Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
It's possible (maybe even likely) that this is a mistake on the part of the dev.
Damn, just read a few posts before you post....

No, it's intentional.
The DEV has meanwhile said it often enough on all platforms.
So feel free to play just how you like, you won't miss anything if you don't want to do it yourself.
Choices which leading to Li's or sex scenes are clearly marked in-game.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Geez. I was just about to start playing that game. Now you have me nervous. Just finished playing Being a DIK last week (avoided it for a long time because I thought the name was stupid) but now I have heard enough disparaging and disappointed comments about it that I'm having second thoughts.
It has a very, very polarizing ending. Some people like it, some people (like myself) think it ruined a very good game. You really have to play it to experience it, and I recommend reading nothing more on the game and trying it yourself or you will get spoiled hard.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Damn, just read a few posts before you post....

No, it's intentional.
The DEV has meanwhile said it often enough on all platforms.
So feel free to play just how you like, you won't miss anything if you don't want to do it yourself.
Choices which leading to Li's or sex scenes are clearly marked in-game.
Why the fuck are you so hostile? I enjoy the game quite a bit, but I haven't read every post nor do I feel any particular need to. Furthermore, from a programming perspective, it makes absolutely no sense to declare a flag, set it to True before the choice, and then set it to False after both choices. What exactly is that flag meant to signify? It is entirely reasonable to assume that the programmer might have made a mistake. If he's intentionally making it so these choices don't actually matter, then why bother with the flags to begin with?

You don't like my opinion? Don't really care.

Still like the game though. Art is excellent, and writing is well above average.

Reactions: PowerFlower

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Because it gets extremely annoying when people don't start reading 10 posts before their own.
Venuswaltz's post is linked there, which normally shouldn't leave any questions unanswered if you take the trouble to read it.
And no, I don't like your opinion because it's wrong and the reason for it is now about 20 times on the last 2-3 pages.

And don't take it personally, you were just the one who broke the camel's back.

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
Furthermore, from a programming perspective, it makes absolutely no sense to declare a flag, set it to True before the choice, and then set it to False after both choices. What exactly is that flag meant to signify? It is entirely reasonable to assume that the programmer might have made a mistake. If he's intentionally making it so these choices don't actually matter, then why bother with the flags to begin with?
For the flags I think you're talking about, these flags are set to "True" before a choice then set to "False" after are for the formatting of choices. It shifts the window for the choices so that they're in the right position compared to the dialogue box. It has nothing to do with actual choices in the story. It's just a workaround I'm using for choice windows because I don't know how to code each choice window separately. It's literally just a "style_prefix" that's being turned on then back off.

The flags that matter for choices in the story are always set to "False" initially. They're all on the same file and I triple-check it multiple times. I also double-check to make sure that each flag changes when the appropriate choice is made.

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
For the last time, after that I give up
None of the decisions knight / smooth or diplomat / rebel have any effect on the story itself.
if you don't believe it, please read the post from Venuswaltz.
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-man-for-all-ep-6-venus-waltz.65913/post-6593928
Thanks for answering everybody's questions. The question about choices is always going to keep coming up as people play the game. I don't mind answering it more than once, so feel free to ignore it. I don't mind explaining the game to newer players.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I think there is a distinction between the choices "mattering' and them altering the narrative in a consequential manner. Although the dialogue choices may not seem consequential from a narrative standpoint, they do alter your perception of how the relationships are progressing. So I would contend they do matter. At least that's when I tell myself as I bombard Vanessa with endless jokes as she gets more curt and irritated.

• Angry
Reactions: VNON and QBaSS

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC is not a white knight. Also, Mc does not get girls outta the blue, nobody fals for Mc.
MC does a rather absolute terrible choice of risking to get gorred and never heard of afterwards
in illegal cage fights with bare fists and no rules

MC pays with his blood/body for the care of girls,
he is used and abused before he gets anywhere with any girl.

Yes, getting beat up for a girl, winning her money, giving her your work to make sure she
does good using your work, those are the fatigues of nice guys, getting used by girls all the time.

In this game tho, girls do get a genuine interest in MC besides using him.
It is not unrealistic and very much what goes on in a rational setting:
girls getting what they want outta MC will ask 4 more and MC is there to provide.

spsp24

Jul 12, 2020
Although the good thing about F95 is that here is a lot of games and you can probably find your own kinky game but also some of the games stay "hidden" from many of people, for example I just found this game(By chance) and give it a shot.

I know I know, I should look more at the "latest updates" page.
The 'latest updates' page is basically the only page I look at on F95. (if I see a updated game I like I just go from there)

To me this is the most convenient way of 'searching', mostly because the tags system is broken (a fair amount of the games listed here have incomplete or incorrect tags, so it is useless to try a search using those

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Man the cliffhanger tho

So many suspects for that fire tho

The MC is having like what 4 or 5 antagonists against him now

I do hope that Billy doesnt have to sell his shop after that fire

Also a question is there a specific route for each girl or does it not matter what path u take with them ? and by that i mean the comedian and knight and seducer path

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
New girls introduced but still can't fug Vanessa :sick:
please, dont be too greedy...more than enough chicks to fuhug so far, and it is only ep6 and a bit more than year in development.
vanessa, riley and dean are top prizes and it is expected for their paths to be a bit slower.

btw, havent you played some other great story-based games (halfway, hillside etc), where mc cant hug even his own thingy, despite of years of development and dozen of updates:BootyTime:

Zueri

May 14, 2018
Does anyone know if there is already a fan thread for this game? I have found nothing :rolleyes:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
please, dont be too greedy...more than enough chicks to fuhug so far, and it is only ep6 and a bit more than year in development.
vanessa, riley and dean are top prizes and it is expected for their paths to be a bit slower.

btw, havent you played some other great story-based games (halfway, hillside etc), where mc cant hug even his own thingy, despite of years of development and dozen of updates:BootyTime:
I want to hatefuck Vanessa badly. There is something really romantic about fucking an uptight bitch hard, preferably in the ass.
And yeah, I have played those games but Emily from HH is wife material. Hillside is a warrior monk simulator, no lewds there.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I want to hatefuck Vanessa badly. There is something really romantic about fucking an uptight bitch hard, preferably in the ass.
And yeah, I have played those games but Emily from HH is wife material. Hillside is a warrior monk simulator, no lewds there.
i would prefer for vanessa a good portion of maledom ;)
just a hatefuck is not enough .. hrrhrr

4.20 star(s) 91 Votes