VN Ren'Py Completed A New Beginning [Ch. 1-12] [JJsworld]

3.00 star(s) 21 Votes

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
"Car phones"?

1997 called to agree but everyone born in the last 20 years has no idea what you're talking about.
Sure they do... My wife has a 2021 Jeep, and can make calls through the vehicle sound system, UConnect I think its called... Actually has a registered number to it... This is what gave me the idea...

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Sure they do... My wife has a 2021 Jeep, and can make calls through the vehicle sound system, UConnect I think its called... Actually has a registered number to it... This is what gave me the idea...
All modern cars can pair a mobile phone for hands-free calls.
And then when you get out you can just take your phone with you.
There'd be no reason to have a phone that only works inside the car.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I don't normally care about such things, being the luddite that drives vintage cars that pretty much predate the www internet because they are 'stupid' electronically, but...

About JJsworld 's wife's Jeep...

and more specifically:

Accessing your car remotely (as JJsworld attempted to point out) would require an ip address or unique phone number of some sort, and a built in wireless antenna, so that makes sense.

I don't own one, and have never ridden in a vehicle that has one, so I'm by no means acquainted with these, so I'll defer to others who may have the Sirius XM Guardian system.

'Guardian' kind of ties in with the theme of this story. Maybe Sirius has an 'Assassin mode' that we don't know about...

Last edited:
Reactions: JJsworld

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
love this game JJ ... what you've done with it is nothing less than say ... fuck reading words in spy novels .... check out what my spy novel does to your imagination .... not only words but pictures as well .... look people not a movie not a fucking 1000 page book with no pic's to read ... but a game to be played as well as a spy vs spy thriller ... (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
i just wish my retirement was more so i could help support you ... sorry :(

Reactions: JJsworld and OhWee

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
A New Beginning [Ch. 1-11] [JJsworld] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 1,06 GB / 166 MB - ANewBeginning-Ch1-11v1.0-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: xxxxxxx / 149 MB - ANewBeginning-Ch1-11v1.0-mac-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Update: 78 MB / 8 MB - ANewBeginning-Ch11-Update-crunched.7z

Download (PC*/Mac/Update): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
are the tags for this game up-to-date or are there more tags that have been added in game without updating forum tags? and if so can I get a list of full tags? I'm not asking because of not liking any tags, I'm just wondering since it says 11chapters I figured that's very few tags for that size of a game.
That looks about right to me. Also, it's a linear/kinetic novel, not a game (kinetic novels get lumped in with games on this forum). It's not a 'choose your path' affair. Renpy is just acting as a 'reader interface' in this context.

Just wanted to make sure that was clear. A few people have submitted reviews complaining that it doesn't have any choices, despite the kinetic novel tag being right there. You do get to make one choice though, i.e. the name of the main character in the story. I'm a fan of Biggus Dickus...
;)

The last chapter should be coming out in the next couple of months, at least that is JJsworld 's plan currently. Real life might delay it of course, but right now that looks like a reasonable target date. I just help with the patch coding once everything is ready/complete.

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Yes... It will be coming out soon... I am actually doing a 3 chapter render set, and putting it all into one chapter. So it will be a big one...

• Love
Reactions: Bobainox

Rex G

Jun 13, 2019
Plugging away at it now... Over 200 renders so far, and working on the script... It will be proofread for finalization... Trust me, I dont think anyone will be dissappointed with this chapter...
i like that im so excited to see what the update has

3.00 star(s) 21 Votes