Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
It makes me all kinds of pissed off when it takes months into a game to find out that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As far as where the story's at it's only valery and jade.

I haven't played beta yet because I'm waiting for gold but i have no idea why Valery's rape counts as ntr, a lot of people define it as a subgenre of infidelity, Valery isn't in anyway romantically attached to the main character before she was abused so it definitely doesn't count. It's just straight up sexual abuse.

I think you're talking Valery's sexual abuse way too personal. You have to remember that this is part of her characterization, now your criticism of the way her characterization is handled is pretty valid but I don't think you should be angry with the fact that she was raped.

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020

I haven't played beta yet because I'm waiting for gold but i have no idea why Valery's rape counts as ntr, a lot of people define it as a subgenre of infidelity, Valery isn't in anyway romantically attached to the main character before she was abused so it definitely doesn't count. It's just straight up sexual abuse.

I think you're talking Valery's sexual abuse way too personal. You have to remember that this is part of her characterization, now your criticism of the way her characterization is handled is pretty valid but I don't think you should be angry with the fact that she was raped.
Then stop making wordy replies based on assumptions and play the actual game. I played the beta and reacted to gameplay content in the beta.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
Then stop making wordy replies based on assumptions and play the actual game. I played the beta and reacted to gameplay content in the beta.
Sure, maybe of all of them have had sexual abuse history

But that doesn't affect the rest of my argument.

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020

People who don't like Ntr will call out anything where someone else had sex with her even before the Mc even meet her doesn't matter if it was consensual or rape hell the lass in question doesn't even need to be a LI for some to complain

Reactions: Dragon59

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
Sure, maybe of all of them have had sexual abuse history

But that doesn't affect the rest of my argument.
Yes it does, because Valerie's past abuse is actually depicted. Like I said, play the game to argue about the content. Your educated guesses are leading nowhere.

People who don't like Ntr will call out anything where someone else had sex with her even before the Mc even meet her doesn't matter if it was consensual or rape hell the lass in question doesn't even need to be a LI for some to complain
Oh look, an ad absurdum. No, I don't care if it's consensual and in the past. IN. THE. PAST! Not PRESENTLY DEPICTED.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
My man, take a chill.

With Val, it's not NTR by no means. It's explaining her backstory in a tragic manner. No more, no less.

Jade, who also has a similar story, is also tragic and it is meant to simply tell their story. That's it.

I get it, to be emotional about a character's back story, been there more times than naught. But at the same time, it's just a game and a means to tell a portion of the story that creates and builds that character, portraying them in a different light and manner. Its story build. And not every story/character is going to be sunshine and rainbows.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
There's rushed and then there's stagnate. Every part of the game is moving incredibly slow. Its coming up ion 10 months of development and you can kiss one woman and have one-off "sexy time" with one other. You and I seem to have a very different definition of rushed.
You can have sex with Jadetwice,
also also after the second time you get a chance to kiss her.
(I believe the kiss is Very important ie like the promises that other LIs wanted)

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
You can have sex with Jadetwice,
also also after the second time you get a chance to kiss her.
(I believe the kiss is Very important ie like the promises that other LIs wanted)
Jadey twice over while teasing us with a thirdy.

But I agree, kissing is kinda like promises that down the road. That we are showing interest and with intent to cash in those chips at a later date.

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020
It was always very clear imo since ep 1 that this game was going to involve Sexual abuse and thereby be a darker themed game so unless you're a newcomer to this game there's no real reason for you to complain now about it's involvement

Reactions: SerHawkes

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
It was always very clear imo since ep 1 that this game was going to involve Sexual abuse and thereby be a darker themed game so unless you're a newcomer to this game there's no real reason for you to complain now about it's involvement
Selectively with one or two characters, sure, no problem, loved to play Avalon. But
of all the romanceable characters? Don't you think that's a little bit too much?

• Thinking Face

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Selectively with one or two characters, sure, no problem, loved to play Avalon. But 5/8 of all the romanceable characters? Don't you think that's a little bit too much?
Let's see...
Val, Jade for sure. Everyone else is up in the air. And oh yeah, this is the BETA, which means things might or might not change. If you are this entirely upset by this story, this game might not just be for you. Plain and simple.

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
Let's see...
Val, Jade for sure. Everyone else is up in the there certainly. And oh yeah, this is the BETA, which means things might or might not change. If you are this entirely upset by this story, this game might not just be for you. Plain and simple.
I'm "upset" by an individual character flair becoming a repetitive theme, it devolves the story content, which we all enjoyed, into an almost cookie-cutter ensemble of me picking up the broken pieces and putting together what's left. With all of them.

By the way add Jenny to that list. With her comment in the beta about all the girls in her group being in similar circumstances, and her sudden change in mood being called a slut the first scene you encounter her, that's completely obvious now. Daddy was diddling her 99%.

Last edited:
  • Haha

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020
Selectively with one or two characters, sure, no problem, loved to play Avalon. But
of all the romanceable characters? Don't you think that's a little bit too much?
I will agree with you that there should 100% be some “normal girls” too in the story and as for i can see/know all the girls outside of Jenny's circle seem to fit that for now at least the only one who seems to possibly have been through something is Vic

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I'm "upset" by an individual character flair becoming a repetitive theme, it devolves the story content, which we all enjoyed, into an almost cookie-cutter ensemble of me picking up the broken pieces and putting together what's left. With all of them.
Again, this is the BETA. From until the final version, it may change with some of the characters backstory. It might not. Thats for the dev to decide. It's their story.

And in terms of "devolves" the story not is up to each of the players and their own opinions. For me, I don't mind the tragicness of what happened. It adds that characters character and how appropriately I want to care for them and such.

And like I said before: If you are this upset with this game, you don't have to play it. The dev isn't going to cater to everyone wishes and hopes. If they want to have a semi darkish story yet turns happy and hopefully by the end, so be it.

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020
Again, this is the BETA. From until the final version, it may change with some of the characters backstory. It might not. Thats for the dev to decide. It's their story.

And in terms of "devolves" the story not is up to each of the players and their own opinions. For me, I don't mind the tragicness of what happened. It adds that characters character and how appropriately I want to care for them and such.

And like I said before: If you are this upset with this game, you don't have to play it. The dev isn't going to cater to everyone wishes and hopes. If they want to have a semi darkish story yet turns happy and hopefully by the end, so be it.
If you don't like it, don't have it, is such a cop-out argument, don't you agree? There are numerous ways the developer could have communicated that this will be a common theme with these 5 girls, that they share this one thing from their past.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
Jadey twice over while teasing us with a thirdy.

But I agree, kissing is kinda like promises that down the road. That we are showing interest and with intent to cash in those chips at a later date.
What I think a lot players are missing is that at the end of Chapter 2
All our relationships with the main LIs ( Ashley, Jade, Jenny and Valery )changed.
Now the LIs seem unsure, Like that they are afraid of making a wrong move.

As for Vicky: Letting her share your bed was like a promise,
But I get a feeling that Vicky is NOT a LI But as a "Bro Interest "
In that she needs/wants a Best Friend,
Someone she can trust and turn to when she need help.
And who would also trust her and would not afraid to seek her help when needed.

• Thinking Face

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
I will agree with you that there should 100% be some “normal girls” too in the story and as for i can see/know all the girls outside of Jenny's circle seem to fit that for now at least the only one who seems to possibly have been through something is Vic
Eh... kinda, same with Ash though. But at the same time that would lead to more 'side chicks' and such and might take away from the other lovely ladies that deserve our attention.

Reactions: tlarsen
4.10 star(s) 231 Votes