VN Ren'Py Completed A New Beginning [Ch. 1-12] [JJsworld]

3.00 star(s) 21 Votes

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: Chapters 1-12
Size 211 MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

duz1nn

Jul 28, 2021
Besides the fact there's no animation , the game isn't bad at all.
Not gonna lie , at the beginning i just downloaded to kill time , but some how i got dragged into the story
and when i saw i as already liking the story and the characters .

A little feedback here : I don't remember well what chapter that begin , maybe 7? or 8
But from that chapter on , everyone started calling me Brian. When the MC speak still appears the nickname that i choose for him , but when someone call's me or say my name , they are all calling me Brian , they never called me by my nickname again.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Besides the fact there's no animation , the game isn't bad at all.
Not gonna lie , at the beginning i just downloaded to kill time , but some how i got dragged into the story
and when i saw i as already liking the story and the characters .

A little feedback here : I don't remember well what chapter that begin , maybe 7? or 8
But from that chapter on , everyone started calling me Brian. When the MC speak still appears the nickname that i choose for him , but when someone call's me or say my name , they are all calling me Brian , they never called me by my nickname again.
This post has fixed script files for Chapter 9 & 10, that will fix this issue:

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-new-beginning-ch-1-10-jjsworld.58797/post-6529686

Put these in the A New Beginning > Game folder, which will overwrite the relevant script files with the corrected ones.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
@ jjsworld

Can you still provide us with the 3 missing pictures from chapter 10?

ch10pic26
ch10pic28
ch10pic37

0ffspring

Sep 20, 2017
JJsworld

Quick question: If I remember correctly you said once that one of the girls will leave the harem towards the ending. So since I believe it's going to be Journey and she is one of my favourite girls... is that something that is set in stone or will there be an alternative route?
Obviously I'm not asking you to spoil the story... so regardless of whom it will be will it be a possibility that they all stay together?

Reactions: JJsworld

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
JJsworld

Quick question: If I remember correctly you said once that one of the girls will leave the harem towards the ending. So since I believe it's going to be Journey and she is one of my favourite girls... is that something that is set in stone or will there be an alternative route?
Obviously I'm not asking you to spoil the story... so regardless of whom it will be will it be a possibility that they all stay together?
Did you not notice Yumi has went back to Chipan???

• Sad
Reactions: OhWee

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Yumi will be in the future update... Her visa was running out, so the elder Mr. Lee is gonna pull some strings with his connections to try and remedy this... We are not sure if it will happen, but he is trying...

Reactions: VeniXYZ

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Just checked you need to put those 3 images in the game>images>Chapter10 and make sure the names for the images are like this ch10pic26 ch10pic28 ch10pic37 and it works. :)
yeah i don't have them in ch10 folder at all .. where are they at ?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just verifying that ch10pic26, ch10pic28, and ch10pic37 are NOT in the images folder.

So, besides the reversed { italic thing, the missing [player name] fix and the three missing images, is there anything else that is amiss? If not, I can compile these items into a quick patch... doing so now, give me a few minutes...

ImperialD
Give me a few minutes...

GGGamingRP

Oct 19, 2020
Just verifying that ch10pic26, ch10pic28, and ch10pic37 are NOT in the images folder.

So, besides the reversed { italic thing, the missing [player name] fix and the three missing images, is there anything else that is amiss? If not, I can compile these items into a quick patch... doing so now, give me a few minutes...

ImperialD
Give me a few minutes...
Yes that should be everything thanks in advance

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, this won't fix the 'but there aren't any choices in this Visual Novel' issue that some seem to be having, despite the warning at the beginning of the story that this is a Kinetic Novel and not a 'choose your path' affair, not to mention the Kinetic Novel tag and the large bold text proclaiming that This is a Kinetic Novel, NOT A GAME! just under the big promo pic in the OP...

Apologies, just needed to get that out of my system...
:rolleyes:

But this patch will add the three missing pics in Chapter 10, fix the italic error that pops up briefly in Chapters 1-3, and will fix the 'but my nickname isn't Brian' issue in Chapters 9 and 10...

Simply drag the /game folder inside of the attached .7z file (but not the readme, that'd just be silly) inside of your
ANewBeginningCh1-10v1.0-pc folder,
merging the game folder from the .7z with the existing game folder and overwriting three .rpy files.

Then you should be good to go!

JJsworld
Feel free to attach this file to the OP and add appropriate "Patch for Chapters 1-10' text to the OP.
;)

Thanks to everyone for pointing out the various issues! I'm going back to work on FmF now...
Let us know if you have any issues after installing this patch!

Last edited:

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
This other abandoned game predates both...

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-new-beginning-v1-0-hot-soup-games.34015/

Here's the other one that you may be referring to.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-new-beginning-v0-9-zekoslava.44170/post-4347721

There may be a fourth or fifth game/visual novel with this title for all I know...

AFAIK name changes aren't being entertained, but I vote for Ninja Alpha Boobs Harem!
huh?
no, this one
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-new-beginning-v0-2-xyvisualnovels.89306/

how many "a new beginning" are there???

• Haha
3.00 star(s) 21 Votes