Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I have to agree about Ashley's reactions here. Once those eyebrows go up and she gets sad or cries, it breaks my heart, even though I'm only on her route. Her indifferent looks towards other girls in the back of the bus going towards Roger's I don't like either. Her sad looks in the bathroom talking to Sung-ji about not being aggressive enough, you can tell she is so nervous about what's going to happen. She doesn't want to lose him again.

She's my only girl in this game right from the phone call in the prologue. She feels love and regret towards the MC, as he does for her, for what happened in the past, yet, they're TRYING not to rush into anything and want to do it the right way, but we all know they just want to jump in at 100 mph.

Jenny I don't like or trust, like her bullshit douchenozzle brother. Jade reminds me of Quinn so that's a no from me, even though she's nicer. Val is a mood wildcard. If she gets pushed by someone, watch the fuck out. Rebecca is FUCKING ADORABLE and would be my main LI choice if the game already hadn't give us one. Aurora too, very smitten with her. Love her looks and her personality (reminds a little bit of Jill, since she's more "uppity" in style)

As curious as I am to play the Aurora & Rebecca routes, I'm sticking with Ashley. Can't give up on true love.

(Love the New Vegas reference, very fitting for this game)

Oh, about the h-word tag (that's how I talk about it) I think for this game it just means you can date multiple girls without commitment. It's not like what most of you are thinking of. It's an inaccurate tag for this game though.

Last edited:

Josus Joestar

Jun 14, 2020
Ikr, Rebecca is really cute. But as you said, I can't manage to find the main route for her. So the only possibility is to go for the Jenny route then chose Rebecca as much as you can.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Ikr, Rebecca is really cute. But as you said, I can't manage to find the main route for her. So the only possibility is to go for the Jenny route then chose Rebecca as much as you can.
The beginning of the route with Rebecca is the acceptance of her lessons to teach you how to swim. I also chose her for the best bathing suit scene. I was indifferent with Jenny from the get go, heavily getting points with Ashley, but was always nice to Rebecca. Once she says to you that if there are other girls you're interested in besides her, please choose them. At that point, she likes you, but wants others, rather than herself, to be happy. There's a walkthrough available by Meushi that shows everything and it's pretty helpful.

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/04/1155747_AOA_02_Walkthrough.pdf

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2021
wow . this is good.

i was expecting some weak half story rip of BADiK (like BB has so many clones)

but no , except for single wink to BADIK (which was obviously just that ) this isnt the case

story is rly good and looks like game is doing its own thing instead of being a clone so there's that

i admit that characters are bit lacking though . there are two girls Ash and Jen
(the rest is there if u want multiple play throughs or if any of em hits ur specific kink)
i like elizabeth tough as a side chick . she piqued my interest . and they are kind of unique
so there is room for improvment and the game is in very early stages

as for the renders , well most ren'py games nowdays have no issues on this end
(and looks like this game is in high end for renders)
girls are pretty except for sometimes the can have very unrealistic booty (talking about rebecca in the boutique store)

game is worth playing or at least putting on to do list when more content available

Reactions: Journey95

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
A lot of what is being discussed is kind of what's killing the game for me. "You can have any girl you want as long as it's Ashley.....OK, I'll let you have Jenny out of sympathy". It's possible to get with the other girls, but not if you want the "main story" arc. You can't be in the main story of the game without picking one of those two. Admittedly I have only picked at the last update because I can kind of see where (I feel) It's going and it's not really for me. I liked both of those girls a lot but hate being forced into a relationship when its supposedly an "open" game. If the point of the game is a particular girl; that's fine, I'm good with that. I feel like the rest of the girls are being written to try and drive you to the desired result as well.

Just my opinion.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
A lot of what is being discussed is kind of what's killing the game for me. "You can have any girl you want as long as it's Ashley.....OK, I'll let you have Jenny out of sympathy". It's possible to get with the other girls, but not if you want the "main story" arc. You can't be in the main story of the game without picking one of those two.
That's not really true. You will hang out with Ashley anyway because she's written as your "best friend " and you can't escape Jenny because she's the main reason why you've been accepted into the school in the first place but it doesn't mean you must follow their path. The others girls have less content for now but it doesn't mean you'll be out of the overall story if you pick them. Valery for example is becoming more prominent and have her own dream sequence just like Ashley and Jenny.

Reactions: Razrback16

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
A lot of what is being discussed is kind of what's killing the game for me. "You can have any girl you want as long as it's Ashley.....OK, I'll let you have Jenny out of sympathy". It's possible to get with the other girls, but not if you want the "main story" arc. You can't be in the main story of the game without picking one of those two. Admittedly I have only picked at the last update because I can kind of see where (I feel) It's going and it's not really for me. I liked both of those girls a lot but hate being forced into a relationship when its supposedly an "open" game. If the point of the game is a particular girl; that's fine, I'm good with that. I feel like the rest of the girls are being written to try and drive you to the desired result as well.

