Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
It really was an odd update it felt as if we had made backwards steps instead of forwards with her the sex scenes with her were great though. One thing is for certain is I wonder how she will react to the story of John and Kathy she at times still feels like the loving wife to him and it's such a shame she is wasted with John the sooner she knows what he is really up to the better the MC is a far much better choice than John ever was or will be.
On the contrary, I felt that the update was a great turning point. In all the previous encounters, Nicole was in a relatively secure and known environment, either at home or once at MC's, or occasionaly in toilets. In this episode she is in what you could call a hostile environment, in public places where she could be recognized. She is in a huge state of stress.
She also states the obvious, for her, which is that she is having an affair, but that she remains a married woman. She thinks that she is doing a terrible thing because she believes that her husband, even if he is not touching her, remains faithful to her. This emotional display has the advantage of comforting MC on his other objective which is expose John's practices.

The last scene is traditional and beautiful as being a cleansing ritual.

So this episode wasn't a step backwards. We could say MC reached a higher level of difficulty.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
The last scene is traditional and beautiful as being a cleansing ritual.
I hadn't thought about that with the last scene that would make a lot more sense I was having all kinds of ideas of why she went off in the middle of the night kind of puts my mind at ease as I was thinking the worst.

declannl

Nov 17, 2018
game crashed at hotel
same prob on a Mac
'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'LBPNight/LBPNight.jpg.'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'LBPNight/LBPNight.jpg.'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script eight.rpyc", line 9480, in script
File "/Users/me/Desktop/AMothersLove.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 708, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "/Users/me/Desktop/AMothersLove.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/exports.py", line 1345, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "/Users/me/Desktop/AMothersLove.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 1142, in __call__

Darwin-19.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A Mother's Love Part8
Tue Jun 9 19:51:36 2020

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
same prob on a Mac
'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'LBPNight/LBPNight.jpg.'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'LBPNight/LBPNight.jpg.'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script eight.rpyc", line 9480, in script
File "/Users/me/Desktop/AMothersLove.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 708, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "/Users/me/Desktop/AMothersLove.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/exports.py", line 1345, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "/Users/me/Desktop/AMothersLove.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 1142, in __call__

Darwin-19.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A Mother's Love Part8
Tue Jun 9 19:51:36 2020
Use the bug fix that was posted here
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-mothers-love-part-1-8-fixed-orborigin.25146/post-3623137

Reactions: Captain Kirk

thessaya

Jul 25, 2019
I don't understand the tone in the conversations for this update at all. So far my MC has been very intimate with Nicole, fucked her a good dozen times I think and somehow she treats the MC as if we're back in episode 3 or something? What exactly happened here, she is upset about a double bed and a open shower?
This is plain weird and doesn't fit the previous narrative at all.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I don't understand the tone in the conversations for this update at all. So far my MC has been very intimate with Nicole, fucked her a good dozen times I think and somehow she treats the MC as if we're back in episode 3 or something? What exactly happened here, she is upset about a double bed and a open shower?
This is plain weird and doesn't fit the previous narrative at all.
yup i agree ... been thinking about that ,, only thing i can think of is she still regrets what shes doing .. but loves the MC anyways . which makes her confused ,, fuck i don't know .. just wish they don't kill off Nicole

Sep 21, 2017
that was way before the water came back on and you and Nicole had sex .... you wake up and shes gone , with her bag , she drops it on the beach and walks into the water over her head ... the end .... next update ..... i hope they don't plan on making her drown ..
i'd say it could still be the water...and the rapistionist at the hotel was adamant on teabagging nicole....maybe in the next update you get the "water run out route" if you didn't snapped at the thin man when he was carrying nicole....along with the <nothing> choice when you saw him "cleaning" your room...

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
All bad wording and the gigazillion typos aside, i really enjoyed this update. :) Especially the very intimate and romantic moments with Nicole, if corruption is low enough. :love: The cliffhanger also was something...:eek:(y)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
This update has two words for me : Fuck John. Seriously this guy is like the best/worst vilian in any VNs. Mainly because he acts like an MC whenever you play as an asshole in one. He really has a chance to be the best villian. Seriously it's between him and acting lessons house fire...
i think its a close tie between John from this story and Lucas

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Nicole obviously isn't going to kill herself, she is worried/guilty about cheating on John and decided she needed to take some alone time and cool off.
then explain why she took her bag with her and left it on the beach ?

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
This update has two words for me : Fuck John. Seriously this guy is like the best/worst vilian in any VNs. Mainly because he acts like an MC whenever you play as an asshole in one. He really has a chance to be the best villian. Seriously it's between him and acting lessons house fire...
He doesn't know what he has with Nicole none of these women are nothing compared to her and the way he has neglected Nicole he deserves to lose her.

then explain why she took her bag with her and left it on the beach ?
I'd assume for a towel and some clean clothes :p

Grey Wolf 73

Sep 30, 2018
OK, let me put on my industrial-strength waders and get into this...
1) One of the VERY few criticisms I have of this game is the thick-headed blind loyalty that Nicole has to John. I guess
this has to be the reason: I know they are married but holy shit, woman...
2) The writer/dev is doing a great job job of making Chloe such an unattractive option that Nicole is far and away the prize.
(if others were to be added in some kind of harem scenario, so be it as long as Nicole is the queen bee)
3) Marilyn... Marilyn, oh Marilyn. The story has morphed and developed so much that I don't know what the future holds for you... Maybe you can look into your pink rune o' destiny and tell us?
4)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lastly, I pray... PRAY for the day that:
- MC looks John squarely in the eye.
- MC reminds John of what he did to Mr. and Mrs. Blues.
- MC moves and embraces Nicole, puts his hand on her slightly rounded lower abdomen, smiles at John and says:
'Karma...'
(or insert your own brand of cold-blooded shit there)

4.30 star(s) 210 Votes