VN Ren'Py A Father and Daughter [v1.3.3] [ARGOME Studio & Production]

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
A Father and Daughter [v1.3.2] [ARGOME Studio & Production] crunched

Info: I fixed the intro video bug and corrected the UI translation.

Download PC(Win/Linux)/Mac:
- -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

danokyzu

Jul 23, 2018
i hope we can fight the step dad in the future or fuck hes Daughter after he got hes ass beat dang im not gonna hate but i need some jusice xD
props to the dev he tried something new and not the old classic

• Haha
Reactions: V&M

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
wait...what? She tells him everything that happened and the Mc sends her back anyway?
Yup, abusive mom who lies to her daughter that her father abandoned her and later died, abusive step sister who makes her life hell and tells the entire school that she's a slut after almost getting raped by her school mates and abusive step dad who rapes her in her sleep while she's drunk and MC sends her back home after one night.
Unless this is supposed to be an NTR game, in which case that should be communicated this makes absolutely no fucking sense. I really get the feeling that the dev has no idea who he's making this game for. Not to mention it's clearly a badly edited MTL and even ignoring the problems with the content it's contrived and badly written.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Who defined the main audience? The people here? Why is it that every game that comes out, people think is for them? And if the game goes in another direction, is the developer wrong? Who defined this? Is the F95 site only for vanilla people? Who defined this?
And before you criticize me, the game looks like it will have themes that I want to see, so I'll still keep watching. And you who are just criticizing, why are you still here? If there are or will be things that you don't like, why even discuss them? Do you want the developer to change his game to suit your tastes?
Feel like it mostly is that the tags on the game, and the planned tags dont really align with whats present so far. When you see romance and incest you dont really go into that kind of game expecting the female LI to be raped in her backstory. People are very volatile when it comes to the tags on a game, and characters interacting with LIs and theres zero shot a game is developed now adays with a dev being oblivious on how specific scenes will be received.

If its a game about NTR, violence, rape, dark themes people are generally more receptive to those things as long as its known from the start and not added partway through the development.

If its an incest game about romance and getting back into your daughters life those dark scenes are just never going to be received well.

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
Yup, abusive mom who lies to her daughter that her father abandoned her and later died, abusive step sister who makes her life hell and tells the entire school that she's a slut after almost getting raped by her school mates and abusive step dad who rapes her in her sleep while she's drunk and MC sends her back home after one night.
Unless this is supposed to be an NTR game, in which case that should be communicated this makes absolutely no fucking sense. I really get the feeling that the dev has no idea who he's making this game for. Not to mention it's clearly a badly edited MTL and even ignoring the problems with the content it's contrived and badly written.
yeah after all this I think I will just put this into the ignore can. I trust your words more than the other guy who tries to defend it.

some times the devs make mistakes. the options they have is either listen to what they did wrong and fix it, or listen to those whose only advise is "yo dev you do you and don listen to anyone. we will follow you to the cliff and let you jump".

unless the dev makes the game for themselves, they by default have a target audience. the player base.

Sep 19, 2020
You fail to specify who is the target audience of your message, which traditionally means anyone can comment.

Who defined the main audience? The people here?
Since it is advertised on F95 that implies that EVERYONE on F95 who likes the tags is the audience. If the developer only wants a certain audience then they need to put that in the opening description as we lack the ability to read their mind.

Some feel that the dev misrepresented their game and after spending time and money(bandwidth) they have every right to lodge a complaint and ask the dev to either, 'change the game to match the tags' or 'change the tags and description to match the game'. As an example if the dev doesn't want the poor English criticized then they should add to the description "My English is poor as I am not a native speaker" or avoid releasing the title in bad English. Simple really.

To the developer. I have seen other games recieve far worse criticism on first release and after making changes to their game and their description they went on to produce succesful AVN. Best of luck and don't get discouraged.

Last edited:

MrWiki

Donor
Jan 20, 2021
Title and tags got me interested, Then i read the comments what a shame i love games with these tags was hoping for a new good story, The Dev or Uploader should put future tags and or state that it is dark theme type game because when you look at the post it looks just like a nice romance/incest game.

