Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Just be aware doing so for this game and visiting this forum will more than likely lead to spoilers with the game. Would be my only reason for suggesting you try and play it through as soon as you have some free time so that what is said here doesn't take away from the game experience once you do decide to tackle it.
Very good point!

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
Do you think there will be more lewd content in the next episode, so far there hasn't been much (only Jade scenes and she is just ok).

Also who are your Top 3 favourite girls so far, for me its:

1. Jenny
2. Vicky
3. Valery

Last edited:

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
The game has perfectly set you up with Ashley. I dont seen how and why would anyone go for another female character.

Honestly I tried going for Jenny, but Ashleys sad reactions are just too heart breaking.
Not to mention how territorial Ashley is. SHe may talk about how she doesnt want to force you to be with her, but anytime you are around other female characters, she always acts territorial and tries to be as close to you as possible. Its a real nice touch by the dev in my opinion.
But this totally kills your mood to go for other female characters, at least for me.

This whole childhood friend thing with Ashley is just too perfect. Also its super sweet how you take your time and dont rush. An ideal relationship.

Jenny is emotionally unstable, has feelings for a dead dude that looks like you, and she is probably not a virgin.
Meanwhile Asheley is a virgin, has feelings only for you, and is perfectly stable with no trauma or anything, is your childhood friend.

Truth is...the game was rigged from the start :D

Makes me wonder why this has a "harem" tag at all ...
I like Ashley too but I think Jenny is way more interesting (Ashley while cute is too much like the typical childhood friend character. Jenny being emotionally unstable is more unique). I also it doesn't matter if Jenny is not a virgin or not, weird complaint. Also other female characters like Vicky and Valery are great too and I hope they get more focus.

I do agree that Ashley's jealous reactions are kind of sad. I was hoping you could do more with her even if you are romancing Jenny (its not like you are a couple yet) but the game basically gets rid of Ashley scenes apart from her looking jealous lol

Reactions: Aristos and Awry90

Josus Joestar

Jun 14, 2020
Do you think there will be more lewd content in the next episode, so far there hasn't been much (only Jade scenes and she is just ok).

1. Jenny
2. Vicky
3. Valery
Mine is
1 Ashley (easy no.1 after finished playthrough multiple routes.)
2 Jenny
3 Vicky/Rebecca

3rd position is tied, I'll have to wait for more episodes to be released.

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021

1. Jenny
2. Vicky
3. Valery
1a. Ashley
1b. Valery
7. Rebecca
10. Aurora

Don't really care about any of the other girls. Maybe Vicky a little because of her dick brother and her situation.

valuthil915

Jul 20, 2019
"P Lounge" scene where you're picking up clothes, the walkthrough says click up arrow to go see Jenny. There is no up arrow anywhere on the screen, and nowhere to go other than back and forth between lounge and dining room. Game is stuck here.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Is it just me or is this game underrated here, this thread is pretty dead.
I personally think it is. I know this game has a lot of competition when it comes to the setting of it but I think once the game gets further developed hopefully more people will flock to it. I personally came here because I wanted to replace BaD and I'm very happy I did. People might think it's a rip off of that game (or the "poor-man's version" of it,) but I disagree. It might not be as in-depth as that game (tests, classes, hell week, etc) but the girls are all attractive, the renders are really good, and so far the story is interesting (maybe a little generic) but it's still a good game.

It does restrict LI routes very early on but I personally don't mind it. I also think it's tagged incorrectly for one category but that's my opinion. Hopefully like I said, once this game gets more meat on it, I think it'll get more attention.

Reactions: Journey95

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
It is very heavily praised here in the thread, but it's only had 2 real updates, and the dev is mostly absent here. I think that is the main reason it isn't that popular yet.

The render quality is amazing, and almost all of the characters are quite compelling so far, though they could use a lot more individual character depth. But the game is just getting started, so we will see. With so many characters already, it is going to be difficult to really have a lot of depth, with with each one, unfortunately. I would have preferred 3 or 4 max, but that is just me. Others like to have dozens of LIs, with more superficial characters, to choose from (see WVM or Echhi Sensei for an extreme example, with 50+ LIs).

I think it is clear that "family" stories get the most attention here, so it doesn't surprise me that yet another college story doesn't immediately get a huge amount of popularity.

It is getting pretty good income on Patreon. About 2/3rs of the game Radiant, which blew up here like crazy, and also has just 2 updates.

I think the dev is taking things at his own pace, but updates every other month or more frequently, on some predictable schedule, and frequent postings on F95 BSing with the fans, would do a lot, I think, to make this game more popular, and lead to more Patreon support. Plus, with some teases of a more intricate story in the near future, and lots of content planned, I am confident AOA Academy will get more and more popular.

For me, it is impossible not to see the many comparisons with Being A Dik, starting with Jenny's model of course, but for me AoA takes the best qualities of Being a Dik, without all the BS of annoying minigames, unnecessary character drama, and silly college stereotypes that weigh BaD down, and make it a technical marvel, but not a lot of fun to play, IMO. AOA is a breath of fresh air, and I am very much looking forward to seeing what is to come.

Last edited:

van321

Jan 7, 2021

1. Jenny
2. Vicky
3. Valery
1. Vicky
2. Rebecca
3. Ashley

Valery is #4. Poor girl. Honestly, this is a game where I find all of the LIs endearing, even Jade. TLG does an amazing job with facial expressions, so it's impossible to not enjoy seeing a character's happiness, or feel a character's pain.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
With only a couple updates I'd say this one is dead on track to become a runaway.. I've played the intro more then a handful of times just because of the emotions it pulls out of you.. Pretty damn sure this is one of those that Patreon support will turn into a full time gig. I'm happy for the DEV.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
It is very heavily praised here in the thread, but it's only had 2 real updates, and the dev is mostly absent here. I think that is the main reason it isn't that popular yet.

The render quality is amazing, and almost all of the characters are quite compelling so far, though they could use a lot more individual character depth. But the game is just getting started, so we will see. With so many characters already, it is going to be difficult to really have a lot of depth, with with each one, unfortunately. I would have preferred 3 or 4 max, but that is just me. Others like to have dozens of LIs, with more superficial characters, to choose from (see WVM or Echhi Sensei for an extreme example, with 50+ LIs).

I think it is clear that "family" stories get the most attention here, so it doesn't surprise me that yet another college story doesn't immediately get a huge amount of popularity.
Yes, it seems that many out there are "family," even if you have to squint a bit. Unfortunately, there is a contingent that will not rest until every VN on this forum has incest. It's been a plague on the WVM thread lately.

Ultralazuli

Jul 8, 2018
I am genuinely enjoying this game, which is strange because I usually hate DAZ3d games.

But I'm a bit curious, because it seems like there's lewd content in this game, but aside from Jade's request of basically wanting to bone the shit out of me (and seeing a bugged text from her implying we did when i did not on my valery/ashley route), i haven't actually seen any lewd content. Seems a bit....strange, but I think the route I chose is narratively compatico with the events and choices that transpired, so I'm not necessarily mad at that.

It also seems like if I were closer with Jenny I might have been able to get from her what she was talking about with Val up in her room on the third day. But I don't have a lot of points with jenny because she's not that interesting to me. I'm torn as to whether I should get this knowledge because on one hand, I want to know, it draws me deeper into the lore of the game and I'm sure will make Valery a significantly more interesting character. But at the same time, it's not really realistic, and there seems to be a pretty strong impetus for realism in this game.

Either way, looking forward to more on that route, and the eventual battle for affection between Ashley and Valery. As an old school romantic, I commend thee for thine work, well done crafting a believable and entertaining title.

Oh, and P.S., Vicky needs a lot more screen time, and the MC's body looks like he was a victim of 1st or 2nd degree burns.

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes