VN Ren'Py A Father's Sins - Going to Hell [Ch. 10 Public] [Pixieblink]

2.40 star(s) 8 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
We are gettting off topic now, but this is objectively not true. Its all public information. The game was released on here July 22nd. He hit a high of 222 subscribers on July 31st, Dropped to 205 August 1st and currently has 205. At BEST it it helped bring him back up from his lul of 175 on July 4th because He had 217 patreons in April. And has fluctuated between 175 and 220 for the last 6 months.
First of all, this doesn't disprove what I said. Literally his numbers increased since releasing this game. I never said there was a steady climb in numbers. Is this game the reason? It's fair to say it wouldn't seem like it, based on the numbers you've posted.

I do find it interesting that you conveniently avoid addressing the actual point I was making: "no, censoring does not seem to be hampering his gain in supporters". Moving the goalposts by pretending I was arguing something I wasn't doesn't change anything. It only proves that I looked at too small of a snippet of his patron history. In order to disprove my point, you would have to show a steady decrease in supporters, which you can't.

The overall point I would make is that if you have a problem with this, that's your choice. But trying to make claims like how he goes about it will somehow hurt his numbers has been unsuccessful. The patrons he has clearly are fine with what he's been doing in general, or there would be a sharp drop-off. Having a second game with the sex he couldn't force into the original game doesn't seem to be something his supporters appear to mind at all.

If you're trying to convince me that you'd support him if his unpatched release were uncensored, I'm sorry but I don't believe you. If you're not trying to say that, then while getting something for free — that you never intend to pay to support — you gripe about it not being the way you prefer. Oh, well. We don't always get what we want from life.

Reactions: WaltS

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
We are gettting off topic now, but this is objectively not true. Its all public information. The game was released on here July 22nd. He hit a high of 222 subscribers on July 31st, Dropped to 205 August 1st and currently has 205. At BEST it it helped bring him back up from his lul of 175 on July 4th because He had 217 patreons in April. And has fluctuated between 175 and 220 for the last 6 months.
Thus proving... what?

I wish things really were that simple.
You have include the stats for both games because they're tied in together and packaged as a bundle. And go back to the launch of AFAS for the numbers to have any meaning.

You really think I would do it if it wasn't necessary? It IS a lot of extra work, not to mention listening to people scream at me all the time because I frustrated their fap by asking them to support the game with a little push in the right direction.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
You really think I would do it if it wasn't necessary? It IS a lot of extra work, not to mention listening to people scream at me all the time because I frustrated their fap by asking them to support the game with a little push in the right direction.
Again, its way off topic now but as you are the dev I'll respond. Can you name a single successful dev of adult games that releases a censored version of the game? I dont mean incest patchy stuff, I mean that deliberately censors content in an effort to force people to sign up to see the real stuff.

I've said repeatedly, and not just to you but in multiple different game threads that without sites like F95 to draw in people 99.99% of adult game devs would get zero subscribers, there just isnt a viable method to show off games like this and making shit harder on the people you are trying to get to subscribe is a really good way for them to just ignore the product. When a game hits the updates page, I look for two things mosaic censorship / censorship and if there is an NTR tag, if either of those are present its just ignored for me. And honestly if I dont catch a game on the updates page there is a near zero chance I go back through and find games I havent played yet. Doing things like releasing a patch after 10 days just means people like me will never see that patch, I'm not bookmarking every single game to try later it would be a hundred bookmarks. It just means that your game is ignored because every update that I see, I still see censored and it immediately gets ignored.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
well just did. just some funnies.

although paths are "bit" mixed since even on contract path sandra is mentioned.

Pixieblink is above right or bug?
Well, in these alternates, Sandra is still around. It's just that more time has passed on her solo path: hundreds of days, as the montage showed. So she still has her store in both scenarios. Getting clothes from her would be the standard, I think. It doesn't seem like Danny would have any reason to go elsewhere really. What struck you as odd about a mention of her in both?

As for the no-contract path, that's right: there's nothing new but the one scene at Sandra's store. I just found it kind of sad that Sandra gets screwed no matter what: business is failing, she agrees to what's certainly a bad contract with Danny, or she gets consumed and becomes a wendigo. She just can't catch a break. :cry:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well on contract path mc tells to danny not try bypass him via sandra.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Again, its way off topic now but as you are the dev I'll respond. Can you name a single successful dev of adult games that releases a censored version of the game? I dont mean incest patchy stuff, I mean that deliberately censors content in an effort to force people to sign up to see the real stuff.

