GeppettoPossum

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
Excellent game so far. I've noticed two issues- the issue with crashing related to loading the train station areas mentioned a few pages back, and also an issue with the "Taboo" setting. It seems to work for the most part, but there are sections where the MC and Selene will still refer to them as "Professor/teacher and her kids." Might be worth a once-over of the script.
Outside of that, my only gripe is that the Dev has a tendency to get kind of high-level with the technical jargon. As someone who is in the tech field as well, I don't mind it per se, but I can see where it might get a bit boring to someone less technically inclined. I know the age-old expression is "write about what you know," but the ins and outs of coding don't always make for the most compelling reading in an adult VN setting.
Otherwise, the game is quite unique in its storyline, and really has me curious as to where its going to go in the future. I especially like that the dev has implemented a Von Braun-style rotating station to accomplish artificial gravity.

Reactions: Marvellous Lunatic

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Why does this game has a milf tag? :unsure: Any milfs in the game so far? :devilish:
For now they are only teased (visually) in a few short events. I'm not sure wehter this is sufficient for having the tag or not, this is up for mods to decide.

Excellent game so far. I've noticed two issues- the issue with crashing related to loading the train station areas mentioned a few pages back, and also an issue with the "Taboo" setting. It seems to work for the most part, but there are sections where the MC and Selene will still refer to them as "Professor/teacher and her kids." Might be worth a once-over of the script.
Outside of that, my only gripe is that the Dev has a tendency to get kind of high-level with the technical jargon. As someone who is in the tech field as well, I don't mind it per se, but I can see where it might get a bit boring to someone less technically inclined. I know the age-old expression is "write about what you know," but the ins and outs of coding don't always make for the most compelling reading in an adult VN setting.
Otherwise, the game is quite unique in its storyline, and really has me curious as to where its going to go in the future. I especially like that the dev has implemented a Von Braun-style rotating station to accomplish artificial gravity.
Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the taboo settings, did you check to select the corresponding files in the "Language Setting" as in the "Character configuration"? They should be in sync.

Regarding the tech-talk. I try to keep it as high-level as possible and try to add even higher-level comparisons when he tries to explain it to Selene. I want to have this, for showing that Elios (MC) has a purpose in this story and is not just a random mc that wants to bang his way through town. And this talks and spending time together serves the purpose for them to have time to bond. They shouldn't jump to bed right after they met. Also it serves the immersion of passing time and they don't achieve everything miraculously within moments (Even if they still do this way faster than it usually would be, if even possible). At least these are some of my thoughts to this scenes.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: zappycomics

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Regarding the tech-talk. I try to keep it as high-level as possible and try to add even higher-level comparisons when he tries to explain it to Selene. I want to have this, for showing that Elios (MC) has a purpose in this story and is not just a random mc that wants to bang his way through town. And this talks and spending time together serves the purpose for them to have time to bond. They shouldn't jump to bed right after they met. Also it serves the immersion of passing time and they don't achieve everything miraculously within moments (Even if they still do this way faster than it usually would be, if even possible). At least these are some of my thoughts to this scenes.
I don't think it's that big of a deal... I come from a tech background though. Would be interested to see what a non tech-savvy person thinks about it.

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
Played this game for the first time yesterday and finished it today. I realized immediately that the story must be inspired heavily by the movie "Passengers", which I really enjoyed thematically, so it was no surprise that I got really immersed while playing.

The positives:
- Unique setting, character models and backgrounds. There are space-themed games and I have played some of them, but the assets that are being used here (very well at that) feel fresh and it makes playing more fun, because there's new shit to explore for seasoned VN-players.
- The pacing. What I mean is that the characters spend some time to get to know each other before really building a relationship. They work and play together and talk to each other before they get to the next level. Selene is conflicted and while she pretty much gave the MC a death sentence in some way with her actions, her actions make sense. Somewhat. The fact she's still lying and doing her own thing bugs me. The MC, while he started out as an annoying wimp, does redeem himself as the story progresses. He takes charge, is competent in his field and stands up for himself and Selene/Ellie. I like that.
- The renders are pretty good, the coding-stuff is fun as I'm learning how to code myself right now, although I'm still very much a beginner.
- I like the dynamic that MC and Selene have going on. It seems natural, and Stella, while not being given all that much time to talk, is also very lively. I hope that she'll soon get to join the group.

