VN Ren'Py Completed A New Beginning [Ch. 1-12] [JJsworld]

3.00 star(s) 21 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I have tried this suggestion and it is all as you say, but when I open the game I still get the "script parsing" error.

If its not a stupid question, why did the Developer choose this method to update the game ?
Other updates seemed simple and faultless.
This is to avoid having to download the entire story each time. a 58MB download is a lot smaller than an 800+MB one. Yes, that's smaller than a number of other projects/novels/games around here but no sense downloading the same pictures over and over each time.

If I may ask, PC, Mac, or Android? Also, full or compressed version? And did you download and install the broken chapter 8 patch before installing the 'correct' Chapter 8 patch?

Also, if you could screenshot the parsing error?

And if you could be so kind as to screenshot your A New Beginning folder and your /game sub-folder so that we can check to see if anything is amiss.

My current theory is that there are duplicate files, but without seeing your install, I can't be sure about that.

This is why just dumping the entire Chapter 8 patch .7z into the A New Beginning folder can generate errors, if the A New Beginning > game subfolder isn't merged with the Patch > game subfolder, which may or may not be an issue in your case.

The other solution is to have you download Chapter 1-7 again, then Chapter 8 and do a clean install, following the install instructions exactly.

As for a full Chapter 1-8 download, that'd be the next solution. There's still some grammar editing to do on the previous chapters (1-6), plus some of the pics are being reworked. That's why the decision was made to not update the 'full download' this time. The current plan on the developer's end is to update the full version when Chapter 9 drops, once the rest of the chapters are updated with grammar fixes, fade transitions, updated images, and such.

Also, maybe creating a patch installer, but that's beyond JJsworld 's skillset atm, as well as mine. That'd probably be an .exe though, which might not be whitelisted by antivirus programs and such... of course the Renpy program is an .exe as well...

---

One other thing you can try. Go into your A New Beginning > game sub-folder, delete ALL of the .rpy and .rpyc files in that sub-folder but NOT the five sub-folders (cache, gui, images, saves, tl), then extract this .7zip into your A New Beginning folder (which should merge the /game folder in the attached .7zip with the A New Beginning/game folder). This contains all of the .rpy files that are currently in the >game sub-folder in my working install.

Please screenshot the folders as I asked for above first though, so that I can see how things look.

Last edited:
Reactions: prosmoker1

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Cornfield

Yep, you have two sets of scripts in your Renpy folder. Kindly screenshot your ANewBeginningCh1-7 folder, and also your A New BeginningCh1-7 > game subfolder.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so in your screenshot, do you see the 'game' folder (i.e. the folder named game at the top in your screnshot) that is inside of your game folder (that's the folder you just screenshotted)?

Is that the folder that you just dragged into the > game folder from the (updated) Chapter 8 patch? If so...

Open up that nested 'game' folder at the top of your screenshot, and drag everything inside of that game > game sub- folder into the folder you just screenshotted in the post I just quoted above. You will be asked to overwrite a few files, that is expected behavior, so don't be scared!

When you are done, the ANewBeginningCh1-7v1.0-pc > game > game sub-folder should be empty (as you've dragged eveything up one level and updated the various script files). It won't hurt anything to leave the empty folder there, but you can delete the now empty A New Beginning > game > game folder if you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJsworld

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
Oh goodness, nothing better happen to these girls..... Or this game will take a turn to suck town

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
I will try to compile a stand alone chapter 8 this evening or if OhWee has it already in a stand alone, he can post it... It will be posted here in the thread... As I work a real job and have major bills to pay (FML)...

And yes Engrish is my first and only language... I live in the southern US... Script is going to be looked at, over time... No I aint a grammer major, but we are looking into it... I have posted about this previously... My first venture here...

I think you are doing great. Especially for a first run of things. People always hate no matter what anyone puts out. For grammer just take your script, copy and paste to word or Google docs. Run spell check and that should clean what little errors you have.

Only thing I encountered was sometimes one character is talking and and it says it is another. I figure it out so no biggie.

You mentioned and it has been hinted many times pregnancy will happen. Hopefully sooner than later since it says weeks and weeks are passing. It doesn't take that long especially with as many in the group. Someone is bound to get there lol.

I just pray you don't write anything happening to either of the girls. That will be no good. Very bad. No please no.

Great job keep up the great work!

Oct 8, 2019
Hey JJsworld or anyone that has played this one, can someone tell me if this is a light-hearted story or a serious one? No judgement, either way, this just happens to be next on my list of games to play and if it is something serious I don't want to play it while drunk so I can enjoy the story better. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: terrenceabain

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Its actually a Kinetic novel, with a lot of twists and turns... Nudity, murder, and a thick plot... Not to mention the thick ass on Deanna, Autumn, and about 6 other girls...

Not just some random crap... It actually has a decent storyline, that is consistant...

Reactions: acondo

0ffspring

Sep 20, 2017
Well what can I say? While I like to read through the story something that I have to say I dislike is the fact that in a way all the girls look the same: blond, big tits and big ass. So the first time I saw Yumi I was hoping she would join the harem because she had long black hair and a medium chest. Next time you see her she has blond hair and big tits.
Don't get me wrong I actually prefer large breasts but if you have a harem it would be nice to have varity because at this point it dosen't really matter whether you're sleeping with Deanna, Journey or Dianne. They are basically the same. And yes I'm aware of Autumn and Allison. Autumn at least has a darker skin tone but every now and then she also is blond.
So Allison is the only one who is actually different (at least if we are speaking about hair color) but at this point she isn't really part of the harem.
The nurse Lacy would have been a nice addition but at this point I don't think that there should be more girls in the harem because at some point it will be comedicly large.

JJsworld please understand that this is just my subjective view of things. I mean to be fair: this type of girl could be what the MC wants for his harem because they remind him of Gail and the girls just try to be the kind of girl he likes.
So it's nothing that I criticize about the novel it's just something that dosen't fit my personal taste and well yeah you can't satisfy everyone.

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Well what can I say? While I like to read through the story something that I have to say I dislike is the fact that in a way all the girls look the same: blond, big tits and big ass. So the first time I saw Yumi I was hoping she would join the harem because she had long black hair and a medium chest. Next time you see her she has blond hair and big tits.
Don't get me wrong I actually prefer large breasts but if you have a harem it would be nice to have varity because at this point it dosen't really matter whether you're sleeping with Deanna, Journey or Dianne. They are basically the same. And yes I'm aware of Autumn and Allison. Autumn at least has a darker skin tone but every now and then she also is blond.
So Allison is the only one who is actually different (at least if we are speaking about hair color) but at this point she isn't really part of the harem.
The nurse Lacy would have been a nice addition but at this point I don't think that there should be more girls in the harem because at some point it will be comedicly large.

JJsworld please understand that this is just my subjective view of things. I mean to be fair: this type of girl could be what the MC wants for his harem because they remind him of Gail and the girls just try to be the kind of girl he likes.
So it's nothing that I criticize about the novel it's just something that dosen't fit my personal taste and well yeah you can't satisfy everyone.
Yumi will go back dark, when she goes back to Chipan... She keeps her hair dark back home so noone will now she is half Amarakan...

Let us not forget, 4 of them are sisters, so that likeness is there... If you look at Autumn, she is a bit slimmer... Deanna well she is just my MASTERPIECE... I was gonna have a bit of differance in Allison, but then B prob wouldn't have liked her as much... Not to mention a lady friend helped me design and morph her... I have made a few small alterations on a few in the up coming chapter, but can't do anything drastic in the middle of a story...

As far as Lacy goes... She makes a small return near the end... She won't be in the Harem, but she will mingle with B... Oh not to mention, one is going to leave the Harem...

Last edited:
Reactions: 0ffspring

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Don't get me wrong I actually prefer large breasts but if you have a harem it would be nice to have varity because at this point it dosen't really matter whether you're sleeping with Deanna, Journey or Dianne.
I also prefer a bit of variety when it comes to the look of the girls in the games I play, which includes hair colour chest and ass size and also if possible ethnicity because I always had a thing for Asian women but all games with Asian women are either female MC that is only there to be a fuck toy for every ugly/old/fat bastard in the vicinity or are NTR games.

• Haha

0ffspring

Sep 20, 2017
Yumi will go back dark, when she goes back to Chipan... She keeps her hair dark back home so noone will now she is half Amarakan...

Let us not forget, 4 of them are sisters, so that likeness is there... If you look at Autumn, she is a bit slimmer... Deanna well she is just my MASTERPIECE... I was gonna have a bit of differance in Allison, but then B prob wouldn't have liked her as much... Not to mention a lady friend helped me design and morph her... I have made a few small alterations on a few in the up coming chapter, but can't do anything drastic in the middle of a story...

As far as Lacy goes... She makes a small return near the end... She won't be in the Harem, but she will mingle with B... Oh not to mention, one is going to leave the Harem...
Well them beeing sisters dosen't mean they have to look the same. One sister can have blond hair while the other has dark hair that's not uncommon (there's also a father in the mix so they can look different). And yeah when we are talking about the body type of course you can't make drastic changes but the hair isn't a problem. BUT AGAIN: this isn't criticism on the novel, it's just my personal taste and I actually like the novel. I like the look of the girls but yeah the only thing that separates them for me is the hairstyle. And also there is a reason why "blond hair, slim figure and large breasts/ ass" is the "ideal picture" of a woman when we are talking about looks. It's because that is what the majority finds attractive. So me liking dark hair does make me an "outsider" so my taste is irrelevant :D . I'm not trying to make you change your novel because it's yours and you better than anyone else know what the story and the characters are suppost to be.

But this is a discussion about the novel so I just want to speak my mind. I mean this beeing your first project I guess you like to read the feedback and maybe there are some ideas you could use in the future for other projects.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.00 star(s) 21 Votes