Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm just glad we finally get to share some pleasure with Lyriel at last. With Cait at least there are as many scenes of us pleasuring her as there are of her pleasing us, but with Lyriel things were entirely one-sided up until now. Not that I don't want to go further with Cait of course, but for me personally Lyriel needed it more than Cait despite Cait waiting for longer.

The1andonly

Jan 3, 2019
So I do not know if Zanith sees all main cast girls as equal or not, but I do think there is a clear hierarchy between the girls in terms of content. And I think it is better this way. It makes a lot more sense to me that Rae, who has been there since day one would be a lot closer with MC than an orc lady.
I love this game. No other game gave me this serene-bittersweet feeling as much as this one. But the story seems to be moving INCREDIBLY slow. I understand Zanith, there are hundreds of events for Rae but Yona has been just released so he wants to continue working on Yona and Lyriel. Also introducing Yona before Lyriel's main story arc was finished(or at least before her cherry was popped) was a mistake imo.
The last thing to happen story wise was bringing the pool to the house(it's a minor story point if at all) and before that? I can't honestly remember.
Bottom line, I love this game with all my heart, I just wish the story would atleast crawl forward. Maybe bigger but less frequent updates? I fell in love with this game because of the story and the feeling it gives me. Being in ether but also finding comfort in an unlikely group of friends. Rae showing vulnerability, Cait and Naomi's incredible friendship, Rae and Lyriel's fun banter. We have not been getting enough of those.

Hisakatana

May 31, 2020
I understand Zanith, there are hundreds of events for Rae but Yona has been just released so he wants to continue working on Yona and Lyriel. Also introducing Yona before Lyriel's main story arc was finished(or at least before her cherry was popped) was a mistake imo.
If the game is going to have multiple girls, it's better for the player to encounter them sooner rather than later. Since each girl is being introduced in a set order, requiring you to "complete" one girl's content to see the next one instead of seeing what girls are in the house and pursuing your favorites first can put off a lot of players. Unless of course you just mean you wanted Lyriel's content quicker and having Yona added delayed it, but that's just personal preference. Other players may have appreciated a new girl.

The last thing to happen story wise was bringing the pool to the house(it's a minor story point if at all) and before that? I can't honestly remember.
Bottom line, I love this game with all my heart, I just wish the story would atleast crawl forward. Maybe bigger but less frequent updates? I fell in love with this game because of the story and the feeling it gives me. Being in ether but also finding comfort in an unlikely group of friends. Rae showing vulnerability, Cait and Naomi's incredible friendship, Rae and Lyriel's fun banter. We have not been getting enough of those.
I actually agree that while this game has a fantastic amount of side content, the main story is moving rather slowly. What is there has been great, I just wish we had more of it, or at least more content with multiple girls interacting with each other. Interactions between multiple girls, which I love, IS trickier to work into these types of games however. Keep in mind every time a girl has character growth, it may require scenes to be locked until said growth, or two scenes made for pre and post growth. With multiple girls this issue compounds. While you can generally control this by having additional trigger requirements, it does make things trickier by having to remember every possible game state that may need those triggers. Granted a more linear story where you do most of one girl's content before the next is introduced (like you stated previously) actually is one possible solution to this, but like I said a lot of players hate that restriction. Absolutely would love to see more main story and interaction between multiple girls, though.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Honestly my only complaint about this game is that the way the actual gameplay is structured has it devolving into a trigger hunt. What I mean by this is that whilst the story is good it does not convey well what you need to do next. And the triggers for that are very specific as well.

This all combines to create quite a lot of situations where there is no intuitive way to guess what you need to do to progress with a girl. I mean, how do you guess you need to talk to X on day Y while she is in room Z? So the in game walkthrough that is the phone becomes an essential part of playing. And that just completely breaks the immersion as you'd expect.

I think the dev should consider some more immersive way to get those hints across. Either by making the triggers more intuitive or by adding more "in character" notifications to the player such as dialogue, internal monologue etc.

Reactions: Mokoloko

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Honestly I don't really care about the main story all that much. Rae said that it will take years to learn to undo the bindings to the house, and I'm fine with that. We have a group of gorgeous girls to get to know and while I trust that Zanith will make the main story interesting, I'm not in any hurry.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
I am interested in main story and I look forward to seeing how things develop on girl’s arcs.

However, I found Zanith approach very nice. When we get new girl, new room, anything new. Zanith fill it with content thoroughly. I feel House in the Rift are lively place that way.

A lot of sandbox games feel like universe of placeholders, where you get some scene from time to time, but aHiR not. The adverse side of this diligent approach is, that story progress was slower.

With all girls in the house (if dwarf question don change) we can move forward with quicker pace now so it will not be such problem anymore.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Dwarf... now that's intriguing. I wonder how that would play out. I mean, all the Dwarf stereotypes (aside from the beard) are already embodied in everyone's favorite pirate. Definitively interested.

Crimx42

Jul 7, 2017
Dwarf... now that's intriguing. I wonder how that would play out. I mean, all the Dwarf stereotypes (aside from the beard) are already embodied in everyone's favorite pirate. Definitively interested.
How about she's outwardly all those things, but when you start getting closer to her she becomes shy and hysterical like Lyriel

Honestly, I know I rated Naomi rather low because I'm not interested in the 'mother' dynamic that her sex scenes are about.
(Which makes things even more annoying with her because she also rejects the dynamic)

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
From the one blurb I saw, it would be "tinker who really gets into toys"

Renart

Sep 12, 2020
Honestly I don't really care about the main story all that much. Rae said that it will take years to learn to undo the bindings to the house, and I'm fine with that. We have a group of gorgeous girls to get to know and while I trust that Zanith will make the main story interesting, I'm not in any hurry.
Yes, I was happy when I heard that, I genuinely want to spend years trapped with the girls I like(I usually only focus on one per playthrough), the more romance the better. Plus Rae seems to be somewhat stuck on the idea that she must fulfill some sort of duty or whatever, but the MC has obviously great power as she herself has said and once he learns to control it I doubt even circumstance would be enough to force her to do anything if the MC has anything to say about it.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Personally I'm somewhat hoping that Rae's story will involve her deciding to bind herself to him like a familiar, it would be an interesting twist on the traditional story of the sorcerer who deliberately summons a demon and forces them to become one.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
Can someone refresh my memory on something? I saw someone mention that out of all the girls the only MC has kissed is Rae but I honestly don't remember that ever happening. Does anyone know when it happened or was it one of the scenes introduced in the early part of the game much later in an update?

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
Can someone refresh my memory on something? I saw someone mention that out of all the girls the only MC has kissed is Rae but I honestly don't remember that ever happening. Does anyone know when it happened or was it one of the scenes introduced in the early part of the game much later in an update?
its not happen.Even i dont remember when the heck that happen.:unsure:

Nitro-Core

Apr 23, 2020
You can kiss her during the Movie Night event. I can't remember if its happened during any of the other events, though...

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
We kiss her at the end of the event where we meet her mentor, and repeatedly on her trust route. Like, in pretty much every event on her trust route. A goodnight kiss after some of her movie night scenes. And in the space dream, if you count that.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
You can kiss her during the Movie Night event. I can't remember if its happened during any of the other events, though...
We kiss her at the end of the event where we meet her mentor, and repeatedly on her trust route. Like, in pretty much every event on her trust route. A goodnight kiss after some of her movie night scenes. And in the space dream, if you count that.
This is odd as I never got the option to kiss her not once during in any events either after meeting her mentor or during the movie night scenes. Was this something that was added much later after they were initially done?

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
This is odd as I never got the option to kiss her not once during in any events either after meeting her mentor or during the movie night scenes. Was this something that was added much later after they were initially done?
There are no choice like "Kiss Her", they kiss automatically at the end of certain dialogs.

Reactions: Master of Puppets
4.70 star(s) 319 Votes