The negatives:

- The pacing. As the game has been out for a little over two years now, I wonder how these 6 females that are still sleeping in their cryo pods will ever get their moments inside the game. It plays like a harem game in the making, but if those girls are still asleep after two years and Selene already took quite a bit of ingame time and attention to 'conquer', it doesn't bode well for those characters. Stella is still a captive and mostly a non-factor, too.
- Pia. I feel that her purpose was a) to give the players sex scenes (that were super long) to tide them over and b) to give SOME background information for our MC. I skipped her sex scenes since I don't like her model and as she won't appear in the game other than in dreams or thoughts, she's very much not a real character to me.
- The sandbox. I feel that right now, it doesn't serve much purpose at all other than to find secrets, which seem to be just pictures unless I missed something.

In conclusion:

I find the game brilliant and if I had to compare it to all the other games I played, it would be a solid 8 or 8.5/10. I've put it on my watchlist and look forward to finding out how things will go!

snake_27

May 23, 2020
I replayed the game since it has been a long time since the last update and well... I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand the technical part of the game is great and my most sincere congrats to the dev. My issues are with the story, or more precisely with the lack of choices for such an important matter as is the (in the spoilers)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't know... I'm not gonna drop this because the graphics are really good and the story is not half bad... But very close to that point, let's see how it progress...

Edit. I post this critic because I consider the game to be top notch. If it was a more normal game, I wouldn't have bothered to write anything.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Played this game for the first time yesterday and finished it today. I realized immediately that the story must be inspired heavily by the movie "Passengers", which I really enjoyed thematically, so it was no surprise that I got really immersed while playing.

The positives:
- Unique setting, character models and backgrounds. There are space-themed games and I have played some of them, but the assets that are being used here (very well at that) feel fresh and it makes playing more fun, because there's new shit to explore for seasoned VN-players.
The assets feel so fresh because the majority were made by the dev himself.
If I'm not mistaken, he also made the game's music :).

I hope he doesn't mind me sharing these pics from his latest Patreon development update to illustrate what I said.

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
I replayed the game since it has been a long time since the last update and well... I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand the technical part of the game is great and my most sincere congrats to the dev. My issues are with the story, or more precisely with the lack of choices for such an important matter as is the (in the spoilers)

I don't know... I'm not gonna drop this because the graphics are really good and the story is not half bad... But very close to that point, let's see how it progress...

Edit. I post this critic because I consider the game to be top notch. If it was a more normal game, I wouldn't have bothered to write anything.
Yeah, this AVN is more kinetic than a real game with different paths (an differents endings ?).

Reactions: PapaPhat

filochard

Feb 1, 2018
Yeah, this AVN is more kinetic than a real game with different paths
I may be wrong but despite the two years development I think that's only because it's still early in the game like an extended prologue that will end when we get rid of the other 2 guys...
After that it could be more a sandbox game with daily routine and more choice in the free roam. I base my assumption on the SD's character attribute:

char attirbutes.png

Reactions: Aristos and Tulrek

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
I may be wrong but despite the two years development I think that's only because it's still early in the game like an extended prologue that will end when we get rid of the other 2 guys...
After that it could be more a sandbox game with daily routine and more choice in the free roam. I base my assumption on the SD's character attribute:

View attachment 2818939
Good call I think.

Reactions: filochard

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
The assets feel so fresh because the majority were made by the dev himself.
If I'm not mistaken, he also made the game's music :).

I hope he doesn't mind me sharing these pics from his latest Patreon development update to illustrate what I said.

Man, that's insanely cool to know. How much talent is one man allowed to have? :LOL:

Must be so much work.. but it's definitely worth it!

Reactions: Aristos

Calz

Mar 12, 2022
The writing is pretty decent but man the sandbox exploration parts are a nightmare to deal with. It would be so much more enjoyable without a free roam mechanic imo.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018

The positives:
- The pacing. What I mean is that the characters spend some time to get to know each other before really building a relationship. They work and play together and talk to each other before they get to the next level. Selene is conflicted and while she pretty much gave the MC a death sentence in some way with her actions, her actions make sense. Somewhat. The fact she's still lying and doing her own thing bugs me. The MC, while he started out as an annoying wimp, does redeem himself as the story progresses. He takes charge, is competent in his field and stands up for himself and Selene/Ellie. I like that.
- The renders are pretty good, the coding-stuff is fun as I'm learning how to code myself right now, although I'm still very much a beginner.
- I like the dynamic that MC and Selene have going on. It seems natural, and Stella, while not being given all that much time to talk, is also very lively. I hope that she'll soon get to join the group.

