SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
What I think a lot players are missing is that at the end of Chapter 2
All our relationships with the main LIs ( Ashley, Jade, Jenny and Valery )changed.
Now they seem unsure, Like that they are afraid of making a wrong move.

As for Vicky: Letting her share your bed was like a promise,
But I get a feeling that Vicky is NOT a LI But as a "Bro Interest "
In that she needs/wants a Best Friend,
Someone she can trust and turn to when she need help.
And who would also trust her and would not afraid to seek her help when needed.
Considering what happens in Chapter 3, which I will say is kinda soon for drama a bit, it does kinda put everyone in a spot where we want to show interest yet at the same time we want to be there for someone be it romantically or as friend. Plus it's kinda too soon for real relationship to truly form. Hint at and suggest, sure, but legit perma, nah.

With Vicky though, I kinda agree with that she might want a best friend/brofriend, but at the same time I kinda feel like she does kind want a little bit romance in her life with someone that isn't an asshole or a dick to her.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
Yes it does, because Valerie's past abuse is actually depicted. Like I said, play the game to argue about the content. Your educated guesses are leading nowhere.

Oh look, an ad absurdum. No, I don't care if it's consensual and in the past. IN. THE. PAST! Not PRESENTLY DEPICTED.
Have you actually read my comment?

Lets see, let me quote it -
Valery isn't in anyway romantically attached to the main character before she was abused so it definitely doesn't count. It's just straight up sexual abuse.

I think you're talking Valery's sexual abuse way too personal. You have to remember that this is part of her characterization, now your criticism of the way her characterization is handled is pretty valid but I don't think you should be angry with the fact that she was raped.
How is any of this a reduction to absurdity, your argument that valery's depiction of post-rape as ntr is no way near right because that's not ntr at all. Do you just count intercourse with a LI and another, whether consensual or not as ntr because it wasn't with the main character?

How is this a source of grievance or alienating for non-ntr fans anyway when it's not even ntr in the first place?

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
90% of men in this game are total perverts so I wouldn't be that surprised if we learn Jenny got raped as well.

BUT:

- Jenny getting raped by person who adopted her is too similar to Valery's story, do we really need to replay the same story over & over again, this dev ought to be more original than that.
- Jenny's backstory focuses on her brain tumor & her inability to sleep, to shift the focus from that to her getting raped by some degenerate is in such poor taste.

*Also, the dev imagining a dude adopting a little girl who just went through hell, a girl who already gave up on life only to rape her is beyond fucked up. I don't think he'll do it.

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
Have you actually read my comment?

Lets see, let me quote it -

How is any of this a reduction to absurdity, your argument that valery's depiction of post-rape as ntr is no way near right because that's not ntr at all. Do you just count intercourse with a LI and another, whether consensual or not as ntr because it wasn't with the main character?

How is this a source of grievance or alienating for non-ntr fans anyway when it's not even ntr in the first place?
Dude, I've literally quoted two separate comments from two different people and replied them in the same comment, do you even know how to forum? Because you certainly don't know how to peruse content before discussing it...

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
90% of men in this game are total perverts so I wouldn't be that surprised if we learn Jenny got raped as well.

BUT:

- Jenny getting raped by person who adopted her is too similar to Valery's story, do we really need to replay the same story over & over again, this dev ought to be more original than that.
- Jenny's backstory focuses on her brain surgery & her inability to sleep, to shift the focus from that to her getting raped by some degenerate is in such poor taste.

*Also, the dev imagining a dude adopting a little girl who just went through hell, a girl who already gave up on life only to rape her is beyond fucked up. I don't think he'll do it.
Yes, it's fucked up beyond belief, just wait for it... the only way it won't happen now is if the developer retcons it, which would be easy, because so far there are only implications. (I made this a separate comment so Soundgfx stops being confused)

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
Dude, I've literally quoted two separate comments from two different people and replied them in the same comment, do you even know how to forum? Because you certainly don't know how to peruse content before discussing it...
Oh I'm actually using my phone at the moment and the UI is kinda shitty.

Reactions: doe50818

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
What is the Gold Patch? Is it an IC patch or something? I'm just curious if I should DL it or not.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020

BUT:

- Jenny's backstory focuses on her brain tumor & her inability to sleep, to shift the focus from that to her getting raped by some degenerate is in such poor taste.

It'd be kinda crap if they all got raped, sure sexual abuse could be a compelling way to draw some juices for character development like overcoming their trauma and whatnot but that's kinda boring if they all had experienced something similar and all the main character had to do was show them some real love and affection for them to overcome it, it works once but it'd be boring if that's all it takes for all of them to get naked.

It could work tho but judging from the way most people are reacting the beta version, I doubt it's working well.

Reactions: doe50818

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
I will agree with you that there should 100% be some “normal girls” too in the story and as for i can see/know all the girls outside of Jenny's circle seem to fit that for now at least the only one who seems to possibly have been through something is Vic
Honestly the darker themes and the abuse aren't really the issue. I don't even mind the slow burn aspect but the contrast between the different girls is just too violent. On one side, we have Ashley & Sung Ji whom for now have no story or issue beyond their insecurities and Vicky with her minor issue with the jackass and jealous brother. And on the other side, we have Jenny's group facing issue honestly far beyond MC's reach like dealing with a fucking mafia organisation and a Frank Underwood wannabe trying to destroy Jenny and MC's futur with money, blackmail and shady relation and who knows what the future holds with Rebekka and Jade. Ashley's group and their minor issues look like secondary characters totally irrelevant with the more important dark plots.

This whole Cartel storyline is too forced. It's ten times bigger than the whole drugs & prostitution ring, or religious jerk father in BADIK. Right now, the game's trying to be too many things at once. It's just feel like you're confronted with sad backstory on repeat without really getting any story with half of the others characters like Ashley's group. If we'll have to deal with every girl personal trauma one by one while Ashley, Sung Ji, Vicky and Elizabeth remain satellite characters it's gonna be quickly repetitive and frustrating.

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
Honestly the darker themes and the abuse aren't really the issue. I don't even mind the slow burn aspect but the contrast between the different girls is just too violent. On one side, we have Ashley & Sung Ji whom for now have no story or issue beyond their insecurities and Vicky with her minor issue with the jackass and jealous brother. And on the other side, we have Jenny's group facing issue honestly far beyond MC's reach like dealing with a fucking mafia organisation and a Frank Underwood wannabe trying to destroy Jenny and MC's futur with money, blackmail and shady relation and who knows what the future holds with Rebekka and Jade. Ashley's group and their minor issues look like secondary characters totally irrelevant with the more important dark plots.

This whole Cartel storyline is too forced. It's ten times bigger than the whole drugs & prostitution ring, or religious jerk father in BADIK. Right now, the game's trying to be too many things at once. It's just feel like you're confronted with sad backstory on repeat without really getting any story with half of the others characters like Ashley's group. If we'll have to deal with every girl personal trauma one by one while Ashley, Sung Ji, Vicky and Elizabeth remain satellite characters it's gonna be quickly repetitive and frustrating.
Well, the darker themes and abuse really aren't the issue, playing the rape rebound guy for 1-2 girls is fine. Hell it was the entire theme of Avalon and it was fine. But for half a dozen? Pass...

Reactions: acondo

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
It's just feel like you're confronted with sad backstory on repeat without really getting any story with half of the others characters like Ashley's group. If we'll have to deal with every girl personal trauma one by one while Ashley, Sung Ji, Vicky and Elizabeth remain satellite characters it's gonna be quickly repetitive and frustrating.
I actually wrote something similar to this a couple pages back, anyone outside of jenny's group are kind of satellite love interests at this point.

Aurora's problems are kinda interesting ngl, it feels like a set up for a reverse notting hill situation, she's like a bad version of julia roberts' character that no one wants. But it's a shame she'll probably be put on a bus to make way for the ridiculous amount of love interest in this game.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
It could work tho but judging from the way most people are reacting the beta version, I doubt it's working well.
I don't think his fanbase would appreciate that type of storytelling.

Pretty sure jenny is a fan favourite, something tells me lots of patrons will drop the game if that happens.

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
So unless the mc suddenly becomes Bryan Mills or John Wick I don't see how He/us the players are going to deal with this cartel business.
I think people are allowing themselves to be fooled into believing this cartel storyline has stakes.

No permanent harm will come to anyone that matters. At most, some recently introduced side character with minimal buy-in will be killed off for shock factor.

MC and the LIs have 12-inch thick plot armor. This is probably why the lack of progression with the LIs annoyed me so much, alongside the sudden personality changes.

People have to make a habit of seeing the forest for the trees.

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
I don't think his fanbase would appreciate that type of storytelling.

Pretty sure jenny is a fan favourite, something tells me lots of patrons will drop the game if that happens.
Seriously, it should be exclusively Val's shtick and let the other characters damn be, just come up with better (i.e. more diverse) backstories for them and drop this "similar circumstances" dialogue from this beta.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
just come up with better (i.e. more diverse) backstories for them and drop this "similar circumstances" dialogue from this beta.
i think maybe the "similar circumstances" aspect refers to something else other than rape, more like bad rep & inability to adapt to society.

Rebecca is ashamed of some embarrassing public event that ruined her career.
Valery is known as the girl who murdered her rapist uncle.
Jade was a prostitute so her rep was always shit, but i'm sure there's more to her than that.
Even Aurora has bad rep, everyone makes fun of her acting talents.

Reactions: Ahchi

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020
Seriously, it should be exclusively Val's shtick and let the other characters damn be, just come up with better (i.e. more diverse) backstories for them and drop this "similar circumstances" dialogue from this beta.
Well i'd say there are a couple differences there is Liz who from what we can tell had a thing with a Student a couple years before Vic Rebecca and Aurora have problems yes but so far i haven't really gotten the impression that it has anything to do with abuse at least not sexual so far the only ones we know for a fact has been raped/forced is Val and Jade yes there are perhaps hints with some of the others but there isn't anything like seeing Val on that bed nor like Jade going into detail about what happened to her

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
i think maybe the "similar circumstances" aspect refers to something else other than rape, more like bad rep & inability to adapt to society.

Rebecca is ashamed of some embarrassing public event that ruined her career.
Valery is known as the girl who murdered her rapist uncle.
Jade was a prostitute so her rep was always shit, but i'm sure there's more to her than that.
Even Aurora has bad rep, everyone makes fun of her acting talents.
Jenny made the MC promise not to tell anyone after she divulged this new information. We already knew about Val and Jade, but if the "similar circumstances" would be this overt for the rest of them, the "similar circumstances" part wouldn't need to be kept secret. The hints for this commonality being sexual assault are all there. Especially for Jenny and Aurora.

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020
i will agree that the whole Mc taking on a cratel thing is a bit much at least this early into the game but imo it does also make it its own thing other than the girls ofc

Reactions: SerHawkes
4.10 star(s) 231 Votes