I've said repeatedly, and not just to you but in multiple different game threads that without sites like F95 to draw in people 99.99% of adult game devs would get zero subscribers, there just isnt a viable method to show off games like this and making shit harder on the people you are trying to get to subscribe is a really good way for them to just ignore the product. When a game hits the updates page, I look for two things mosaic censorship / censorship and if there is an NTR tag, if either of those are present its just ignored for me. And honestly if I dont catch a game on the updates page there is a near zero chance I go back through and find games I havent played yet. Doing things like releasing a patch after 10 days just means people like me will never see that patch, I'm not bookmarking every single game to try later it would be a hundred bookmarks. It just means that your game is ignored because every update that I see, I still see censored and it immediately gets ignored.
There is quite a bit of truth to that.
It's not a perfect solution, it's a double edged sword. Not everywhere mind you, but certainly on pirate boards.

Can I name any censored / upsell / pay for bonus DLC content/scenes? You're kidding, right?
Almost all of them? The top revenue generating ones. Feel free to look it up.

Free to play - and then pay pay pay to unlock bonus content/scenes/game perks
is the usual way to go.

Limiting players who are unwilling or unable to afford the "upgrades". How is that not a censoring a game?
And it isn't just being applied to AVN's, but to a lot of mainstream games also.

Whether they're adult or not, the revenue models are all the same. In this case the Adult VN's are simply lagging behind but the writing is on the wall. Look at how even Renp'y is working on integrating web based games.

What do you think the reason behind that is? Sure, it's not the only reason. But it is part of it.

And TECHNICALLY (damn, I'm going to sound like a fucking lawyer now) the censorship tag is supposed to apply to a game with the ALL the genitalia blurred out. Not the occasional nag-screen that pops up.

Not exactly relevant, but not irrelevant either.

In any case, thanks for the post. It raises some good points.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
well just did. just some funnies.

although paths are "bit" mixed since even on contract path sandra is mentioned.

Pixieblink is above right or bug?
Not sure, I THINK it was in the initial release but I fixed it later on.
But I will certainly double check it before the next release.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Can I name any censored / upsell / pay for bonus DLC content/scenes? You're kidding, right?
Almost all of them? The top revenue generating ones. Feel free to look it up.
Feel like that is a little dishonest with what you are doing comparing releasing censored content to dlc but fair enough if that is how you view it.

And Ive looked through the top 20 adult creators on patreon and havent seen one that leaks a censored version. There are a few that do free releases of previous updates and a few that have a demo that you can play the first chapter. But I cant find one that just leaks a subpar version to advertise with.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Feel like that is a little dishonest with what you are doing comparing releasing censored content to dlc but fair enough if that is how you view it.

And Ive looked through the top 20 adult creators on patreon and havent seen one that leaks a censored version. There are a few that do free releases of previous updates and a few that have a demo that you can play the first chapter. But I cant find one that just leaks a subpar version to advertise with.
He didn't say those games were censored, but that almost all of them are either paywalled or include a DLC, so you can't see all the sexy bits unless you pay for them or pirate the game. Meanwhile, he releases the game for free but censored for a couple of weeks -and then provides the nag patch for those interested. It's not really different from those other devs who release older chapters as a public version while keeping the latest update behind the paywall (you could argue it's even a better deal since you get all the story anyway), but for some reason people perceive it way differently - maybe because they are bluntly reminded this is a business after all and they are being 'encouraged' to pay for it, something people have aversion to.

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019

I understand what you are saying, and can respect it.
And yes, afiak I'm the only one that does it.

I would point out that the top 10 grossing AVN's on Patreon rank nowhere near the top games on Steam. Patreon certainly comes out looking like a poor cousin when you compare the two.

And that doesn't take into account all the games that process their sales "in-house".

And imo a demo version has got to be the heaviest censorship of all. You don't even get a chance to really play the game at all. The only reason people don't raise hell over it is because they're used it.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

tom@sawyer

Oct 1, 2023
I don't know. Because I felt like it?

Why are you all pissed off that I decided to handle things this way?
Download it / play it / like it / hate it.

As you say... easy peasey.
Because, as was said. The time and effort put into this, is pointless. When you should use that time and effort on the game you are currently making. This is why there are so many abandoned tags. Everyones waiting on the new release. And your off making something else entirely. No wonder their are months between releases. This comment is not exclusively about you. It seems to be everyone. Like the holiday specials I see so often. Fuck that, just make content for the game. All that waisted energy that could be spent on that actual game.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
very few avn makers are millionaires and doubt any are billionaires (not even scamstor yet).

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Lol.

I still think he would make a good character in a game. Like a rambling crazy homeless guy that lives in an alley, pissed off at the entire world. Would be funny.
We probably haven't seen the last of him. He seems like one of those "If I just repeat it often enough it will make it true" kind of people.

I think I may have dated his mother once...

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Lol.

I still think he would make a good character in a game. Like a rambling crazy homeless guy that lives in an alley, pissed off at the entire world. Would be funny.
Isn't there already a game like that?

Pixieblink

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Jul 13, 2019
Isn't there already a game like that?
No shit!? WTF?

That looks funny as hell, I've got to try that out!
As soon as I get caught up with the latest Going to Hell release (which is running a couple of days behind schedule).

2.40 star(s) 8 Votes