VN Ren'Py Completed A New Beginning [Ch. 1-12] [JJsworld]

3.00 star(s) 21 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, somehow the wrong patch file was shared. The 'double an' and ch8 lines 665 and 701 (and a few other things) were addressed already. Here's my edit upload from 2/26:

There was a miscommunication somewhere. Use theMega download link above this line for now, until JJsworld and I get to the bottom of this!

To be sure there wasn't an issue, I just tested the patch above on a clean Ch1-7 install. No error messages on my end. IF YOU GET ONE after using the patch above, please let us know!

A few pics were also changed/added, so I recommend downloading the full patch. It's only 58.3 MB, so not tiny but shouldn't take long to re-download.

JJsworld is probably away from the computer ATM, but I have PMed him about this. He PMed me earlier about it, and I just saw this debacle a few minutes ago.

DrFoster

I just did a 'winmerge comparison' of the Script.rpy file I have (from 2/26) and the one you uploaded. This tells me it's a much earlier version of script.rpy that was shared. A number of things were addressed/changed/fixed since then. If you could be so kind as to edit your previous post and remove those, so that the correct files are being shared?

You'll note that there are a few other edited files in the patch file in the Mega link above, as I fixed a few other things as well. Still not done with the Chapters 1-6 typo edits, but I already mentioned that earlier today. I'll get to the rest of the neeeded grammar edits when I have time, I do have other things going on ATM.

Everyone!

Not sure what went wrong/how the wrong upload was shared, but my apologies!

Last edited:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
OK, somehow the wrong patch file was shared. The 'double an' and ch8 lines 665 and 701 (and a few other things) were addressed already. Here's my edit upload from 2/26:
Mega

There was a miscommunication somewhere. Use theMega download link above this line for now, until JJsworld and I get to the bottom of this!

To be sure there wasn't an issue, I just tested the patch above on a clean Ch1-7 install. No error messages on my end. IF YOU GET ONE after using the patch above, please let us know!

A few pics were also changed/added, so I recommend downloading the full patch. It's only 58.3 MB, so not tiny but shouldn't take long to re-download.

JJsworld is probably away from the computer ATM, but I have PMed him about this. He PMed me earlier about it, and I just saw this debacle a few minutes ago.

DrFoster

I just did a 'winmerge comparison' of the Script.rpy file I have (from 2/26) and the one you uploaded. This tells me it's a much earlier version of script.rpy that was shared. A number of things were addressed/changed/fixed since then. If you could be so kind as to edit your previous post and remove those, so that the correct files are being shared?

You'll note that there are a few other edited files in the patch file in the Mega link above, as I fixed a few other things as well. Still not done with the Chapters 1-6 typo edits, but I already mentioned that earlier today. I'll get to the rest of the neeeded grammar edits when I have time, I do have other things going on ATM.

Everyone!

Not sure what went wrong/how the wrong upload was shared, but my apologies!
Awesomeness, that did the trick. Thank you so much for this fix.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
No, but the version that you reply, is the older version not the new ep 8
Hey, JJsworld and I are going over what happened with the patch atm. He's proofreading the patch I linked just above now, so hold off on any compession until he's approved this patch (shouldn't be an issue, just covering bases here) and edited the OP with the correct patch.

Thank you for your patience!

Reactions: JokerLeader

zielony2

Dec 16, 2017
A New Beginning [Ch. 1-7] JJsworld

Original Size Win/Linux: 744 MB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 126 MB: MEGA

Note: Best way to download from MEGA and avoid the Download Limit is by using MEGA App, MEGAsync.

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
can you upload 1 more time?

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Alright... I have posted a revised upload for chapter 8, and tested it with no errors... Have notified the moderators for an additional link... Sorry for the errors, hope this one is better for everyone... Hope you guys and girls enjoy it...

Also everyone needs to thank OhWee, for his help with this project... Without him, this would not have been possible... Wee helps fix a lot of my mistakes, and goof ups... Not to mention my spelling...

I am also gonna start reworking the first few chapters, of the story. It will be the same story, just gonna rework some of the renders... The alignment is off, as I was just learning the process... When everything is done, we will let everyone know... I still have a few more chapters left of this story, so I hope everyone stays with us, till the end...

cri

Oct 23, 2017
Do I download only the link that says Cap 8 "Revised" or the other Cap 8 as well?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Do I download only the link that says Cap 8 "Revised" or the other Cap 8 as well?

Hit refresh, the moderator/uploader just updated the OP with new links. There should only be a single set of downloads for Chapter 8.

The download should have the title:
ANewBeginningChapter8Patch.7z

Reactions: cri and JJsworld

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Everyone,

Again, just echoing JJsworld 's apologies for what went wrong with the upload earlier today. Long story, it's fixed now, let me add my most humble apologies to his.

JJsworld
Glad that we got it all worked out (finally!). Thanks for the thanks you sent my way in your last post... just trying to help!

Should be all good now (except for the typos, etc. between Chapters 1 and 6... the patch fixes those in the Prologue and most of Chapter 1, the rest of the corrections, well when I have time...).

