BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
They have a less prominent role in the story but they both are potential LIs in the future. You don't have to pursue everybody and can take a solo path if you want.
Are all the possible LI's available for a harem or are some only going for solo

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I just happened to have the pleasure of discovering this at Episode 9. What a treat! I am sure you are well along in writing Episode 10, however, I thought I would share an idea. Psychology is an enormous field, and some of the discipline is very much applicable to business and commercial settings. I think especially about Edward Deci and Richard Ryan's work in Self Determination Theory and how it is applied in multiple situations to use it in improving employee motivation and employee satisfaction. Since the MC's thesis is partly on motivation, this would be a good opportunity where he could (using Deci and Ryan as an example) demonstrate that businesses who want to succeed and excel against competition need psychology and people who are versed both in the organizational as well as the industrial psychology fields. Just sayin' is all. Business Majors could be encouraged to take Psychology as a minor to gain this competitive business advantage.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I didn't think that I would care much for Sophia, especially as she isn't a main love interest. But I really like her for MC. Maybe it is because she has a lot in common with him or just that she looks at him like she is deeply in love. Or maybe it is just that her hair finally came loose during sex and we got to see a side of her that isn't so tightly pulled back, literally and figuratively. I just get a sense from her that I don't get from the other girls that no matter what she says this is not a casual thing for her. Early days, but she seems to be made out of wife material. It would be interesting to have his endgame relationship be an unexpected one that flew under the radar like this. Kind of true to life too, now that I think about it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Great game, so far, so good. But tell me guys, please, one thing. What is it? A harem VN as the title says. Or it will eventually lead to a single path. And MC's chasing for multiple girls at the same time is fueling a huge backfire?

Reactions: VOYEUR

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Great game, so far, so good. But tell me guys, please, one thing. What is it? A harem VN as the title says. Or it will eventually lead to a single path. And MC's chasing for multiple girls at the same time is fueling a huge backfire?
It seems to be just what it seems to be on the tin. None of the girls seem to be looking for something serious with MC so there isn't any jealousy or drama yet. Not to say it couldn't eventually emerge. One thing I have noticed is that many of the girls have a jealous guy following them around whose only role in the story is to cause drama and stir up shit. Not Harlow, though. Harlow is too good for the world.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
It seems to be just what it seems to be on the tin. None of the girls seem to be looking for something serious with MC so there isn't any jealousy or drama yet. Not to say it couldn't eventually emerge. One thing I have noticed is that many of the girls have a jealous guy following them around whose only role in the story is to cause drama and stir up shit. Not Harlow, though. Harlow is too good for the world.
Yes, that's what I thought too, but now it seems that the girls have begun to acknowledge the existence of the rest of their bunch. At first, Harlow began to carefully question about MC's relationship with Erica. Then Riley suddenly started asking the same thing. And it seems like it matters to them, which is why I feel like shitstorm is starting to grow.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Yes, that's what I thought too, but now it seems that the girls have begun to acknowledge the existence of the rest of their bunch. At first, Harlow began to carefully question about MC's relationship with Erica. Then Riley suddenly started asking the same thing. And it seems like it matters to them, which is why I feel like shitstorm is starting to grow.
Well, to be fair to the girls he is living with Erika and he has recently brought them all together as a friend group so it would be kind of weird if they didn't start to wonder about their place in his life. And you know what happens when you put all your hens in the same coop and they all start clucking to each other. So it could be bad, sure, but if it is the MC certainly brought it on himself.

1675193497786.png

Last edited:

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Ahah, I like the fact that girls are not in love with MC (cause of his magical dick or "Just because"), they all Just potential fuck-buddies at most in my opinion, and tbh I feel even less emotionally involved with them, and don't really see why MC must feel anything for that women... and if he feels, I won't believe, there is totally nothing "in the air"
So I'd stay totally friendzoned/professional with "his old crush", "nerd collegue", "Ice Princess", "the Dean" and... (at maximum) fwb with "junky girl". Side girls are fwb anyway.
But I know it'll be boring like hell((

No offence ofc, I wish dev luck. Slowburn is always a better alternative)

Last edited:

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I just noticed this:

Here we have your standard VN MC's and their stereotyped friends, clearly a cloning project that has gone out of control. Funk Burger is clearly the place to meet in order to woo the girl you're after or to plan how to corrupt your Mother and Sisters Landlady and Roomates.

Blue: Obviously the MC, notice the trademark Pompadour hairstyle and simple black shirt. He'd be even more cookie cutter if he was wearing the standard Blue Flannel, but we can't have everything here.

Green: Clearly our Beta Male trope. Depressed because the girl he likes went after the MC instead. Or perhaps he's the MC of an NTR game. We can never truly tell which.

Yellow: Could be the best friend who has no interest in any of the hot girls, could be the MC of his own incest game, could be the gay guy who has a crush on the MC, one never knows.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I just noticed this:

Here we have your standard VN MC's and their stereotyped friends, clearly a cloning project that has gone out of control. Funk Burger is clearly the place to meet in order to woo the girl you're after or to plan how to corrupt your Mother and Sisters Landlady and Roomates.

Blue: Obviously the MC, notice the trademark Pompadour hairstyle and simple black shirt. He'd be even more cookie cutter if he was wearing the standard Blue Flannel, but we can't have everything here.

Green: Clearly our Beta Male trope. Depressed because the girl he likes went after the MC instead. Or perhaps he's the MC of an NTR game. We can never truly tell which.

Yellow: Could be the best friend who has no interest in any of the hot girls, could be the MC of his own incest game, could be the gay guy who has a crush on the MC, one never knows.
I don't mind. They may be cut and pasted from their "respective games" lol but at least he didn't do what some devs do and fill out a crowd with those featureless silver placeholders. That really takes me out of a game and to be honest freaks me out a little.

Reactions: pfc.berserker

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I don't mind. They may be cut and pasted from their "respective games" lol but at least he didn't do what some devs do and fill out a crowd with those featureless silver placeholders. That really takes me out of a game and to be honest freaks me out a little.
I mean, it's more forgivable than a room filled with black (the color, not racism) featureless people. Some people just don't have the rendering power.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I mean, it's more forgivable than a room filled with black (the color, not racism) featureless people. Some people just don't have the rendering power.
What I like to see is them using the stock characters in the backgrounds. You know the ones if you have played enough VNs. There is the arguing couple, the girl smoking a cigarette, and that fat guy looking at his watch. It always warms my heart to see that lot rather than the invasion of the featureless.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
What I like to see is them using the stock characters in the backgrounds. You know the ones if you have played enough VNs. There is the arguing couple, the girl smoking a cigarette, and that fat guy looking at his watch. It always warms my heart to see that lot rather than the invasion of the featureless.
Those are pre-rendered images that are from the software product Now Crowd. Since the are pre-rendered (also referred to as billboards) they significantly decrease the rendering time needed to render a scene with multiple actors. Most people don't notice that they are the same images as seen in other games, but some do. It's still better to have Now Crowd billboards than a "busy" nightlclub with only 2 or 3 actors, because of rendering limitations.

4.20 star(s) 91 Votes