The negatives:

- The pacing. As the game has been out for a little over two years now, I wonder how these 6 females that are still sleeping in their cryo pods will ever get their moments inside the game. It plays like a harem game in the making, but if those girls are still asleep after two years and Selene already took quite a bit of ingame time and attention to 'conquer', it doesn't bode well for those characters. Stella is still a captive and mostly a non-factor, too.
- Pia. I feel that her purpose was a) to give the players sex scenes (that were super long) to tide them over and b) to give SOME background information for our MC. I skipped her sex scenes since I don't like her model and as she won't appear in the game other than in dreams or thoughts, she's very much not a real character to me.
- The sandbox. I feel that right now, it doesn't serve much purpose at all other than to find secrets, which seem to be just pictures unless I missed something.

In conclusion:

I find the game brilliant and if I had to compare it to all the other games I played, it would be a solid 8 or 8.5/10. I've put it on my watchlist and look forward to finding out how things will go!
Thanks for the feedback and the kinds words. Really appreciated.
Regarding the pacing. You are right, it's quite slow, initially I wanted to keep the introduction/act 1 way shorter but I just liked how to story developed while writing it and therefor decided the add more details. I'm aware that this might become a problem in act 2 in regards of development time if I want to keep up the depth of character development, which I do want. I have to find ways to render faster without cutting to much edges, but at the moment my focus is finishing act 1 with the same (or progressively better) quality than before.
Regarding Pia. I answered this a few times before so here just in short: Pia will have impact down the line in what way I won't tell, but it's teased. I know people didn't liked her first appearance because of the over-the-top veiny details. That's pretty much "fixed" / reduced to barley visible in her second scene.
Regarding sandbox, my motives can be read in the faq in op. Other than pictures there is a repeatable scene in the observation between episode 2 and 4 and a "dj game" in the dance club. But they are just small gimmicks. The sandbox elements are supposed for act 2 which was my main focus during developing of the framework for the game during the early days of the project.

Thanks for the feedback as well!
This might doesn't set well with all but I'm developing this story to my liking, not as a community project. So in regards of the story, my focus is on my preferences. The reason why I don't add much choices is because I have a very clear story laid out that carries into act 2. As noted I'm not fasted in terms of developing as I do this as a hobby in my free time and branching stories would even take more time develop and bear the risk of plot holes which I try to avoid as best as possible.

View attachment 2818939
Pretty much on point. The initial design was to develop a sandbox game with a "short" linear introduction. Well, I liked that "short" introduction so much I extended it a "little" bit. However, as I have developed most of the framework prior to start writing the initial chapter and I'm pretty happy with it, I don't want to hide it "genes".

Man, that's insanely cool to know. How much talent is one man allowed to have? :LOL:

Must be so much work.. but it's definitely worth it!
Thanks. I do pretty much everything myself. The framework, coding, scripting, writing (osanaiko helps a lot with editing and story consistency). Most of the used 3D and 2D assets are mine but I also used some some kitbash packs to build some environments quicker. So all the locations are unique to my game, except one that isn't even activated in-game yet. All shaders are my own, most of the textures are my own or at least customized to some extend. All music is created by myself, all SFX but the sex sounds, they are just sampled.
The downside on doing everything myself is that it takes longer in development and my isn't as detailed as much as I like in same places, but on the upside I can proudly say that it is quite unique and it's mine and I do enjoy creating all those things. I like modelling my own environments, I like coding some small minigames and I coded quite a few tools for background activities.
I created a whole language for my game script with syntax highlighting and many handy tools that help me testing my stuff. So for me it's not just about the game itself, but also creating everything.

Last edited:

JM24

May 27, 2021
Fantastic story. The plot is so compelling and the setting pretty believable too. Most of the times these sci-fi stories are too lame to be taken seriously. Not this one though. The details about putting people to sleep in a spaceship and all that are very well explained. Also love the slow buildup between MC and Selene. Last but not least, the footjob in the last scene is godly. Hopefully there are more feet content to come.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
ALongJourney-0.7.4
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Rozhok

Jun 29, 2017
Man, this is fanastic! ....until you get to the sandbox element. I have now clicked about 500 times and still can't find Selene. Please for the love of god if you want to use sandbox at least make it playable!

3.90 star(s) 47 Votes