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
When I said "target audience", I was referring to what people think, that every game should be for vanilla players.

all the tags both in genre and title are targeting "vanilla" players. also, vanilla is not as narrow a group as you imply. many "vanillla" players enjoy a wide array of fetishes. EXCEPT the niche ones, which are INDEED specific in what kind of players they are targeted too.

it is about high time devs learn that some tropes are just simply overused and if they want cash to roll to their pockets they better stop putting crap in their games just because some get a hardon in misery.

edit: noticed Hot Springs Academy in your signature and I must thank you for giving me an alternative to the shitshow that has become of WA. proceeded to add it to my favorites (y):love:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I could be wrong, but from what I saw, it was an uploader who put the game here, not the developer (I could be wrong), but if I'm correct, none of what you said applies.
When I said "target audience", I was referring to what people think, that every game should be for vanilla players.
Then go read their itch page, nothing implies it's going to be anything but a vanilla incest story. this is the only thing a non subscriber can see on their patreon " "A Father and Daughter" is an interactive novel for adults, of the fantasy-romance genre. "
There's nothing communicating to the player that this is anything other than a incest romance game. If it's not meant to be then the dev should communicate this. If it is meant to be then the dev should reexamine some of their content and plot choices, because then they're cutting themself off from the core fanbase that they're trying to appeal to. I don't even mind traumatic backstories but the way the dev and the MC handle it is grossly inappropriate, disrespectful to the daughter's trauma and makes the MC look like an actual piece of shit human being.

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
But I asked, who decided that every game posted here is for this audience?
I think I already answered that. the dev desided that by putting the tags. it tis the first group the devs go after. they make it more specific by adding future tags so the people know more and the target narrows. the reason you see this kind of reactions in new games is because content and tags as presented dont go hand in hand.it is simple as that. you see devs on their first post have everything posted properly under genre and a 4 page essey under developers notes, so people know where they jump into. the only questions you will see after that are about avoidable content and about the c..k content not appearing in the form of technically not.

• Angry
Reactions: Fluffy Neko and V&M

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
Not everyone puts all the tags at the beginning (although this is improving), but as I said in a previous comment, it appears that an uploader posted it here, and he may not know which tags will be in the game.
then the fault falls on the uploader. cause people will try the game and in general they dont like surprises or sloppy work. and lets not forget, we have opinions that we want to share. thats about it basically.

hopefully either the uploader or the dev will make an appearance and give us the heads up on what he plans to do with this thing.
I aint holding my breath that he will fix it, I can tell you that.

Reactions: Fluffy Neko

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Man, how difficult is it for people to understand what I mean? Could it be the translator?
I know that the biggest audience is vanilla, I've been here long enough to know that.
But I asked, who decided that every game posted here is for this audience?
I always follow the first comments of each game that is posted here, and it's always the same thing.
I dont understand what you are getting at. We are talking about the tags that are already on this game not matching with the content currently in the game. It has nothing to do with intended audience. People are saying that the tags on this game right now are implying a more vanilla romance when the actual game content seems to be one with dark themes, rape of LIs, and a scumbag MC. That is why people are "mad" because the expectation of the tags+description is nowhere near the experience of the game

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
View attachment 3099427

With that title using Patron, let's see how long it takes to be called "A Landlord and Tenant".

EDIT: oh well reading some posts I guess the title is the least important thing here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyways, if dev lurk f95 good luck.
That's exactly what I thought too (both the name and the "content") is not a rule but when this starts with "the MC has a daughter/wife/girlfriend/sister/mother" from the beginning and it's just the two of them, creativity usually dies and the cheap fanservice begins, let's hope that's not the case.

Sep 19, 2020
Your argument falls apart if you can't provide evidence that we are not the target audience. I have gone to the developer's website and Zemax the up loader appears to have included all relevant materiel. Please provide a link supporting your claim so that Zemax can add this information. Otherwise your complaint is baseless.

I could be wrong, but from what I saw, it was an uploader who put the game here, not the developer (I could be wrong), but if I'm correct, none of what you said applies.

Sep 19, 2020
I think you are right.

Someone made unsupported accusations attacking people. When shown they are mistaken they removed everything they posted showing they were wrong. Then they left a final message that's the equivalent of screaming "You guys are a bunch of cry babys!!!", as they ran away with there fingers in their ears screaming "I can't hear you!!!"

I'll leave it to the readers to figure out who you were referring too when you wrote someone is "standing there crying".

Good luck.

I did better, I deleted all the comments here, I will follow the development on the developer's discord. And leave these people crying here, for something they can't change and can't deal with. I'll come back in the future to see if the annoying ones have left. Good luck to whoever stands there crying.

Last edited:

The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021
I think you are right.

Someone made unsupported accusations attacking people. When shown they are mistaken they removed everything they posted showing they were wrong. Then they left a final message that's the equivalent of screaming "You guys are a bunch of cry babys!!!", as they ran away with there fingers in their ears screaming "I can't hear you!!!"

I'll leave it to the readers to figure out who you were referring too when you wrote someone is "standing there crying".

Good luck.
But the annoying one just left, so what's left to come back to for him?

1.50 star(s) 2 Votes