VN Ren'Py Completed A Date With Emily [Final] [RobertDeadth]

4.40 star(s) 20 Votes

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020
Hmm, vanilla. It become increasingly rarer these days.
It's a good thing you start out with a short project too, there are way too many creators who aim for something massive and ambitious right away only to have it rot away in dev hell for several years.

FT0172

Mar 31, 2021
Excellent job, I loved playing this. Finally Big Boobs done right without looking a freak of nature; Emily is a Goddess Thank you!

• Red Heart
Reactions: RobertDeadth

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I generally don't review games early in their development. While you've delivered this game as a complete package, bravo by the way, it is in a sense our introduction to your VN's. I've been told that anything other that a 5 star review actually harms a game's reception, and your game while far better than most doesn't hit that 5 star boundary for me.

So instead I'll provide my feedback here.
It's a lovely game. I'm always a sucker for a love story especially a rekindled relationship where young longings find fruit in the present day. The quality of your work improved throughout the progression of the game, and you rightly should take pride in your progress. A simple story that, while told many times, was well told here. Despite its brevity, I really enjoyed it.

This is an excellent introduction of your work. I look forward to your next effort. I suggest you focus on developing a more nuanced story and experimenting, within the limits of your hardware, with animations.

Best of luck. For what it's worth, in my opinion your first effort has exceeded the repeated efforts of developers with several games out there. Many abandoned BTW. So again kudos to delivering a complete game as a first effort. A rare accomplishment.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Downloaded and only looked in briefly.
Just one thing in advance before I take a closer look at it later.

Please make the transparency of the text box adjustable for the future.
It is always annoying when a black bar covers 1/4 of the pictures, in all situations in life ;)

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Only suggestion: maybe try out to get to animated scenes too - nowadays they are nearly a must-have
A must-have? Yes and no. Good ones make a good game better, but badly done they can ruin the entire experience. Better to wait until you have the hardware and/or skill to pull them off in either Daz or Blender, imo.

Speaking from experience, animations should be the last thing a dev touches on, especially when it comes to Daz. There's still some stuff the dev can improve on (lighting and postwork, specifically. I mean that in the most constructive way possible. They're good and dev clearly already has an eye for what looks good, more experience will do them even better. There was quite a few errors in the renders where dev could've cleaned up stuff in PS/post, though.).

Daz animation sucks, being the biggest reason. Even knowing Daz quite well, you're bound to run into problems animating anything but HJ/BJs and lower end hardware isn't going to help a whole lot. Knowing what your doing in Daz, from lighting to render settings will go a long way toward that. Just my two pennies there.

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
Aw, man. This was great. A short love story. These VN's fill my heart with joy. Emily is so sweet. I love her. She knows what she wants and has no problem saying it. But that doesn't stop her from being sexy, tender and romantic.

Keep bringing more wholesomeness in your future projects!

• Red Heart
Reactions: RobertDeadth

RobertDeadth

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
Oh wow, I just woke up and I'm really happy with the reception the game seems to be getting. I would love to reply individually to every comment but that would be a bit too much probably.

But thank you so much to everyone who commented, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the positive responses (but super happy). I'll try my best to create something better with my next project :)

Reactions: Xeron_Xr

swaghaver9000

Jun 19, 2021
Oh wow, I just woke up and I'm really happy with the reception the game seems to be getting. I would love to reply individually to every comment but that would be a bit too much probably.

But thank you so much to everyone who commented, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the positive responses (but super happy). I'll try my best to create something better with my next project :)
keep emily if you do pls

4.40 star(s) 20 Votes