VN Ren'Py Completed A New Beginning [Ch. 1-12] [JJsworld]

3.00 star(s) 21 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
z not defined
Question. Are you using an existing save?

If so, for now I would suggest the following:

After you load/start up A New Beginning, choose Start. A screen or two will pop up, then you will be asked if you are a new reader. Choose no (you are not). Then it will ask for your character name and you will be given the option to skip to later chapters (1-8). Choose whichever chapter you'd like to skip to (I'm guessing Chapter 8 in this case) and the story will begin there.

Variables are currently assigned at the beginning of the story, so I'm guessing that you are using an old save. As this is a Kinetic Novel/Linear story, there aren't any 'game variables' to worry about (affection levels and such) so using the 'chapter skip' feature won't affect anything.

Another thing that you could do is use the console to add a value to z (i.e. hit shift + o, then type in z = "Zhan", but you may need to run Unren.bat first to enable console if the console isn't popping up. It's probably easier to just do the Start > Skip to Chapter 8 thing...

I'll need to remember to add an 'assign value' to the start of Chapter 8, to cover this situation in the future (i.e. when the next patch is released for Chapter 9). Assigning "Zhan" twice won't hurt anything on the coding end, and I should have caught this (assuming this is the issue here), but I didn't try to use an existing/older save when testing Chapter 8, so my bad...

Reactions: audioman86

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
I wont bother. Downloaded 1-7 but hated the renders and those stupid borders. Story is so weak.

Tr89

Aug 13, 2018
A New Beginning [Ch. 1-7] JJsworld

Original Size Win/Linux: 744 MB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 126 MB: MEGA

Note: Best way to download from MEGA and avoid the Download Limit is by using MEGA App, MEGAsync.

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
when is the ch. 8 Walkthrough going to be done?

• Haha
Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
when is the ch. 8 Walkthrough going to be done?
This made me chuckle!
:ROFLMAO:

OK, I"m game! I'll take a stab at the walkthrough!

A New Beginning
by JJsworld
Unofficial Official Walkthrough

Step 1) Begin story or chapter.​
Step 2) Keep clicking until you reach the end of the story, or at least where it leaves off for now!​
Gotta luv Kinetic Novels!
;)

Sorry, couldn't resist... silly OhWee humor anyways!

Last edited:

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
This new version has some bug. I named my mc but in chapter 8 it was shown as Brain.
Mr. Lee's secretary was shown as Andre.
I liked the previous Deanna(cop). She was different from other. Now she looks almost like Dianne and Gail. I don't know if dev is trying to make everyone look same with just minor changes for convenient rendering. But it won't be good move. Cause lack of variety in LI won't be appealing to the audiences.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
This new version has some bug. I named my mc but in chapter 8 it was shown as Brain.
I liked the previous Deanna(cop). She was different from other. Now she looks almost like Dianne and Gail. I don't know if dev is trying to make everyone look same with just minor changes for convenient rendering. But it won't be good move. Cause lack of variety in LI won't be appealing to the audiences.
Can't speak to the character redesign, but it sounds like you grabbed the 'broken' patch that was replaced earlier today. The updated Chapter8 patch was uploaded earlier today.

The Chapter 8 download you should have is:
ANewBeginningChapter8Patch.7z
The download links have been updated in the OP.

You should be able to just overwrite the files again with the new patch.

There are a few other changes as well, mainly grammer/spelling correction stuff (I made it most of the way through Chapter 1, Chapters 2-6 haven't been fixed yet). But you don't need to re-read the earlier chapters, the story hasn't changed, just corrections to the grammar, etc. and a few fade transitions added.

On behalf of JJsworld, apologies for the broken/outdated upload that was mistakenly shared earlier.

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Actually only changed her hair, since the visit in chapter 3, I believe... The first one was horrible, had a lot of complaints. Yeah she was a bit ugly. Morphed her face a little more... If you go back to the boating scenes you will see a lot of similarities in Gail, Dianne, and Deanna. I made her this way, because at first she was gonna be one of the 4 sisters, but didnt want to change her and Journey out... I may make a few subtle changes in the these last few chapters...
Then again, she is the Main character in my second book, so really want to keep her somewhat close to that...

danvo2004

Apr 24, 2020
A New Beginning [Ch. 1-7] JJsworld

Original Size Win/Linux: 744 MB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 126 MB: MEGA

Note: Best way to download from MEGA and avoid the Download Limit is by using MEGA App, MEGAsync.

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
hi, the mega link is die, please fix it

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Chapter 8 is not a stand alone file... It is to be added into the 1-7 file... The first one was a mix up on my end... I had the new one posted sunday evening...

As far as compressed or android, I don't do them. We have a few patrons that follow the story who takes the time, to do this on their on, which I do apprieciate.

I have seen a few complaints on the thread about the renders and storyline... I started this project as about green as one could get. OhWee took the time to help me along.Thank you for everything, again, sir... I do say that the first few chapters are a bit rough, but they do get better. I plan on a total rework of the renders in those chapters after I finish the story. The story itself will not be changed. The renders will be the same, just maybe a change in position and lighting... It gets hard to do these things as I do work a full time job. The storyline I actually think is pretty good. "A little bit of real life is mixed in..."

I want to personally thank everyone who follows this KINETIC NOVEL... I hope everyone is enjoying it, and hope you like the second one as well... A few characters are gonna transfer over to it, but only a few... That is in the future. We have to get this one finished first... I am not gonna rush through it, to start another... I feel like the ones who really enjoy this one deserves quality... Not to mention, the naked women LoL... Thanks again to everyone...

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
Open the Chapter 1-7 A New Beginning, then open the new Chapter 8 Patch folder (the folder is named game) and drag THAT folder inside of the A New Beginning Ch 1-7 folder.
Also make sure you have the correct patch folder off the OP page... Earlier patch was removed due to errors...
I have just done as suggested above and get a, "Script Parsing" error when I try to open the application.

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
I like the story. Only made it through 3 chapters so far. Renders are not the best and no animations but that isn't a huge deal. Hoping updates can happen more often than not since it isn't of the highest quality renders.

Not sure why MC is so resistant to sleep with Gail at the start. Guess I will see as the story unfolds. Hope there is pregnancy options for these ladies.

Reactions: JJsworld

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I have just done as suggested above and get a, "Script Parsing" error when I try to open the application.
I'm guessing here:

If your A New Beginning folder looks like this:

ANBIncorrectInstall.jpg

You have installed Chapter 8 incorrectly. To install it correctly:

1) Drag the 'ANewBeginningChapter8Patch' folder somewhere else, so that it is NOT inside of the 'ANewBeginningCh1-7v1.0-pc' folder.

2) Look inside of the 'ANewBeginningChapter8Patch' folder. You should see a readme and a 'game' folder. (The folder is named 'game')

3) Drag the 'game' folder that is inside of the 'ANewBeginningChapter8Patch' into the 'ANewBeginningCh1-7v1.0-pc' folder.
Or cut and paste if that's your preference.

4) You will be asked if you want to merge the 'game' folder with the 'game' folder - yes you do.
It will also ask you if you'd like to overwrite a few files - yes you do.

Once this is done, start up A New Beginning, and you should be good to go!

Reactions: JJsworld

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
I like the story. Only made it through 3 chapters so far. Renders are not the best and no animations but that isn't a huge deal. Hoping updates can happen more often than not since it isn't of the highest quality renders.

Not sure why MC is so resistant to sleep with Gail at the start. Guess I will see as the story unfolds. Hope there is pregnancy options for these ladies.
The story will unfold... Yes pregnancy is going to happen... I usually put updates out 4-6 weeks... Renders in first 3 are rough, but was my learning stage...

Reactions: caspian90

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
The story will unfold... Yes pregnancy is going to happen... I usually put updates out 4-6 weeks... Renders in first 3 are rough, but was my learning stage...
They aren't bad really just don't have higher res models offered in DAZ. Still the story is more important and through 3 chapters, I like it. A few choices would be cool but from a build standpoint, I see why you have it more of a follow along. That way you don't need to write multi lines for the story.

Good work mate.

HunkyDunx

Dec 19, 2018
Hey Dev... so far I can't get Chapter 8 to work. Can't get it to start a new game with the patch installed. Comes up with the same issue the chap had at the top of this page.
On another note, there are a few things I'd like to bring up...

1) The use of the word 'their' please see how it is spelt here and correct it in future episodes. I'm not trying to be the spelling police but not a difficult one to correct.

2) The use of the word 'your' - e.g. 'this is your bedroom' or 'this is your car now'. The word 'you're' is the abbreviation of two words 'you are' - e.g. 'I heard you are going to collect your new car today' is the same as 'I heard you're going to collect your new car today'. I would say that most of the script you have used the two words incorrectly.

3) If characters are thinking to themselves then write it in italics which is slanted writing like this. It differentiates what he says and what he thinks. If you are going to write what the character is doing then put it in brackets and italics perhaps as in (Brian left the room).

These just help to make the story more readable. I apologise if your first language isn't English as many devs aren't but hopefully this helps you.

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
I'm guessing here:

If your A New Beginning folder looks like this:

View attachment 1076192

You have installed Chapter 8 incorrectly. To install it correctly:

1) Drag the 'ANewBeginningChapter8Patch' folder somewhere else, so that it is NOT inside of the 'ANewBeginningCh1-7v1.0-pc' folder.

2) Look inside of the 'ANewBeginningChapter8Patch' folder. You should see a readme and a 'game' folder. (The folder is named 'game')

3) Drag the 'game' folder that is inside of the 'ANewBeginningChapter8Patch' into the 'ANewBeginningCh1-7v1.0-pc' folder.
Or cut and paste if that's your preference.

4) You will be asked if you want to merge the 'game' folder with the 'game' folder - yes you do.
It will also ask you if you'd like to overwrite a few files - yes you do.

Once this is done, start up A New Beginning, and you should be good to go!
I have tried this suggestion and it is all as you say, but when I open the game I still get the "script parsing" error.

If its not a stupid question, why did the Developer choose this method to update the game ?
Other updates seemed simple and faultless.

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
I will try to compile a stand alone chapter 8 this evening or if OhWee has it already in a stand alone, he can post it... It will be posted here in the thread... As I work a real job and have major bills to pay (FML)...

And yes Engrish is my first and only language... I live in the southern US... Script is going to be looked at, over time... No I aint a grammer major, but we are looking into it... I have posted about this previously... My first venture here...

3.00 star(s) 21 Votes