ciderapple

May 29, 2017
In a game that, to me, seems to be largely built around the characters and their social interactions? I have to disagree, I think their wants are very important.
The fictional character is not potentially paying the developer of the game real money. One of the big draws of these games is to at least have the illusion of choice for the player. To introduce a potential line of the story and then have it go absolutely nowhere feels disengenous to the player base.

Remember how pissed people were at the end of mass effect 3? The reason for that was the illusion of choice was entirely broken at the end of the story. It generated such a huge negative response that the developers eventually added extra things to the end of the game so that the players choices throughout the series would be better respected, and the community responded positively to that change. Choice is important, if you put it in your game, try to respect the choices the player might choose and have them actually matter. Or don't and people are likely to be unhappy. That's the way it is.

And if you happen to not like that choice, then don't pick it. But don't try to make an argument for why it shouldn't even appear in the story when the option was obviously worked into the game for it to have worked out in another way.

Last edited:

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
The fictional character is not potentially paying the developer of the game real money. One of the big draws of these games is to at least have the illusion of choice for the player. To introduce a potential line of the story and then have it go absolutely nowhere feels disengenous to the player base.
Zanith to me seems to have, at the very least, a modicum of artistic integrity, so I definitely think the wants of the characters matter.

Now, I didn't scroll back so I might be missing some context from your conversation, but if you wanted go straight into brutal slave-fucking then the content is already there in, like, three different scenes, one of them having two branches, another four or five or something like that, and then there's the pillory scene. And if you're asserting that Lyriel should actually become a slave for MC then you are, frankly, stunningly tone-deaf, because that has not been hinted at and does not at all fit in to the story. It's a kink that will be (and has been) catered to, and that's as far as you should read in to it.

As for the scene with a bunch of branches, that is to my recollection a Patreon-only scene so it exists solely because Zanith is already being paid real money, so citing that as a reason to completely veer away from the established narrative is just... eek.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The issue about Mass Effect wasn't only the (atrocious) ending but how it contradicted everything in the franchise before - heck, they even verbatim promised that it would be an ending were previous decisions are at the core and you wouldn't have to choose between three ending options - where the whole gameplay was reduced to zero and it all came down to this one step (and yeah, you got a fourth option in shooting the kid). Players expected their choices to matter, and staying within the theme.

Here it would be quite the opposite, the MC as a "slaver", even if only in roleplay, contradicts his character. It would be just this what contradicts the players' and supporters' I'd say those are not comparable. Quite the opposite actually.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
So ver. 5.6. is out but peasants who can't afford 30$(which is a price for AAA game in my country) didn't even get ver 5.5. Wow what an attitude (y)
I don‘t even know what his patreon looks like to be honest. All I know is that every version without fail arrives here sooner or later, provided by the dev himself. So my worries about some random person playing the game before I do are nonexistent. But that‘s just me I guess.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
So ver. 5.6. is out but peasants who can't afford 30$(which is a price for AAA game in my country) didn't even get ver 5.5. Wow what an attitude (y)
You're a bit of an idiot, aren't you?
You're complaining that the Alpha build of a game has been released and you can't play it? You know what the Alpha build is, right? Its the most basic form of the update, its where you check for bugs and glitches before ironing them out in the Beta.

The game will be released on here soon enough, probably by the last couple of days of the month or very, very early next month. And for that matter, Zanith is probably one of the better developers, not only because they interact with the forum, but because they allow the full version of the game to be released on here, unlike other developers who keep things behind the paywall.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
You're a bit of an idiot, aren't you?
You're complaining that the Alpha build of a game has been released and you can't play it? You know what the Alpha build is, right? Its the most basic form of the update, its where you check for bugs and glitches before ironing them out in the Beta.

The game will be released on here soon enough, probably by the last couple of days of the month or very, very early next month. And for that matter, Zanith is probably one of the better developers, not only because they interact with the forum, but because they allow the full version of the game to be released on here, unlike other developers who keep things behind the paywall.
I tried joining the Discord, and I can indeed confirm Zanith is a pretty cool dude(ette?).

Reactions: Cierne

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
I expressed my opinion, no need for the insults, retard ;)
Your opinion was ill informed and was insulting towards the developer, so yes, there was a need for an insult. You deserved it and are trying to make yourself feel better by trying to insult me. Poorly too, I might add, as "retard", is defined as:

Retard - verb (used with object)
to make slow; delay the development or progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder or impede.

Even if you go for the slang version, well thats fallen out of usage years ago, which makes yourself look even more like an idiot.

And you've long since become boring, so I'm just going to hit the ignore button on you.

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
So ver. 5.6. is out but peasants who can't afford 30$(which is a price for AAA game in my country)
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::cry::ROFLMAO::LOL::cry: Stop please my side's are killing me!

Sorry but your complaining about the price on this site (a site that has no price tag's)..Look It's more than likely going to be released here by the author in say 2 months for FREE...
I wish a AAA game did costs 30$, as the last AAA game I paid for cost me £86..
But implying the author has a Bad attitude is so way off base that you mite as well be playing on another planet.

Jack Wayn

Jun 23, 2020
The andorid version was super laggy on The latest versions, but before that it was smooth, is it only my phone or does anyone else experience the same problem?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::cry::ROFLMAO::LOL::cry: Stop please my side's are killing me!

Sorry but your complaining about the price on this site (a site that has no price tag's)..Look It's more than likely going to be released here by the author in say 2 months for FREE...
But implying the author has a Bad attitude is so way off base that you mite as well be playing on another planet.
Two months? The public 0.5.5 will probably be out in two days, it's already been in early access (which BTW is at the $5 supporter level, not the $30 level) for over a week.

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
Cheer's for the update and the clarification! I must admit I have not dipped my hand into my pocket yet in support of ZanithOne :oops: But I'm all in for help/moral support from ilk that try to degrade some one's work for there own personal gain or to tarnish someones character by accusing them of ripping people off When they are not even paying for it them self's.:mad:

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020

Two months? The public 0.5.5 will probably be out in two days, it's already been in early access (which BTW is at the $5 supporter level, not the $30 level) for over a week.
Noooo, stop, you're ruining the strawman!

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I don‘t even know what his patreon looks like to be honest. All I know is that every version without fail arrives here sooner or later, provided by the dev himself. So my worries about some random person playing the game before I do are nonexistent. But that‘s just me I guess.
Yeah, my ADD is in full gear as I'm jumping between about 10 games right now. I'm nowhere near caught up on AHitR, so it doesn't bother me in the least.
Noooo, stop, you're ruining the strawman!
Someone left the straw man in the rain...now it's starting to rot.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Reactions to 0.5.5:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Having sex with Lyriel be repeatable now is great. Of course we still need to do her over the kitchen side, hopefully pinning her down and doing her there will happen before too long. For now at least her 'not letting you breed me' line should probably change to 'not here' once we're doing it in her room. And at some point soon she could do with an attitude adjustment on the other scenes too. That should be easier as it's just writing, rather than writing and animations.

4.70 star(s) 319 Votes