gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
So whats the Incest in this, because the MC isn't related to the girls. I also don't see a patch.
No patch needed, the MC's mother is introduced later in the story; they've been banging for years. If you're after this for the corruption/seduction usually associated with the incest fetish, there's not much of that.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I just did a google search. It seems the error you are getting thinks that the name of your MC is blank or 'None'.

Try this,
Start a new fresh game and give you MC a name. Once you get to the front door on the first day home save and close the game. Open the game and load your new save. Does it have your MC's name you gave in this new start?

Also do this without any mods.
I started the game from scratch and named my character. When I resumed from one of my saves from the fresh start, the game renamed my character "None". Not my fault. I'm not going back to the beginning of the game ... AGAIN.

Reactions: JanisL

Xandoren

Oct 17, 2020
I started the game from scratch and named my character. When I resumed from one of my saves from the fresh start, the game renamed my character "None". Not my fault. I'm not going back to the beginning of the game ... AGAIN.
Ok, so that means to persistent file did not delete correctly.

While in renpy delete all saves from main menu and from the auto A saves.
Close Renpy and go to your user data folder and delete all the files there. On a PC it is usually...
C:\Users\Xandoren(or whatever you use to login)\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\53XHomecoming-1573777451
Launch again and try the above name steps

• Thinking Face
Reactions: seamanq

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Since I had some time tonight, I went back through the game and corrected all the incorrect references for the MC name and completely repackaged the game since my earlier fix didn't seem to work for a lot of people. My quick spot tests worked well, so I'm hopeful this will tide people over until an actual fix is released from the developer. You can find PC and Mac versions of the game below.

Sorry Android users, I'm not familiar with porting to those devices, so I can't provide a version for your platform. There is a thread for Android ports so you can request it there and reference this post.

I strongly recommend starting a new game and do not use an existing save.

This should fix the following problems:

• MC named "None"
  • Error: Nonetype object has no attribute strip
  • Error: Out of Memory

Note: I am not the developer of this game, just a fan of the game trying to help out the community.

PC:

Mac:

Last edited:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Ok, so that means to persistent file did not delete correctly.

While in renpy delete all saves from main menu and from the auto A saves.
Close Renpy and go to your user data folder and delete all the files there. On a PC it is usually...
C:\Users\Xandoren(or whatever you use to login)\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\53XHomecoming-1573777451
Launch again and try the above name steps
I call BS. The game is defective. I say this from the perspective of both having developed my own game and having played well over 400 Ren'py games. This is the first and only time I have seen this. And multiple users are reporting the same thing (game resetting name to None). That means there is something unconventional in the way that the names are being saved in the first place. It's not up to me to twinkle my nose, sneeze three times, and sing Mary Had A Little Lamb to try to fix a programming problem in the game.

And thanks to Korben Dallas for attempting a fix. I will try your fix, as it seems you have located the source of the problem.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
I call BS. The game is defective. I say this from the perspective of both having developed my own game and having played well over 400 Ren'py games. This is the first and only time I have seen this. And multiple users are reporting the same thing (game resetting name to None). That means there is something unconventional in the way that the names are being saved in the first place. It's not up to me to twinkle my nose, sneeze three times, and sing Mary Had A Little Lamb to try to fix a programming problem in the game.

And thanks to Korben Dallas for attempting a fix. I will try your fix, as it seems you have located the source of the problem.
He definitely has some problems with his code and that's what I've corrected hopefully. For some reason, he was trying to cache the next 400 images which was eating up everyone's video memory and causing the Out of Memory errors. (Ren'Py default is 8 images) The naming problems were due to assigning the user-defined name to a persistent variable for use in the replay gallery. He implemented it incorrectly and for some odd reason was trying to apply the strip method to the variable at the start of every single scene that appears in the gallery, despite having already applied the method after the user inputs the value. Not sure what he was thinking there.

The biggest complaint that I have is he clearly didn't test his game thoroughly. I'm sure these problems would have been apparent on a playthrough. It was doubly important he do so because he did a pretty massive code overhaul for this release.

• Red Heart
Reactions: seamanq

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
Think I will wait to play this game for a few updates. To many restarts recently and bugs.

fkrfxr

Nov 9, 2019
Really like this one. good story and good looking pics. really liked the does it go up to 11 reference. gives my age away does it not. ok its from Spinal Tap if you are new. thanks for the share

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
He definitely has some problems with his code and that's what I've corrected hopefully. For some reason, he was trying to cache the next 400 images which was eating up everyone's video memory and causing the Out of Memory errors. (Ren'Py default is 8 images) The naming problems were due to assigning the user-defined name to a persistent variable for use in the replay gallery. He implemented it incorrectly and for some odd reason was trying to apply the strip method to the variable at the start of every single scene that appears in the gallery, despite having already applied the method after the user inputs the value. Not sure what he was thinking there.

The biggest complaint that I have is he clearly didn't test his game thoroughly. I'm sure these problems would have been apparent on a playthrough. It was doubly important he do so because he did a pretty massive code overhaul for this release.
I think the dev should definitely appreciate the contribution you have made. My game is straight vanilla for the reason that I know what I don't know, namely the more complicated elements of programming variables and such. Nothing wrong with that of course, especially in a linear VN like mine. Hopefully you can communicate with the dev or they can learn from what you did to fix the errors, because I do like the story overall. It just gets really aggravating when one has to make periodic saves with the expectation that the game will get into an unrecoverable crash.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I think the dev should definitely appreciate the contribution you have made. My game is straight vanilla for the reason that I know what I don't know, namely the more complicated elements of programming variables and such. Nothing wrong with that of course, especially in a linear VN like mine. Hopefully you can communicate with the dev or they can learn from what you did to fix the errors, because I do like the story overall. It just gets really aggravating when one has to make periodic saves with the expectation that the game will get into an unrecoverable crash.
The dev deleted their account on here after the hubbub over the pathing choices in v. 0.0.6.

BUCCO

Feb 20, 2020
I like this game, an interesting story, nicely created girl characters, I like them all, mc is nice, I thank you for the update :p

Shadow255

Mar 17, 2018
Day 2 possible bug - chores no SaraLv+1 - SaraLv+0.1 and after that in renpy editor no valuble for sara love

+ my old save didnt work from previously version after that i play from begining and found day 2 possible bug

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
I didn't encounter any of the problems reported here. This won't
help those who did and as with every product it's always like that.
Some got issues with a product, some don't.

The issue sure as hell will reach the dev's attention and they will look into it.

Another point I am generally pretty favorable towards this VN.

But the sex scene with the step-sister was just bad.
The visuals were great but the scene itself not.
The writing and presentation of it. I don't know.
It was lacking in several departments.

That's something that bothers me way more than any technical issues.

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
Glad that I stumbled upon this game. Story plot is well organised, can't wait to know if MC will be able to save Red and to know who's the mole in FG!

I have my own suspicions that it's within MC's step family!

Vezzeli

Nov 4, 2017
Start new game and found that there is still that problem where MC is called "None". Is there fix for that?

FatBoizSlim

Jan 10, 2020
He definitely has some problems with his code and that's what I've corrected hopefully. For some reason, he was trying to cache the next 400 images which was eating up everyone's video memory and causing the Out of Memory errors.
How much memory does it take lol?

I got 8GB of VRAM. xD

3.30 star(s) 77 Votes