As I've suggested earlier, the 'full' download won't be updated until the rest of the typos get fixed. The plan is to have the rest of the edits and such done before Chapter 9 drops. Your continued patience (r.e. me getting that done, there's a lot of text to go through and I have a lot of other stuff going on ATM) is most appreciated!

I like the new gal character in Chapter 8 a lot. Just wondering what everyone else thinks of JJsworld 's story so far, particularly Chapter 8 since that just dropped...

Reactions: JJsworld

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
i keep getting an error when i download chapter 8
Open the Chapter 1-7 A New Beginning, then open the new Chapter 8 Patch folder (the folder is named game) and drag THAT folder inside of the A New Beginning Ch 1-7 folder.
Also make sure you have the correct patch folder off the OP page... Earlier patch was removed due to errors...

Princearif

Jan 6, 2021
Love the game but needs choices! Without them It's just some render playing without our control :")

Bard Jesus

Nov 20, 2019
Interested but the preview shots with the big soulless eyes is killing the looks for me. Can anyone attest to if thats how they look in game or not?

bobit

Jul 23, 2017
Open the Chapter 1-7 A New Beginning, then open the new Chapter 8 Patch folder (the folder is named game) and drag THAT folder inside of the A New Beginning Ch 1-7 folder.
Also make sure you have the correct patch folder off the OP page... Earlier patch was removed due to errors...
thanks for the reply but i still get the same error :(

Bourn56

Mar 4, 2021
Please IGNORE was using old patch

just downloaded ch. 08 & tryed to add it to the game bt it gives me

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/chapter8.rpy", line 665: expected statement.
(Perhaps you left out a " at the end of the first line.)
    "[i]In another part of the world[/i]...
        scene ch8pic79
        l "Zhan. Are you really that crazy?"
                 ^
        z "You know I never say anything if it is not true."
        z "I know I am better. I am the best!"
        l "Look. There is no way that he will come all this way just to fight."
        l "I have told you for many years. He works for my father."
        z "We will find a way."
        l "I came here to keep things the way it should be. My uncle's passing was unexpected."
        z "Yes. He made sure I had all the great Masters as teachers."
        z "They always said I was the best. Till you came a few years ago."
        z "As they came back from the west. All I hear is how Brian is a true prodigy."
        scene ch8pic80
        l "I did train with him for a few years."
        z "So you have seen his technique first hand."
        l "Yes. But which do you refer to?"
        z "Huh?"
        l "My father had him taught in five different martial arts styles."
        z "Five. That makes me want the fight even more."
        l "Both of you are technically employed by my father."
        l "You know he lives mainly by the code."
        scene ch8pic81
        l "He will not permit fighting among the ranks."
        z "I do respect your father."
        z "I will not live in this man's shadow much longer."
        l "Zhan. He is halfway around the world."
        z "It doesn't matter!"
        z "All the Masters boast about his abilities."
        l "Can we just drop it?"
        z "No! From this day forward I do not work for your family."
        z "I am going to start my own organization. Some of the others may even join up."
        l "Zhan. You can't mean this."
        z "My new organization will not move on you until the Eliminator is dealt with."
        z "Good bye and hope you can stay in power after this is over."
        scene black
        with fade
        "[i]Back in the Western World...[/i]

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Mon Mar 08 12:45:03 2021

Last edited:

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Please IGNORE was using old patch

just downloaded ch. 08 & tryed to add it to the game bt it gives me

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/chapter8.rpy", line 665: expected statement.
(Perhaps you left out a " at the end of the first line.)
    "[i]In another part of the world[/i]...
        scene ch8pic79
        l "Zhan. Are you really that crazy?"
                 ^
        z "You know I never say anything if it is not true."
        z "I know I am better. I am the best!"
        l "Look. There is no way that he will come all this way just to fight."
        l "I have told you for many years. He works for my father."
        z "We will find a way."
        l "I came here to keep things the way it should be. My uncle's passing was unexpected."
        z "Yes. He made sure I had all the great Masters as teachers."
        z "They always said I was the best. Till you came a few years ago."
        z "As they came back from the west. All I hear is how Brian is a true prodigy."
        scene ch8pic80
        l "I did train with him for a few years."
        z "So you have seen his technique first hand."
        l "Yes. But which do you refer to?"
        z "Huh?"
        l "My father had him taught in five different martial arts styles."
        z "Five. That makes me want the fight even more."
        l "Both of you are technically employed by my father."
        l "You know he lives mainly by the code."
        scene ch8pic81
        l "He will not permit fighting among the ranks."
        z "I do respect your father."
        z "I will not live in this man's shadow much longer."
        l "Zhan. He is halfway around the world."
        z "It doesn't matter!"
        z "All the Masters boast about his abilities."
        l "Can we just drop it?"
        z "No! From this day forward I do not work for your family."
        z "I am going to start my own organization. Some of the others may even join up."
        l "Zhan. You can't mean this."
        z "My new organization will not move on you until the Eliminator is dealt with."
        z "Good bye and hope you can stay in power after this is over."
        scene black
        with fade
        "[i]Back in the Western World...[/i]

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Mon Mar 08 12:45:03 2021
That was same error as old patch... Do fresh install on both, delete old...

3.00 star(s) 21 Votes