Cool'Thulhu

Sep 24, 2017
Since when this game is harem?
I'm mean, i must be doing something very wrong cause there a lot of "lock choices" like:
Jenny date/Ash "study" or Jenny upstairs/Valery stay
Don't get me wrong, i like the game the pace that things happens but excluding some few "side scenes", there is no harem happening anytime soon, maybe threesomes or even foursomes in a long run, but full harem? at this pace? only if this game have 50 chapters....

Reactions: SahilSingh34

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
I think his comments are being taken too literal. See it as banter and you'll get where he's coming from.

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
I'm mean, i must be doing something very wrong cause there a lot of "lock choices" like:
Don't get me wrong, i like the game the pace that things happens but excluding some few "side scenes", there is no harem happening anytime soon, maybe threesomes or even foursomes in a long run, but full harem? at this pace? only if this game have 50 chapters....
I could be wrong but he could be going for a Freeloading Family style finale where the major choice comes at the end. But for all content you may need a few play threws.... Maybe.

Reactions: Vollezar

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
I could be wrong but he could be going for a Freeloading Family style finale where the major choice comes at the end. But for all content you may need a few play threws.... Maybe.
God i hope not cause the 'finale' of FF is nothing but hot garbage, this I hope doesnt go that way since its already on drama overload as of this chapter....

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
We have been Warned by the developer that there will be NO "FULL" harem !
We also received hints to this in game via "The Dreams"

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Ya I do wonder what the plan is for the harem. Since Jenny is my #1 and we're sort of getting some content with her now it makes me wonder...is something going to happen to up-end the 'relationship' the MC can build with her at this point to essentially make him 'single' or what exactly...I'd love to continue pursuing Elizabeth also, she is my 2nd-fav but not sure how the storyline will allow this sort of thing or not and still be sensible. I'm guessing I may just have to have separate playthroughs at some point down the road.

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Asking that question is also sad.
What is sad is shaming someone for loving another, even if that "another" it's just a character in a game. Real life people are often no less fake then a game character. Except, when IRL people are being fake it's in the worst possible way.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
"If you used modded versions on the previous releases, old saves will be broken."
What about the mod that fixed the bugs of chapter 2 by making it possible to get on Valery's path?
So I just restarted the game from scratch since I was told that I had to because I used a mod to fix the bug that kept you from entering Valery's path in chapter 2
Sorry I didn't see your original post as you hadn't quoted/tagged me.

No you didn't need to restart the game, the Ch.2 Gold R1 hotfixes does not break old saves. The devs comments were probably aimed at walkthrough/multi-mods which directly edit/replace the scripts & can present issues with save compatibility (which the hotfix largely doesn't do).

TLG fixed most of the things it addressed, except for unlocking a beta tester render & studying with Aurora. I'm looking at updating the hotfix for bugs in Ch3.
Because of:

1. A dev Patreon post which said it's a harem:
3. HAREM

Yes
. But not necessarily in the way you might expect. It's a bit complicated, but I hope that everyone is patient enough to see where it goes.
2. There's literally a harem variable in game as of Ch2:
Seems likely, there's a bAshHarem variable in this release.
3. TLG reiterated there are harem paths going forward a month ago:
I wanted to explore each of the character's past and relationships before eventually moving on to the more 'harem' aspect of the game. I believe this is a better approach to the whole theme of the game as a whole. I don't see a point in rushing a harem where all the characters involved are still dealing with their past problems. Once everyone has dealt with their problems and properly moved on as individuals, then it makes more sense to implement that element of the story.

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
Damnit, after running my Ashley and Jenny paths for their saves I just realised I may have to repeat because I'm playing a modded version of the app where I get all scenes at the first meeting in Jenny's House, then at the bus stop. Can anyone advise if I should stop now and do over with the devs unmodified version or if I should be good with these saves?

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
I wanted to explore each of the character's past and relationships before eventually moving on to the more 'harem' aspect of the game. I believe this is a better approach to the whole theme of the game as a whole. I don't see a point in rushing a harem where all the characters involved are still dealing with their past problems. Once everyone has dealt with their problems and properly moved on as individuals, then it makes more sense to implement that element of the story.
It is understandable that first the story of the characters and their problems should be solved, then comes the big, BUT...

Harem: Yes. But not necessarily in the way you might expect. It's a bit complicated
Yeah, i wonder how that is even going to be implemented.
So far, almost all elementary decisions in the game have excluded paths to the other LI's.
But it's probably exactly the reason, "not necessarily in the way you might expect".

I hope that everyone is patient enough to see where it goes.
What else can we do than wait?
You don't seriously think that's why would stop me from looking at this work of art, do you?

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
A.O.A. Academy Ch.3 Beta Bug Reports for TrueLoveGames

Almost all of the previously reported bugs appear to have been fixed.

The following known issues haven't been resolved:

1. Chapter 1, Gallery image 17 can't be unlocked through normal gameplay.
It's likely this is a reward for Ch 1 beta testers rather than a bug, which may be why TLG hasn't 'fixed' it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2. Requirements to help Aurora during her Ch2 library study session.
------------------------------

The following are newly reported bugs:

3. Wrong variable set when talk to Susan during Ch2 Class Break freeroam.
---------- 2021-07-13 ----------

An additional bug for TrueLoveGames:

4. Wrong conditions in Rebecca's Ch2 scene at Jenny's home [Edit: This bug has been fixed in Ch.3 Gold]
---------- 2021-07-15 ----------

An additional bug for TrueLoveGames:

5. Unreachable dialog in Ch.3 hotel scene when Jenny, Jade & Rebecca are discussing Aurora.
---------- 2021-07-17 ----------

Additional bugs for TrueLoveGames:

6. Wrong character addressed when Jenny talks to Adam about bodyguard.
7. Error with variable indicating sat with Sung Ji at the movies.
8. Error with variables if Rebecca or Jade offer to join Val outside at the hotel.
Fuck. So many flags. Looks like I'll need to start every route AGAIN after CH4 is out.

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
Ashley, Jenny and Valery paths done. Without a doubt these are multiple full stories that just intersect at certain points. It's really impressive and detailed work. If you want the full story you have to play all paths not just your favourite characters. For me there is no balance realistically for a harem at this point maybe future content may bridge the gap for that scenario but until that point players will have to endure multiple play throughs to see everything. Seeing that the final version of this VN could be very large because Val, Ash and Jen's stories are just getting started but you can sense Rebecca's next. Then there are all the other girls stories to cover.....

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes