VN Ren'Py Completed A Moment of Bliss [v5.0.1 Final] [Lockheart]

4.10 star(s) 65 Votes

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
It's the same thing that was written when it was first added here a few weeks ago.
I already played and finished the game since then. I'm asking what's new in this "zero edition".
Check carefully few pages ago. The dev explain clearly what is the Zero Edition. Have any necessity to ask what is it. Because the response is already published publicly.

Response right here to Developer Notes: https://f95zone.to/threads/a-moment-of-bliss-v1-0-2-zero-edition-lockheart.113727/post-7909890

Surplouf

May 5, 2020
I understand Lockheart want is work looking like he create it. But this new look as less flavor at the first sign for me.

The original look is more sympathetic and give more life to the characters.

I'm painter and i know what is it an accident make our work not looking like you want at the beginning. My experience said to accept what the artwork telling you. This give a better result at the end. If my circle look like square. I have to accept this is square have to be here.

You are a great creator Lockheart . Learn to listen what our artwork try to tell you.

For the new look. Is a question of taste i presume. This is our work and i never try to tell you what to do. But listen what an artist try to tell to another artist. Do not lost our flavor! You have an unique visual signature. Why lost it for ordinary renders?

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
How hard is it to catch up on this, I knew petal was finished so I left it to do another game or two, but then I downloaded the final part with the changes not knowing it fucked up all my saves, and I can't be assed to run through all of petal again right now.

May 9, 2021
Huge fan of "A Petal Among Thorns"! I am very much looking forward to the continuing development of this game.

Initial critique is that the MC doesn't look a day older than 30. Hardly "middle aged". But apart from that I'm excited as heck.

Ysbald

Nov 1, 2018
Personally, I find it weird to change the style of faces only now. After Avalon, Penny for your thoughts, A Petal among thorns. As they are all in the same universe it is strange. Okay, it’s a mistake originally, but it had an undeniable charm.

Good for him and thanks to Raldain for being able to help him. Too bad for me and too bad for the visual coherence

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I like playing games with a toon aesthetic, but the whole game has to be toonish. I have avoided this game, and a couple of others like it, because an attempt at an otherwise realistic world but with big toon/anime eyes creeps me the fuck out.

I've only just downloaded and played a bit of this game now and so far really like what I see. Even though some of the eyes are still a bit wonky looking. If I hadn't read the Developers Notes that it was going to be fixed I would never have given it the time of day. So perhaps Lockheart may attract others who are wary of the old look.

4.10 star(s) 65 Votes