VN Ren'Py Completed A Moment of Bliss [v5.0.1 Final] [Lockheart]

4.10 star(s) 65 Votes

Alphamale2467

Mar 25, 2022
Great quality as always and I generally like the game, but not as much as the first chapter.

Below is a personal opinion of what I did not like:

the idea itself ceased to be unusual, the game became similar to the rest
MC now has a face, and in general, he became more talkative and "goofy" or something. He does not play the role of a father and he does not have authority among girls. Here he looks like a guy from their "friend zone".
I liked the idea of closed space and exploration of each other. It looks like the game is turning into a harem game like "sunshine love"

IMHO of course. I liked the game, but for the first time I skipped dialogues
I haven't played the other games, but this one is okay. If I'm being honest, it's a little annoying that the teen and 20ish people are all a bit on the pretentious side. All the young people are these sage and wise holders of ancient life knowledge, and the older people are idiots who have to learn all about life from them. I thought this might be just the daughters at first, then comes the clothing/art store clerk. Now I know what it would feel like to meet confucius as a hot young woman barely removed from high school. The banter is a bit forced and a beat too long as well.
The renders are great. If Nixie changes I may have to quit on the spot. After all, she and I/MC have to stick together, as we 'old fogies' obviously don't know enough about life to make it on our own, apparently. Thank god for the kids.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
YES oh please please let Rose beat us like a 14-year-old beats his meat, please let her beat us so we can take the girls and fuck off to the cabin never to see boring ass fucking Rose ever again.

Reactions: Porthas

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
A lot of the examples of transhumanism based media presented in this thread are not good representations of it. Cyberpunk 2077, Deus Ex, Ghost In The Shell. Transhumanism as a philosophy and as a movement is about technology making the world better and allowing humanity to evolve into a more perfect form. The examples given in this thread more accurately fall into the genre of cyberpunk, which usually involves taking the positive promise of transhumanism, bending it over a table, and raping it until it's bleeding from every hole. Media that presents transhumanism accurately as a positive movement for human flourishing is... rare, to say the least, probably because sunshine and daisies don't make a very compelling plot compared to corruption and human misery.

So, to anyone not familiar with transhumanism as a concept, take the examples from this thread and remove all the parts that make you weep for the future, and that's a more accurate portrayal of transhumanism as a theoretical concept. Whether that kind of technology in real life will fulfill the transhumanist promise or look more like a cyberpunk dystopian hell hole is an open debate and only someone with a time machine could tell you for sure.

Edit to add, in case anyone is curious, I thought of a piece of media that I think is a really great example of the positive side of transhumanism. It's not a game, sorry, but it's worth it. It's a novel called Blindsight by an author named Peter Watts, about humanity making first contact with an alien species. Virtually every character in the novel is modified in some way and it's treated as a positive thing, overcoming deficiencies and adding capabilities. It's also under creative commons license so if you search around for it it's easy to download for free.

Last edited:

PervyParadox

Apr 26, 2022
A lot of the examples of transhumanism based media presented in this thread are not good representations of it. Cyberpunk 2077, Deus Ex, Ghost In The Shell. Transhumanism as a philosophy and as a movement is about technology making the world better and allowing humanity to evolve into a more perfect form. The examples given in this thread more accurately fall into the genre of cyberpunk, which usually involves taking the positive promise of transhumanism, bending it over a table, and raping it until it's bleeding from every hole. Media that presents transhumanism accurately as a positive movement for human flourishing is... rare, to say the least, probably because sunshine and daisies don't make a very compelling plot compared to corruption and human misery.

So, to anyone not familiar with transhumanism as a concept, take the examples from this thread and remove all the parts that make you weep for the future, and that's a more accurate portrayal of transhumanism as a theoretical concept. Whether that kind of technology in real life will fulfill the transhumanist promise or look more like a cyberpunk dystopian hell hole is an open debate and only someone with a time machine could tell you for sure.
I mean people selfishly misusing something that's supposed to be positive and therefore corrupting it for their own gain at the expense of others and turning it into something negative is very realisticly human. The genre of cyberpunk comes from the very concept of transhumanism, that's the base of it. As a philosophical concept, it is neither positive or negative, it just is. But as we humans are very inclined to do shit with what we create, it is very likely that the "transhumanism" turned real, meaning from a concept to a technological progress, become both positive and negative depending on the perspective.

Reactions: Porthas

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
This was a great update but I have to admit amid all the bitching about Rose and her sci fi backstory everybody seems to be overlooking how Nixie got done so dirty.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, we finally got our moment of Bliss, even if next up comes the blisters.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I'm not sure I know how to feel about Penny showing up (superhero adventures feel so incongruous with how grounded this series felt since Petal Among Thorns). Even with the weirdness of the genetic engineering story and the AI/robot it isn't exactly going together like chocolate and peanut butter. That being said, I have to admit that I was stoked when Penny barged through the door and her music kicked in. If she shows up again, I wonder if it is going to be Thunder or Lightning we see from her.

Reactions: oldman1980

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
billionaires will make human puppets
still wish we had an unchained ai in the background that could take away the unbriddled greed, the trained hoarding response and envious jealously thats ruining everything right now. we have no need for billionaires that spend all their shit on boats and airplanes ruining the ecosphere even more than it already is.

Last edited:

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
still wish we had an unchained ai in the background that could take away the unbriddled greed, the trained hoarding response and envious jealously thats ruining everything right now. we have no need for billionaires that spend all their shit on boats and airplanes ruining the ecosphere even more than it already is.
Meh, nothing new.

The elite has been doing that since the beginning of civilization.

The only difference is, now they are tech guys and not kings or priests. Although some probably approach the status of "priest" in some strange ways... :unsure:

AI is not the answer. Some kind of revolution might stir up the order a bit, but the end result will still be more or less the same. Minus, perhaps, some sharp edges.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Meh, nothing new.

The elite has been doing that since the beginning of civilization.

The only difference is, now they are tech guys and not kings or priests. Although some probably approach the status of "priest" in some strange ways... :unsure:

AI is not the answer. Some kind of revolution might stir up the order a bit, but the end result will still be more or less the same. Minus, perhaps, some sharp edges.
As long as humans are at the helm and in administrative positions there will be corruption and the monolithic hoarding of power and goods. Only when someone or rather something that has no interest in power, goods, carnal pleasure or whatever else may drive lesser individuals controls society will we be able to break through this cycle. Only then will we be able to have an assistant that can foster the best in everyone and tutor everyone in the way they can learn best. Only then can we become more than a pile of flesh and bones that runs around eating everything and polluting everything else.

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
As long as humans are at the helm and in administrative positions there will be corruption and the monolithic hoarding of power and goods. Only when someone or rather something that has no interest in power, goods, carnal pleasure or whatever else may drive lesser individuals controls society will we be able to break through this cycle. Only then will we be able to have an assistant that can foster the best in everyone and tutor everyone in the way they can learn best. Only then can we become more than a pile of flesh and bones that runs around eating everything and polluting everything else.
Perhaps. But perhaps also not.

Putting an advanced AI in charge of us seems like a very uncertain and potentially dangerous proposition.

Personally I may on a moral level dislike some superrich people having toys I may never have, or even being able to influence governance, but on the other hand I am pretty happy with my life at present.

aekseer

May 10, 2020
it has a quite an interesting concept that's for sure. I can't wait to interact more with the AI

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Just got to the current update and have to admit, I wasn't a fan of the plot twist; transhumanism genetic deposition to family love.
Have to admit though that it could be worse. After seeing the "real" Suzi, I was expecting the twist to be "MC was in an accident and in a coma and this is one elaborate simulation". It could still happen. If it's going to happen, please let me know so I can stop playing. I hate the "simulation or dream" scenerios.

Reactions: HermioneLovesCock
4.10 star(s) 65 Votes