3.40 star(s) 31 Votes

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
The game is already in "compressed" mode. Every CG is compressed inside the game. The fact is that there are many CGs.
And that's way the release is "incremental" so that, if you keep the game on your hard disk from release to release, you'll download each time only the new contents.
Does that mean I don't need to download 1.08 when it's released, since I already have 1.07? I just need to update the chapters ingame?

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Does that mean I don't need to download 1.08 when it's released, since I already have 1.07? I just need to update the chapters ingame?
Not exactly. When 1.08 will be released you need to download it and unpack it in the game folder. My work is to include in each release only the new contents and game updates. So if you keep the game folder, you'll be sure that the download of the new release will contain only "new stuff".

velin

Jul 20, 2017
Chapter 1 - I drag fimale icon to the doctor studio and press play and nothing?

"you cannot playthis step since it appears you dont have the chapter assets" what should I do?

LazingInTheHaze

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2017
Chapter 1 - I drag fimale icon to the doctor studio and press play and nothing?

"you cannot playthis step since it appears you dont have the chapter assets" what should I do?
Go back to the main screen. You'll find that Chapter 1 has a red attention icon on it. Simply click on the chapter title and confirm the download. Wait until the red icon becomes a green checkmark. At the time, you'll be able to play the Chapter 1 (or start a new game as I presume you did).
Same thing for all the other chapters with the attention red icon.

Nightwing94

May 1, 2017
How do you get the last 2 storylines/paths. Im missing the last 2 storylines on the right hand side both are marked with ?. Ine of them i think involves being invited onto a yatch

yoda123

Mar 18, 2018
I tried this a few updates ago, but I just couldn't cope with the Engrish. Is it still the same in that regard or has it improved?

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
Hi. Did you start from a saved game or you simply clicked on Chapter title to start it?
Anyway, based on the current game state (coming from a saved game or starting the chapter from scratch) you should see the playable locations in the map in Yellow and shining. The storylines that contain a playable step have their icon shining. The characters who have playable steps have their icon with a small "thinking" icon. If you click on the character you will see his/her mood and feeling, from which you can simply understand where to place the character.

If you need more help, don't hesitate to PM me.
Yes but the problem is even if I choose CH7, I can still trigger older scenes in older chapter by mistake (by wrong combination of character), so it's hard to distinguish what's the the event to start CH7. BTW my last save is the 2nd scene with Jenny and the Taxi Driver in the elevator and I stopped at it, but I want to skip scenes after that because I am only in Jenny's path toying with other guys so I started from CH7 right away but I'm having trouble how to start CH7, can't you just tell me what event (for ex. My prey) what place and what characters to start and I'm confident that I can continue it from there even without walkthrough

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
Wait so... If I want to replay the content from the previous chapters I have to use the In-game downloader?

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
So here is the deal.. I obviously unlocked the lesbian love path.. And when I went to the park with Jessica I read all the dialogues, not skipping anything Jenny just rejects her and goes to talk with The doc and her gf.. I than see it was only like 64% complete so I do it again.. And I skip immidietly and get a sex scene between doc and her gf with no Jenny to be found. Now I have 84%.. How do I acess the rest of the content

BloodyA

Jan 5, 2019
Tbh never liked all that hotwife/cheating/swinging theme (and mostly avoided it) because most of the time it was about people who lost most of affection for each other and blatantly cheat left and right or even worse (like ntr, cucking and similar stuff). Saw that this game have hotwife/cheating/swinging bars and decided to try (cause swinging is pretty fun).
Premise was good (their need to spice up their sex life are all over), part there said bars was in play was a bit strained but controlled and interesting to watch. Too bad that after that all your previous illusion of control in this story poofed and it became standard slut&manwhore adventures... as someone said a couple a pages before: Jenny mostly sleeps with any decently looking person around her (in her case even gender doesn't matter) and Jim is doing basically the same (at least he does only girls) while using his own wife to "work" on his competition.
After that "Confused" chapter appeared and second in whole story sensible talk about their (Jen and Jim) life took place, after that i got some hope that something will change (or at least player will have a choice to change something) aaand.... got that hope totally destroyed because to resolve the confusion Jenny just needed to be politely "hit on" by absolutely random guy and to remember how Giovanni fucked her. And after confusion was lifted she fucks with Giovanni again... no calls to Jim about all this, not even a thought about including him (like foursome or something). So basically her answer to herself was that she likes to be a slut. After that episode with Jess's confession and talk about her love for Jim with the guy who just wants to fuck her ass was as cringey as it was hypocritical. It's not like Jim is better, he is almost no better than Winthrop in his manipulation and abuse. So as i said before we have slut and manwhore duo as husband and wife, at that point of story only redeemable character is Claire (at least her motivation and deeds are not that fucked up as others).
It wasn't all that bad if no one talked about love and caring for each other, but it all over the story. As story's cannon looks so far (for a game called "Happy marriage") marriage part is already gone, or to be precise it is badly drawn farce. At least there is still "happy" part intact, although if things continue to escalate as it is right now "happy" be gone for both of them (Jim and Jen) because they certainly getting carried away with their new "experience".
PS. I think this game badly needs tag "kinetic novel", because player basically have no control over course of action and even if you avoided something (like Jen's sex wit taxi driver) story still unfolds as if they fucked (just one example of story being ignorant to players choices).
PPS. Tbh i had hopes that at least this game will get the story about people losing passion for each other over the course of their life and trying things outside family right, without them degrading to their primal instincts and forgetting each other in this process. It works in real life ( i can tell, from experience), yes from sell point i guess it would be easier to interest player in story about non stop roulette of fucking but it can be interesting even if we don't see a new partner for fucking every in game update.

Computergod67

Oct 9, 2018
Tbh never liked all that hotwife/cheating/swinging theme (and mostly avoided it) because most of the time it was about people who lost most of affection for each other and blatantly cheat left and right or even worse (like ntr, cucking and similar stuff). Saw that this game have hotwife/cheating/swinging bars and decided to try (cause swinging is pretty fun).
Premise was good (their need to spice up their sex life are all over), part there said bars was in play was a bit strained but controlled and interesting to watch. Too bad that after that all your previous illusion of control in this story poofed and it became standard slut&manwhore adventures... as someone said a couple a pages before: Jenny mostly sleeps with any decently looking person around her (in her case even gender doesn't matter) and Jim is doing basically the same (at least he does only girls) while using his own wife to "work" on his competition.
After that "Confused" chapter appeared and second in whole story sensible talk about their (Jen and Jim) life took place, after that i got some hope that something will change (or at least player will have a choice to change something) aaand.... got that hope totally destroyed because to resolve the confusion Jenny just needed to be politely "hit on" by absolutely random guy and to remember how Giovanni fucked her. And after confusion was lifted she fucks with Giovanni again... no calls to Jim about all this, not even a thought about including him (like foursome or something). So basically her answer to herself was that she likes to be a slut. After that episode with Jess's confession and talk about her love for Jim with the guy who just wants to fuck her ass was as cringey as it was hypocritical. It's not like Jim is better, he is almost no better than Winthrop in his manipulation and abuse. So as i said before we have slut and manwhore duo as husband and wife, at that point of story only redeemable character is Claire (at least her motivation and deeds are not that fucked up as others).
It wasn't all that bad if no one talked about love and caring for each other, but it all over the story. As story's cannon looks so far (for a game called "Happy marriage") marriage part is already gone, or to be precise it is badly drawn farce. At least there is still "happy" part intact, although if things continue to escalate as it is right now "happy" be gone for both of them (Jim and Jen) because they certainly getting carried away with their new "experience".
PS. I think this game badly needs tag "kinetic novel", because player basically have no control over course of action and even if you avoided something (like Jen's sex wit taxi driver) story still unfolds as if they fucked (just one example of story being ignorant to players choices).
PPS. Tbh i had hopes that at least this game will get the story about people losing passion for each other over the course of their life and trying things outside family right, without them degrading to their primal instincts and forgetting each other in this process. It works in real life ( i can tell, from experience), yes from sell point i guess it would be easier to interest player in story about non stop roulette of fucking but it can be interesting even if we don't see a new partner for fucking every in game update.
Yep i had high hopes too for this one.. But it seems it will be like Adventurous Couple before the revamp. No matter what choice you make or path you take it still ends up cheating.. It's a shame!

Reactions: rusar and Koulo077

Marine1952

May 13, 2017
Need some help. I have played many times and followed the walkthrough but on chapters 6 and 7 this is the best I can do. Also are there any bonus picks for chapter 5?

Reactions: asd33asd33

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
Anyone else feeling the pain of really wanting to play this game, but the chapters system is just too much to bear?
well it's somewhat clunky but it's still pretty decent. Considering it's Unity.
The save load system, makes all the negatives bearable for me

numanumani

Jan 9, 2018
This game does not appear to be working as it should on Macs. When started it initializes and then says that the installation is missing some files, offering to download them from the cdn if you click the buttons marked with the red exclamation marks (all chapters have them).

If you do so it downloads the chapter and puts a ch0#-file into the Happy Marriage Publish MacOS.app/Chapters-folder but it also creates a new folder next to the .app called "Happy Marriage Publish MacOS.app\Chapters". That folder is empty and note the peculiar backslash, Macs do not use backslashes as path dividers they use forward slash, so that's looks like a sign that something is wrong.

Anyway, if you try to start the chapter you just downloaded it works, until you quit and start the game again, whereupon the game claims that the files are missing and that it needs to download said files anew.

Reactions: ambiti

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
New version just crashes for me (an unexpected error has occured). Is this a save game issue? Do I need to restart?

I really don't get why the dev made his game so utterly confusing. It really makes no sense.

Last edited:

Matoyoshi

Nov 27, 2018
Ok, So I downloaded it for the first time and...it only gave me chapter 1 and chapter 8? Can't play anything else.

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes