• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Kaftein

Nov 22, 2019
I think I've written a small guide/recommended order to getting ED2 and fighting the optional sideboss in the Undersea. You can begin fighting her as soon as you've defeated one dragon, so keep Chill, Weight and Fire on hand to make the fight easier.

Edit: Forgot to mention this because I never got around to getting it myself (eventually went ooga booga and just relied on RNG to counterattack the final boss to death since I was too lazy to kill all the dragons), but apparently if you kill all the dragons and give the orbs to the Undersea Ghost, she'll give you OP armor that'll "trivialize all the Ending 2 boss fights."

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And for anyone else stock up on the healing scrolls before doing any of this because healing with items is best and the shops all close. Edit And you can reset after killing 1 if you needed items or want to do them in a different order. The reset is at the village portal to the starting zone.
One thing I hope Takamakuran picks up on is how easy it is for his games to lock you on a route without prior warning and how obscure and difficult getting endings in his games have been. I like to think there was a lot more improvement in that regard with The Mercenary's Adventure, especially when you compare it to MY]R.
Hey this version is easy compared to the old version I played through. There the red petite girl had no marker and there were no hints or anything about what to do.

Last edited:

MEOW876

Apr 26, 2020
After around 12 hours,I reach Ending 1 and 3,the story and H scene are nice,and since I had enough of the mental horror,I won't dare try Ending 2, not after seeing ending 3
btw,you can use the..."thing" in the sea under oni island,let"it" craft the best weapon ingame without any bad impact in story (from what i see) and reach ending 3

Still,one thing kinda scared me,and I hope someone tell me what that is

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
btw,you can use the..."thing" in the sea under oni island,let"it" craft the best weapon ingame without any bad impact in story (from what i see) and reach ending 3
This seems correct from what Ive tested. Although they did add the choice in an update to give the weapon back and "officially" break the contract which is a bit weird as it doesnt seem to do anything.

Zero_G

Jun 14, 2017
Seeing as A New Game didn't have a proper recollection room, and the "Erotica" menu didn't have all the scenes. I took the autistic job of doing one. So may as well share it.
Access to the room is in the first town red magic circle. All scenes are unlocked by default and you should save before using it as it may affect the story progress.

Uncompress the rar in the game folder. It needs to be decrypted (Follow this guide on how to decrypt a VX ACE game, then uncompress the mod in the game folder)

TODO:
-I wanted to migrate the new cat scenes that are in the latest version that was never translated.
-Add extra unsued Guide Tentacles CGs (may be one option to only show the cgs)
-I found some minor bugs
-Oni battles are broken, If you don't have the special skills you just win the battle, if you have the summons they kill the oni. For now the battle in the original recollection menu sort of works. But I want to fix this better.

EDIT: Fixed Guide sometimes not showing
EDIT2: Fixed various events that where not triggering from a clean new game save.

Last edited:

Kaftein

Nov 22, 2019
Seeing as A New Game didn't have a proper recollection room, and the "Erotica" menu didn't have all the scenes. I took the autistic job of doing one. So may as well share it.
Access to the room is in the first town red magic circle. All scenes are unlocked by default and you should save before using it as it may affect the story progress.
Could you be some kind of heavenly messenger, descended from on high to deliver erotic salvation to we mere mortals?

Either way, thank you for your service. manly tear

Snowy Bodinski

Sep 19, 2017
Ok i'm bit of an idiot. where exactly do i chuck this in folder?

Reactions: Lex3rd2

Lex3rd2

Jun 13, 2017
Where to drop the file?

JollyMexican

Sep 11, 2019
I can't get the other npcs to appear in the illusionary world. I've read the guide and talked to each one of them several times, but they still don't appear. What else can I do besides going up to them and hitting the Enter/z key? No other key does anything and they just keep giving the same dialogue. I've tried looking through this thread but nobody else seems to have this issue.

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
I can't get the other npcs to appear in the illusionary world. I've read the guide and talked to each one of them several times, but they still don't appear. What else can I do besides going up to them and hitting the Enter/z key? No other key does anything and they just keep giving the same dialogue. I've tried looking through this thread but nobody else seems to have this issue.
You might be trying to trigger the scenes too early. Try again after you complete all you need to do story-wise in the illusionary world. In my playthrough, I noticed that the scenes you want to see don't always trigger right away, so sometimes it's just waiting, trying again, and making sure you did the newest h-scenes. Yellow, for instance, has one or two scenes that aren't mentioned in the guide iirc, but can be achieved by following the guide a bit longer.

Reactions: Sheik100

Miq_z

May 18, 2020

Uncompress the rar in the game folder. It needs to be decrypted (Follow on how to apply a VX ACE partial)
Can i download your decrypted game?
Please

MTCF

Aug 31, 2017

Uncompress the rar in the game folder. It needs to be decrypted (Follow on how to apply a VX ACE partial)
I get an error when entering the recollection room

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes