Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
I think people are allowing themselves to be fooled into believing this cartel storyline has stakes.

No permanent harm will come to anyone that matters. At most, some recently introduced side character with minimal buy-in will be killed off for shock factor.

MC and the LIs have 12-inch thick plot armor. This is probably why the lack of progression with the LIs annoyed me so much, alongside the sudden personality changes.

People have to make a habit of seeing the forest for the trees.
That's a misquote,
It's about people NOT being able to see the forest because of the trees.
As for the MC or the LIs being safe; I would not be too sure about that.
Remember there IS a point in the Prologue where a choice will suddenly End the game !.

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
Rebecca made the MC promise not to tell anyone about her past music career. No sexual abuse hint there, unless we make up shit & try to construct a narrative.
At least I'm not cherry-picking to build an argument. I'm looking at the whole picture. Care to explain Jenny? This deluded paranoid peasant would be much obliged.

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
That's a misquote,
It's about people NOT being able to see the forest because of the trees.
As for the MC or the LIs being safe; I would not be too sure about that.
Remember there IS a point in the Prologue where a choice will suddenly End the game !.
Offing characters you haven't picked as love interests is nothing new, we've seen it in Acting Lessons, no reason why it shouldn't happen here.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
At least I'm not cherry-picking to build an argument. I'm looking at the whole picture. Care to explain Jenny? This deluded paranoid peasant would be much obliged.
what am i cherry picking, valery's & jade's past has been hinted since 1st chapter, it was easy to guess from back then that valery was raped.

becky's & jenny's flashback didn't imply that they were raped.

From what I've seen from Jenny so far she is daydreaming about her days in the hospital, that's what traumatized her the most. Did the father come & rape her in the hospital?

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020
what am i cherry picking, valery's & jade's past has been hinted since 1st chapter, it was easy to guess from back then that valery was raped.

From what I've seen from Jenny so far she is daydreaming about her days in the hospital, that's what traumatized her the most. Did the father come & rape her in the hospital?
i don't think Jenny was raped at all if anything the reason she hesitates and why so many of the others girls do too is cause they don't feel like they deserve to be happy cause of their past whether if it's because of rape and being treated like shit like with Val and Jade or someone giving their life for you when you had already pretty much accepted you were going to die as with Jenny

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
From the clues in the dialogue,
Rebecca backstory could be:-
Rebecca had a relationship with person "X"
Person "X" had a relationship with person "Y"
(We do not know if Rebecca was aware of this relationship)
Person "Y" did not handle Rebecca's relationship with "X" well (May have self harmed)
(it is possible that Rebecca was close to person "Y".)

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
i don't think Jenny was raped at all if anything the reason she hesitates and why so many of the others girls do too is cause they don't feel like they deserve to be happy cause of their past whether if it's because of rape and being treated like shit like with Val and Jade or someone giving their life for you when you had already pretty much accepted you were going to die as with Jenny
I agree, IMO the common denominator between all the girls from Jenny's group is that none of them believe they deserve happiness cause of some shitty event that ruined their life.

I actually believe Jenny's story is about her tumor resurfacing & her attempt to live a meaningful life with someone she loves before eventually dying.

Her story would be ruined if it becomes about overcoming rape, also oddly enough Jenny told her brother not to talk shit about their father, bizarre stance to have in regards to someone that raped her.

Last edited:

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020
I agree, IMO the common denominator between all the girls from Jenny's group is that none of them believe they deserve happiness cause of some shitty event that ruined their life.

I actually believe Jenny's story is about her tumor resurfacing & her attempt to live a meaningful life with someone she loves before eventually dying.

Her story would be ruined if it becomes about overcoming rape.
That would definitely be a sad twist for sure :cry:there is definitely a lot more she's not telling the Mc other than Dylan could be something about her cancer/tumor as you said or maybe something else related to her family

Reactions: drooopy

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
The game has had the harem tag until very recently idk why its been removed and if u use the multi mod to check points for the girls there is one called Ash love and one called Ash harem now i'm not saying that Ash for certain has issues but it would be kinda weird imo if she was the only one out of all the girls who didn't have any kind of issues with her past in the story at somepoint at least doesn't need to be something as crazy as Val ofc but all the girls seem to have some kind of emotional baggage they are dealing with or something that's bothering them with the exception of Sung and Ash for now
The only thing I can remember that Ashley was sad about was the MC telling her to leave from Old town and now that he is back she wanted him to re-kindle the relationship. Her mother was also reported to no have wanted her, these could be considered issues - maybe, but they are all resolved, maybe she was the first to have her issues resolved if you fall for her???

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
That would definitely be a sad twist for sure :cry:there is definitely a lot more she's not telling the Mc other than Dylan could be something about her cancer/tumor as you said or maybe something else related to her family
Hopefully Jenny will not have a re-0ccurence with the tumer, her main problem is that her father albeit her adopted father is dying and her brother is a prick who wishes to steal the entire company from her and the whites - he should die at the hands of the cartel, and then she would inherit it all

Reactions: tlarsen

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The adopted father is a douche who had his main business partner promise his daughter, the light of his life, to Adam.

Rebbecca might have a similar situation with the dad ”friend” who talked to her like he was some sort of suitor,
possibly he asked her from her derranged parents who promissed her to this family friend.

Who knows what shady deals this adopted father did with other business partners about Jenny.

Should this be the way of the rich and powerful in this game, I really wanna save all these gurls from that.
Rebecca made the MC promise not to tell anyone about her past music career. No sexual abuse hint there, unless we make up shit & try to construct a narrative.
From the clues in the dialogue,
Rebecca backstory could be:-
Rebecca had a relationship with person "X"
Person "X" had a relationship with person "Y"
(We do not know if Rebecca was aware of this relationship)
Person "Y" did not handle Rebecca's relationship with "X" well (May have self harmed)
(it is possible that Rebecca was close to person "Y".)

Her story would be ruined if it becomes about overcoming rape, also oddly enough Jenny told her brother not to talk shit about their father, bizarre stance to have in regards to someone that raped her.
Hopefully Jenny will not have a re-0ccurence with the tumer, her main problem is that her father albeit her adopted father is dying and her brother is a prick who wishes to steal the entire company from her and the whites - he should die at the hands of the cartel, and then she would inherit it all

Reactions: BGRW2020

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020

NO Jenny was in a hospital awaiting the operation from someone that wanted to adopt her, her best friend Dylan was there too, the hints are that she was cured but he was not, she looks at the MC as a Dylan replacement, he looks like him etc...

Sep 3, 2020
no no no I will not accept that I want to marry Jenny I want a happy life with Jenny

that would be a hundred times worse than acting lessons

mc already lost his father

please developer don't take away my Jenny I couldn't take it

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Only Valery has psicho tendencies .. she would endure and relapse all at once.
I only hope Jade makes them see the good life telling it like it is means for each and every girl.
no no no I will not accept that I want to marry Jenny I want a happy life with Jenny

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
Only Valery has psicho tendencies .. she would endure and relapse all at once.
I only hope Jade makes them see the good life telling it like it is means for each and every girl.
Not sure I would say Valery / Rosa has psycho tendencies, she went psycho only because her own father sexually abused her and I believe it was hinted that she was also abused in the different cartel hideouts - she did the only thing she could and struck back by killing her father in a fit of rage, also Jade may be somewhat level headed but she was a prostitute for many years possibly from childhood, she is hardended to the world can help keep them calm but she as well needs help

Reactions: SerHawkes

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020

Trust me my friend i want Jenny to have a happy ending as well as all the other girls too and i dont think this game will get anywhere near as sad/depressing as Acting lessons did at least not when it comes to the endgame yes we will have sad/uncomfortable moments but i do think the end will be positive or at least i hope:oops:

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes