Deximay

May 29, 2017
I mean... it's nice and all that the file can be so tiny to download but... Can we have the option to have a better rendered game/file to download? That's too... I... I like HD

I love your game though, I hope you can realize the game to its full potential, you're doing amazing.

Deleted member 54063

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
I mean... it's nice and all that the file can be so tiny to download but... Can we have the option to have a better rendered game/file to download? That's too... I... I like HD

I love your game though, I hope you can realize the game to its full potential, you're doing amazing.
You're confusing image render quality with image compression.

The images are rendered at such quality because that's what the dev can produce with their current setup. Rendering images takes a great deal of time. So they could produce very little high quality images in one month, or a lot at average to above average quality. As Devs get more support then can upgrade and expend their infrastructure, thus increase quality and quantity.

Regardless of quality, images (PNGs) tend to have a high file size, changing their file type/compression, reduces the files size.

TLDR: Shut up.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
You're confusing image render quality with image compression.

The images are rendered at such quality because that's what the dev can produce with their current setup. Rendering images takes a great deal of time. So they could produce very little high quality images in one month, or a lot at average to above average quality. As Devs get more support then can upgrade and expend their infrastructure, thus increase quality and quantity.

Regardless of quality, images (PNGs) tend to have a high file size, changing their file type/compression, reduces the files size.
No resolution change as you stated, but looks like too much compression used and image quality is way worse than the original, it's pixelated. I hope dev fixes this in the next version, because no need for such overkill compression, 100 or 200 MB game size will be better in image quality and still a good size.

Below image is from 0.55, zippyshare upload is from 0.6, compare them and you can see the difference.

c0s4a.png

Reactions: filochard

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
WebP is awesome, but it's not a miracle worker; a 90% reduction must have meant the quality setting you used with cwebp was incredibly low. No matter what image format you use, a full colour 1280x720 image is going to look awful if its only 11KB.

I strongly recommend converting the source images again at a much much higher quality setting, at the very least 90-95, possibly even 100 which will still result in a decent file size. There is no point rendering decent visuals and then completely ruining them with the image compression.

Socrates

Sep 28, 2017
You mention saves on the last save page - what page is that (i'm up to page 500). Probably just me being stupid but I don't know how to go to the last page without advancing by one page.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I can understand the struggle that might have gone on as to how best approach including as much content and choice as possible, but I feel it would have flowed better if it had a more progressive, natural choice and pace. Simple picking person A, and going that route, is very simplistic, whereas a natural/liniar progression, through passive dialogue would have been move acceptable, "Want to go on a date?" Yes = starts that path, no doesn't. Taking one girl at a time.
I agree with this. I'm disappointed by the "Who do you want?" part of the game. It just suddenly broke the flow that had been created since the beginning of the story. I wish the options could've been integrated into the storyline a bit more. I'm not sure why the three paths needed to be separated either because they didn't necessarily seem to need to be exclusive to one another as they weren't competing with each other.

Deleted member 54063

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
You mention saves on the last save page - what page is that (i'm up to page 500). Probably just me being stupid but I don't know how to go to the last page without advancing by one page.
Where are you looking for a save from? I'll upload.

Though honestly, just CTRL'ing (skipping) your way through the dialogue wouldn't take that long. Just go into preferences, under "Skip" check "Unseen Text".

Socrates

Sep 28, 2017
Where are you looking for a save from? I'll upload.

Though honestly, just CTRL'ing (skipping) your way through the dialogue wouldn't take that long. Just go into preferences, under "Skip" check "Unseen Text".
Thanks - will do the skipping - I was looking under loads btw - as I say stupid on my part!

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Played the three "paths" of this update, and was disappointed that they were just, brief chats and "let's see what happens in the future".

I've been loving this game so much, and I'm not meaning to sound ungrateful or unappreciative of your efforts, but it just felt like this update fell short of expectations that were lied up by past versions.

I can understand the struggle that might have gone on as to how best approach including as much content and choice as possible, but I feel it would have flowed better if it had a more progressive, natural choice and pace. Simple picking person A, and going that route, is very simplistic, whereas a natural/liniar progression, through passive dialogue would have been move acceptable, "Want to go on a date?" Yes = starts that path, no doesn't. Taking one girl at a time.

I honestly felt, with Suzie being the outlier in terms of intimacy in the past (or at least, the least developed), that it would have been natural for her story to be progressed slightly in this update (and I had hoped for that), then back to Reb, and so on. Or it could have been Reb first, given their past openness.

I hope you don't take this criticism the wrong way, just trying to give my constructive (hopefully) two cents to a project I enjoy.
I hear you. I just wish I had the time (and a system capable of rendering faster!) to fit more in to each update. There are plans for Suz, though, so please bear with me :)

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
I do not know that with de n3 because is not really the best 3 ways 3 mini things that is a bad decision you see it in many other games more and more we always get more and more charecker with each update it is less what you can do lkann there a small scene with person x then a small one with

person y and the others all come many updates long not something new and eventually the game dies because even the dev control of all the ways and people has lost me at least consider the decision for a very bad idea especially it does not feel like a real game to ah I do not know I found the game to version 05 really famntastic but now? somehow there is no real story feeling over and barely any interaction small talk

and that's it then I think do should return to the old principle back to make the game feel rounder again and not so divided I think it's not really interesannt and who ndas so on I'm afraid that it will get worse with the game and ends in more or less in felt 3 different games and hardly anything with the original story / game has to do what would be a pity

I at least had a lot more fun in the previous updates than with that was not a pity

Deleted member 54063

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
I hear you. I just wish I had the time (and a system capable of rendering faster!) to fit more in to each update. There are plans for Suz, though, so please bear with me :)
Well I wasn't so much saying fit more into the update, just having the choices feel more natural, and within the dialogue, rather that straight up picking from a list. But, all good.

Keep up the good work, mate. Still one of my favorite games. ;)

Apr 7, 2018
Not gonna lie I was disappointed how short / low on dialogue the aunt scene was not to mention there was 0 seconds of content after. If you've got a slow machine focus on one path at a time and then render in the other ones. With the time you spent on the sisters + cousin scene you could've introduced another mom scene, a threesome with the aunt, or started the date

Reactions: xcribr

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
I thought that that final decision point (the three choices) was the perfect savepoint for the next update. And - have to say - loving all the movie and song references...beautiful game you have going here...

Reactions: xcribr
3.40 star(s) 67 Votes