has the same line of incorrect code littered all over his game. I made some fixes in the script.rpy that should knock out the majority of instances of that error, but it still may appear during any scene that is present in the gallery. I think he's using that code so the MC will be named in the replay gallery, but he's implementing it wrong. Just hit ignore and you can move past it.

Reactions: Paapi

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
No, the dev has the same line of incorrect code littered all over his game. I made some fixes in the script.rpy that should knock out the majority of instances of that error, but it still may appear during any scene that is present in the gallery. I think he's using that code so the MC will be named in the replay gallery, but he's implementing it wrong. Just hit ignore and you can move past it.
But my mc's name too changed. Rename mc option needed

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
But my mc's name too changed. Rename mc option needed
Download the fix from the MEGA link I provided, if you haven't already. I added the MC name fix after I uploaded the Out of Memory error fix.

You may have to start from the beginning for it to work. Using an existing save won't set the new MC name variable I defined in my fix. Then either skip the old content or load the save file I provided after you start the game. That should ensure the MC name variable is properly set.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Download the fix from the MEGA link I provided, if you haven't already. I added the MC name fix after I uploaded the Out of Memory error fix.

You may have to start from the beginning for it to work. Using an existing save won't set the new MC name variable I defined in my fix. Then either skip the old content or load the save file I provided after you start the game. That should ensure the MC name variable is properly set.
Even with a fresh install of the game, and deleting the saves and persistent file I had left over in %appdata% , using your mega file and putting the .rpyc file into the 'game' folder, on game start you immediately get this error before any menu shows up:

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label start is defined twice, at
File "game/script.rpyc", line 251 and
File "week01/script.rpyc", line 251.

The label _call_nurse_gina_01 is defined twice, at
File "game/script.rpyc", line 283 and
File "week01/script.rpyc", line 281.

The label splashscreen is defined twice, at
File "game/script.rpyc", line 340 and
File "week01/script.rpyc", line 338.

The label endgame is defined twice, at