3.40 star(s) 31 Votes

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
I still enjoy this game and feel bad for the Dev that this game hasn't caught on for him like most others that are far worse but if you go into the game knowing Unity is just horrible then you won't be disappointed, the renders and models are great, my only complaint is the save option, not being able to save a scene in the beginning to check other options later is my only complaint.
You're right you cannot save the scene (or Storyline step) before it's start, but can always replay it, as many times you want. Simply after playing it the first time, find it in the storyline details (lower left panel) and click the replay icon.
Hope this help.

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Do u use the extra enabler for the game?
Had the same problem, but after reloading the game with original dll-file it worked fine for me.
i do have the extra enabler in there ill try it without and see if that works thanks for reply
AN INFO FOR ALL:
Please don't use the "extra enabler" patch since it was release for the previous version. I changed a lot in the game engine and so it will not work with the last release.

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
I can't go through modals. When it appears and disappears game does not react on any interactions. Fuck unity.
@china_ski please try the game without the "extra enabler". Seeing other players posts I think that should be the problem with the modals.
Those are part of the last develops I made to the game engine. That patch is not aligned so that it can cause troubles.
Please let me kow if everything starts working.

U

User_32285

Without the convoluted UI and HS mechanics this would be a masterpiece.

/edit/ Got to nuance myself a little bit, the UI is decent and will get better with time.

I am still not a fan of the HS mechanic, maybe it's my brain It's just about capable to follow the sexy graphics and text, having to dedicate a part for the HS breaks the emersion for me.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Ch. 6 part 1
Extras enabler.
If there's any updates to the game quote this post for me to update the enabler.

Go to your \HappyMarriage_Data\Managed\ folder
Extract and replace with the file inside the zip.

Reactions: cerebotio2

cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
the game would be better served by a move to ren'py
than whatever the dev is trying to do with unity
unity is for anything but fap games
goes double for unreal rpgm and whatever else is around the days

Reactions: CeramicToaD

bing6541

Jul 24, 2018
Need some guidance...

The main menu progress screen shows Base 100% completed for the first six Chapters, Extras 0% completed for "Preparations Needed" and "Evenings and Mornings." I've installed the Extras Enabler a few posts above this one. Running a Mac.

On the new interface, I can't do anything. Under the two storylines available, I've completed all of the first one (Narration), with the last one completed being "Jenny wishes a good day to Jim." The game tells me "Finally the day of the dinner party at Winthorpe's house has arrived. Jenny and Jim are the main guests..." The location highlighted on the map is Jim/Jenny's house. Nothing happens when I click on it. Nothing happens when I click on Winthorpe's house either.

Under the second storyline (Swinging, Cheating, or Hotwife), I've completed all of the items listed. The last one listed is "Jenny's Second Photoshoot." The game tells me "You need to play more to unlock the next step in this storyline." I replay "Jenny's Second Photoshoot" and get kicked back to the new interface screen, still being told "You need to play more..." Jim/Jenny's house is highlighted. I click on it and nothing happens.

Have I gone as far as I can and need to wait for the next update? Any way I can get the extra scenes to load?

Computergod67

Oct 9, 2018
Need some guidance...

The main menu progress screen shows Base 100% completed for the first six Chapters, Extras 0% completed for "Preparations Needed" and "Evenings and Mornings." I've installed the Extras Enabler a few posts above this one. Running a Mac.

On the new interface, I can't do anything. Under the two storylines available, I've completed all of the first one (Narration), with the last one completed being "Jenny wishes a good day to Jim." The game tells me "Finally the day of the dinner party at Winthorpe's house has arrived. Jenny and Jim are the main guests..." The location highlighted on the map is Jim/Jenny's house. Nothing happens when I click on it. Nothing happens when I click on Winthorpe's house either.

Under the second storyline (Swinging, Cheating, or Hotwife), I've completed all of the items listed. The last one listed is "Jenny's Second Photoshoot." The game tells me "You need to play more to unlock the next step in this storyline." I replay "Jenny's Second Photoshoot" and get kicked back to the new interface screen, still being told "You need to play more..." Jim/Jenny's house is highlighted. I click on it and nothing happens.

Have I gone as far as I can and need to wait for the next update? Any way I can get the extra scenes to load?

If i'm reading this right you have yellow highlighted areas and you are trying to click on them? if that's the case you can't do it like that you have to drag the characters friom the bottom to the corresponding story, the character themselves will have little stories above them to let you know who to drag and drop.

bing6541

Jul 24, 2018
If i'm reading this right you have yellow highlighted areas and you are trying to click on them? if that's the case you can't do it like that you have to drag the characters friom the bottom to the corresponding story, the character themselves will have little stories above them to let you know who to drag and drop.
Thanks. When I reloaded the game, I also lost a lot of progress, which was odd. Having to replay some scenes now.

bing6541

Jul 24, 2018
Completed 100% and can go no further. So it would appear I'm caught up. Unfortunately, the Extras didn't activate for Chapters 5 and 6.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
I loved Claire in this latest episode !

While I always wanted to cuck the male MC (Jim) cause its nice to finally cuck a black dude and get his wife taken away, I am always having Jenny cheat with white guys and women...Was dreading ch6 cause ugly ass Winthorpe was going to get to fuck Jenny... however Clair cock-blocking him in my route and taking the hit to save Jenny was AWESOME !! Well done dev !!

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
You're right you cannot save the scene (or Storyline step) before it's start, but can always replay it, as many times you want. Simply after playing it the first time, find it in the storyline details (lower left panel) and click the replay icon.
Hope this help.
This doesnt always work for some cases... luckily the latest download gave me 100% on all previous ch/ep ... cause replaying the scene when Jim and Jenny meet at home after the first photoshoot for Jenny and footjob for Jim at office... depending on choices before (done during phone call) you can either get a Jim/Jenny sex scene, or nothing... no matter how many times you replay it that scene, you can never unlock both, dont know why, maybe a save in the appdata folder is preventing it or who knows... I chalk it up to Unity...

Tecton

May 25, 2017
Can't get all the CG in the Doctor's Visit. Stuck at 57, and the only option I haven't done is Decline Offer...which does nothing when I click it.

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
This doesnt always work for some cases... luckily the latest download gave me 100% on all previous ch/ep ... cause replaying the scene when Jim and Jenny meet at home after the first photoshoot for Jenny and footjob for Jim at office... depending on choices before (done during phone call) you can either get a Jim/Jenny sex scene, or nothing... no matter how many times you replay it that scene, you can never unlock both, dont know why, maybe a save in the appdata folder is preventing it or who knows... I chalk it up to Unity...
Since the release and various player comments, I'm digging the code to find the problem. It's probably something related to an incorrect way of passing variables values from one step to the others. I'll double check on this.

On more note
I see so many complaints about Unity (often with respect to Ren'py).
For my part and for the matter of Happy Marriage, I must say that if something is wrong in the game is MY fault and not Unity's one. I'm a long time programmer and I can assure you all that Unity is a lovely platform to develop games with.
One great rule that all programmers know is: "when there's bug in an program, then ask the programmer".
So, I'm sorry and apologize for any bug or malfunction in the game and I thank you all for playing it anyway and taking time to communicate the bugs.
But please, dig the infos on the web and evaluate better Unity as a Game Development Platform.

My two cents. :)

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes