VN Ren'Py Completed A Moment of Bliss [v5.0.1 Final] [Lockheart]

4.10 star(s) 65 Votes

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Loving this one as much as Petal. Brilliant Segway into the new arc and more gorgeous girls to have fun with.
I like this one a little more than Petal so far, I have to admit. Petal was so cute and sweet but the isolation of the story location made me strangely anxious and I tended to share Petal's frustration at the MCs constant rejection. Bliss is built differently, and even though she is a little creepy I like the character of Bliss. I even kinda dig the AI personal assistant and the humor that she brings to the proceedings.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
While I usually don't like to see the MC in this case the dev has created a good character.

Reactions: M-MBand

tortorus

Aug 29, 2018
Nice story, i really like the first a petal among thorns.

Now that it's said, I'm a little disappointed with the start of A Moment of Bliss (which is supposed to be longer than the first one), it s too fast between the mc and bliss. I understand the grils have a plan for her father and the girls just move in the next step, it s the secret... but the father don t be aware of it (if all of this become a shit storm, we have each other), and crossing the line once does not mean becoming full open, love don t work like this... even if petal prepare the ground.... in the first player have choice to resist petal, i feel it lacks that to calm biss and put it at the daughter place in the first stage of this game. After all he said again and again this is a week and we finish when we come back even if he can t with petal because in love. For one year he could had a lots of women but no, he need to be romantically involve and this part sorely lacking with biss even if she and he (now) be more open to it, for me bliss had to welcome him has father first and try to puch in lover way, it will be faster ok but here it s daughter to lover in one day and he care about petal. He is near submitted to bliss for make him dom wtf... Same for rose he put a plan to help her not to be with her again, and it is not to bliss to put this nose in all of this even if she can push it but not this way, again the mc is too sub (children who talk about their parents sex live wtf a way too cocky), looking a picture of biss without she know is bad but not this, he don t really know if rose is open with this ? Again this is too fast for this it lack of rose scene to this for convince the mc he still love rose, for now he love romantically petal only... it feel like it s not the same mc from the first game who come in the second.

well it s just the first chapter i hop it get better. i can t wait to read the next.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: jhonnyjensen

Serrickal

Nov 25, 2020
Does anyone have any idea what the song on the main menu is? It's been stuck in my head and I've been trying to find it elsewhere.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Hmmmm...I'm not sure about this one. I really enjoyed PAT, and A Moment of Bliss definitely has potential, but it felt both too slow and too fast. Bliss and Petal feel like the same character with only surface level differences. Bliss jumped right into a relationship with the MC that almost felt rushed. I get it, after PAT we all know where this is going, but still it felt almost unsatisfying.

Juxtaposed to the very hurried relationship with Bliss was the rather heavy, at times almost tedious, script. Writing is difficult, and the writing in this game is still far above average, but because it's above average I have to look at it more critically. There's a lot of reading in this game, and that's ok, but it's all very verbose. For me it didn't flow very well, and it struggled to hold my attention. I also didn't feel like Bliss and Petal had dialog that felt very unique from one another. Two of the primary LIs should feel different, but their dialog felt very similar.

I'll keep my eye out for episode 2. If for nothing else the team has shown that they're very skilled, so I'm sure they'll work the bugs out.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
so i was thinking, title of the first was 'petal among thorns' this one is 'a moment of bliss' makes me wonder will 3rd be 'shoot the moon' and 4th 'pluck the rose'?? heh

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Is the character Jinx exclusive to aMoB? Or is she from another VN? Hoping to see more of her cuteness.....and body

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Is the character Jinx exclusive to aMoB? Or is she from another VN? Hoping to see more of her cuteness.....and body
She's 16 if I recall correctly in aMoB, so I'm speculating that she's gonna be in one of the other LH games. Likely not one in this series, but maybe she'll show up in PfyT or something new.

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
She's 16 if I recall correctly in aMoB, so I'm speculating that she's gonna be in one of the other LH games. Likely not one in this series, but maybe she'll show up in PfyT or something new.
I may misremember, but didn't she design Penny's outfit?

BaeScout83

Nov 10, 2018
Yes, Jinx is an outfit designer of the more tactical and specialty kind, while still looking good. She designs Penny's outfit in PfYT as well as other outfits like Cassian's and a scary doll. As I recall she also likes superhero comics/cartoons and to cosplay. As mentioned she was/is 16 y.o. in AMoB, and PfYT takes place about 3 years after that, and PfYT begins circa 6 weeks after the end of Avalon.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Yes, Jinx is an outfit designer of the more tactical and specialty kind, while still looking good. She designs Penny's outfit in PfYT as well as other outfits like Cassian's and a scary doll. As I recall she also likes superhero comics/cartoons and to cosplay. As mentioned she was/is 16 y.o. in AMoB, and PfYT takes place about 3 years after that and circa 6 weeks after the end of Avalon.
I haven't played Avalon or Penny's games, so I didn't know they took place after these ones, learn something new everyday.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
The Rose is already well plucked, but you can trim her I think. Moon is a bitch but no reason to resort to firearms.
who said anything about shooting her with a firearm? we already know he has a weapon in his pants haha

4.10 star(s) 65 Votes