Just my opinion.
I hate how much this game pushes Ashley and Jenny as well, but I think it's pretty clear that the other girls will get their time in the spotlight in the future. I would suggest putting this one on the backburner for an update or two and see how it's doing then.
Me personally, I'll give the game up to V5 to see if the game is still desperate for you to date Ashley/Jenny. If the other girls don't see significant progress I'll be dropping the game.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I hate how much this game pushes Ashley and Jenny as well, but I think it's pretty clear that the other girls will get their time in the spotlight in the future. I would suggest putting this one on the backburner for an update or two and see how it's doing then.
Me personally, I'll give the game up to V5 to see if the game is still desperate for you to date Ashley/Jenny. If the other girls don't see significant progress I'll be dropping the game.
That's kind of my plan, look at the updates to see what the changelog says then update down the road, play the content and see. It's gone from "must update" status to "update eventually". I don't hate the game by any means, it just doesn't excite me at this point.

Reactions: Bucketbot89

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018

Just my opinion.
This game would be better off if it was build like Being a DIK for an example and there were ca. 4-5 main girls who you could romance all at once at least up to a certain point. That way no character feels forced on you and you get a lot of content with all the girls without sacrificing the story.

That would make the game more popular too. Its already visually great and has likable attractive female characters but this holds it back

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
This game would be better off if it was build like Being a DIK for an example and there were ca. 4-5 main girls who you could romance all at once at least up to a certain point. That way no character feels forced on you and you get a lot of content with all the girls without sacrificing the story.

That would make the game more popular too. Its already visually great and has likable attractive female characters but this holds it back
I actually don't mind the "sudden commitment" thing. I wanted Ashley from the get go in the prologue but yes it does make it hard if you want to woo any of the other girls. For me, that would be Aurora & Rebecca. In a sense, to me, it DOES make you feel guilty in a way if you are too friendly with them too early, then more situations arise, in my case, Ashley gives sad looks and is concerned. But like every other game I play, I'll stay loyal and keep the interactions with the other girls platonic or indifferent.

So it's a pro and con thing with the sudden commitment thing (even to Rebecca or Jenny or even Val for that fact because they even ask you quickly) Not too worried about future episodes, just want certain things in the game (like the party) over with.

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019

Well then that'd just be copying Being a DIK at that point. New college setting, coming from a poor background, dead parent(s).

I personally think that the pathing is a fine thing. Any dev with common sense knows that they want people to play their game for as long as possible, it's just basic stuff. So pathing allows it to happen.

Does the game force some characters on you? Yes, but that's because they are included in the story. Otherwise the game wouldn't have any story since it seems to be focusing on Jenny's brother and it seems like he'll be messing MC and his friends.

Also wtf is up with people not mentioning Vicky?! She's easily one of the best characters in the game!

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Well then that'd just be copying Being a DIK at that point. New college setting, coming from a poor background, dead parent(s).

I personally think that the pathing is a fine thing. Any dev with common sense knows that they want people to play their game for as long as possible, it's just basic stuff. So pathing allows it to happen.

Does the game force some characters on you? Yes, but that's because they are included in the story. Otherwise the game wouldn't have any story since it seems to be focusing on Jenny's brother and it seems like he'll be messing MC and his friends.

Also wtf is up with people not mentioning Vicky?! She's easily one of the best characters in the game!
Ya Vicky is in my top 3 for sure. :)

Reactions: InfamousGuy

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021

This is only Chapter 2 of AOA. In BaDIK, I think you have to wait until chapter 3 (see 4) to start a real relationship with all the girls. In AOA, it progresses with the rhythm of the passage of time in the game. I don't know how much time passes, but it is very little. Too little for the MC to catch all the girls.

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018

I mean its already inspired by being a dik and that's fine & a good thing (much better than every other adult game copying the same incest formula), having more freedom wouldn't really make it more of a copy.

Also I don't think pathing makes that happen, most people don't want to do multiple playthroughs just to get all the girls, if anything this makes the game shorter.

I don't mind "forcing" characters (I mean that has to happen to a certain extent, not every girl can be equal) but I think just having two main girls is not enough. It would be better if the other girls like Valery were treated like Ashley and Jenny are.

And yeah Vicky is great and she deserves more focus too

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
This is only Chapter 2 of AOA. In BaDIK, I think you have to wait until chapter 3 (see 4) to start a real relationship with all the girls. In AOA, it progresses with the rhythm of the passage of time in the game. I don't know how much time passes, but it is very little. Too little for the MC to catch all the girls.
Yeah but that makes AoA feel rushed since you already have to decide between Ashley or Jenny. It hasn't even been that long. It would be better to have an option to pursue both and also give more focus to the others.

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
I actually don't mind the "sudden commitment" thing. I wanted Ashley from the get go in the prologue but yes it does make it hard if you want to woo any of the other girls. For me, that would be Aurora & Rebecca. In a sense, to me, it DOES make you feel guilty in a way if you are too friendly with them too early, then more situations arise, in my case, Ashley gives sad looks and is concerned. But like every other game I play, I'll stay loyal and keep the interactions with the other girls platonic or indifferent.

So it's a pro and con thing with the sudden commitment thing (even to Rebecca or Jenny or even Val for that fact because they even ask you quickly) Not too worried about future episodes, just want certain things in the game (like the party) over with.
I don't mind the commitment if that's what you are going to give to Ashley but I didn't realize at the time when a certain someone asks if they can count on you when they needed you most that it would lock you out of committing to others later. Not as if most players playing most harem games to begin with are not committing themselves to a single individual in said game. I really do want to protect the person asking the question as I've built up the relationship to possibly become more than just friends but to me there, when posed that question, my intent is to protect her at all costs (whether just as the friend she has become or as something possibly more remains to be seen) but if she can't ask for a commitment straight out and clarify that's the intent with that question as I planned to protect them at all costs, even at the cost of sacrificing one's own life if need be (in game, of course,) why should I be penalized for not being able to read between the lines and possibly misinterpreting what was being asked during that sequence. Especially when their immediate response afterwards indicates the following as well (There's no romantic undertone with the way she said it..) I know it is implied that's what they are asking for during that sequence but for it to lock you out of being able to commit to another character later on, shouldn't happen in my eyes as one could be devious and do just that if they really were a womanizer and their intent was just to get into the pants of every available female they were interacting with. To me, you should be able to commit to Ashley still at that point and there could be possible repercussions later in your relationship with her for doing so there.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Oh, about the h-word tag (that's how I talk about it) I think for this game it just means you can date multiple girls without commitment. It's not like what most of you are thinking of. It's an inaccurate tag for this game though.
Yeah. I've identified as polyamorous for many decades. Dating multiple women by keeping them separate, hiding each relationship from the others, is not my cup of tea. My own style seeks commitment to multiples with knowledge and (hopefully) friendship among those I'm in relationship with.

It is interesting to see this uncommitted dating taking the harem label. As many of these adult games grew out of Japanese manga/anime culture, their harem trope was often about women joining the male's household with full knowledge of the other women, I mean females (since many were not human) there. This "Tom Jones" style rake (take that Ken Jennings!) trope is definitely part of Western literature.

I've just barely gotten started with this game. All this discussion is making me (dare I say it?) hesitate to commit to A.O.A Academy. I was irritated with the way Melody forced you to commit to the Melody exclusively to get the best ending (even though all parties were happy in the arrangement) and I was shocked at how easy it was to lose everything in Babysitter.

Last edited:

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
I've just barely gotten started with this game. All this discussion is making me (dare I say it?) hesitate to commit to A.O.A Academy. I was irritated with the way Melody forced you to commit to the Melody exclusively to get the best ending (even though all parties were happy in the arrangement) and I was shocked at how easy it was to lose everything in Babysitter.
Don't let all this hub bub dissuade you from committing to playing this game. It really is a good game at the end of the day, one of the better ones at that. You'd really be missing out if you didn't play through it even with where it currently ends right now. In actuality, that would be a perfect stopping point for anyone on the fence about the game as a whole, I would say.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Don't let all this hub bub dissuade you from committing to playing this game. It really is a good game at the end of the day, one of the better ones at that. You'd really be missing out if you didn't play through it even with where it currently ends right now. In actuality, that would be a perfect stopping point for anyone on the fence about the game as a whole, I would say.
I'm not to the point of deleting it (I've only done that with a few games), but I'll probably leave it in my queue of games for a bit while I play others. If it is as good as promised, it will quickly rise up in priority. Unlike some users I've seen on the forums, I don't need to have all my boxes checked every time...

Reactions: WerewolfSinX

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
I'm not to the point of deleting it (I've only done that with a few games), but I'll probably leave it in my queue of games for a bit while I play others. If it is as good as promised, it will quickly rise up in priority. Unlike some users I've seen on the forums, I don't need to have all my boxes checked every time...
Just be aware doing so for this game and visiting this forum will more than likely lead to spoilers with the game. Would be my only reason for suggesting you try and play it through as soon as you have some free time so that what is said here doesn't take away from the game experience once you do decide to tackle it.

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes