hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
I don't think the writing is the problem, the decision making, however, is. Reading through the comments and I agree with one about this mafia arc being an endgame type of storyline. It's just too soon for this type of content, it looks comical seeing a guy who barely knows these girls wanting to risk life life for them. Let us build bonds and relationships first.
That's still a "writings" issue. Look even poorly written tv show can be quite entertaining. Look, the game is fun but it's not the best one in there in terms of writing. It took a 360, went from a school drama type to a mafia introduction overnight.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
you want a coherent reason on how a psychopath acts:WaitWhat:
good luck with that but i think you're going to need some long years studying psychology and even then it depends from case to case
Depend which kind you're talking about. Primary psychopath are actually very rational and manipulative individual, often above average in intelligence. You wouldn't even notice them. Adam on the other hand is just a cartoonish character, bragging how much he likes to be evil and see everyone around him suffer.

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

Eric_Draven

Mar 15, 2021
That's still a "writings" issue. Look even poorly written tv show can be quite entertaining. Look, the game is fun but it's not the best one in there in terms of writing. It took a 360, went from a school drama type to a mafia introduction overnight.
As I said before If the mafia arc was towards the end of the game I wouldn't care as much. But it's not, it jumps from the light hearted college game to a heart pounding stressful drama. The mafia arc hasn't been badly written at all to me, it's just too much, too soon. Hence, why I said the problem is on the decision making side. But, agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Fiufia

Jun 25, 2021
Depend which kind you're talking about. Primary psychopath are actually very rational and manipulative individual, often above average in intelligence. You wouldn't even notice them. Adam on the other hand is just a cartoonish character, bragging how much he likes to be evil and see everyone around him suffer.
i think your definition is more of a serial killer. and although many suffer from Psychopathy is not true for all cases.
but I agree with how you describe Adam

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
I don't think the writing is the problem, the decision making, however, is. Reading through the comments and I agree with one about this mafia arc being an endgame type of storyline. It's just too soon for this type of content, it looks comical seeing a guy who barely knows these girls wanting to risk life life for them. Let us build bonds and relationships first.
simp mentality. Barely knows girl. Would do anything for girl anyway. OMG. The MC is a simp. :eek:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC is ”working” for all the babes in the mansion and dating around (going out with girls).
His shtick is sticking to his ”employer” like the brute is to Adam.
He can be fun like p uff di dd y butler or lack luster like wayne mannor butler.
Do you see him as a personal assistant to Jenny?

Reactions: mtspl

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
MC is ”working” for all the babes in the mansion and dating around (going out with girls).
His shtick is sticking to his ”employer” like the brute is to Adam.
He can be fun like p uff di dd y butler or lack luster like wayne mannor butler.
Do you see him as a personal assistant to Jenny?
well
he was forced to this "job" at the beginning (stated this somewhere here)
so yes he is

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
This. If the story itself dropped hints as to what's to come slowly the Mafia plot would've felt better structured to me, if we kept the same pace prior to this arc and saw the mafia plot develop more and more after each update I wouldn't have minded. My problem is a sheltered farm kid was giving too much to deal with, too soon. The decision to just jump right in a violent storyline such as this one, so soon should've been considered more. The MC apparently has a savior complex, I was more concerned with the safety of him than anything. If I knew and cared about people for a certain amount of time, then yes, risking my life for them would seem like a no brainer for me. But to know them for only days? Weeks?

That said, I don't think the writing is bad at all, bad writing gets thrown around a lot but there's a difference to me. If the Mafia arc was total shit and didn't make sense, sure. But from what I've played it's been well executed. Players are just exhausted from it and want it to end if anything.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
We have a real mob assassin who refuses to assasinate for the safety of our girls.
She just would not stop the mob killers.
There is no reason for it.
Then we go to competing mob boss for protesction.
By that point, the contenders should have been dead by our assassin.
She does nothing.
This. If the story itself dropped hints as to what's to come slowly the Mafia plot would've felt better structured to me, if we kept the same pace prior to this arc and saw the mafia plot develop more and more after each update I wouldn't have minded. My problem is a sheltered farm kid was giving too much to deal with, too soon. The decision to just jump right in a violent storyline such as this one, so soon should've been considered more. The MC apparently has a savior complex, I was more concerned with the safety of him than anything. If I knew and cared about people for a certain amount of time, then yes, risking my life for them would seem like a no brainer for me. But to know them for only days? Weeks?

That said, I don't think the writing is bad at all, bad writing gets thrown around a lot but there's a difference to me. If the Mafia arc was total shit and didn't make sense, sure. But from what I've played it's been well executed. Players are just exhausted from it and want it to end if anything.
And without having sex it makes less sense
Awesome female mob assassin with a throbbing revenge agenda would not revenge on her tormentors.
This is so weak for a mob game/movie/series/premise.
Violence in revenge is the mob modus operandi.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC can dish it out - exhibited during Adam office scene.
MC can take all the hits - exhibited all over the bruised previews of game of hurt coming up.
Still waiting on the assassins to ... you know .. assassin like in kill bill and we are good.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
MC can dish it out - exhibited during Adam office scene.
MC can take all the hits - exhibited all over the bruised previews of game of hurt coming up.
Still waiting on the assassins to ... you know .. assassin like in kill bill and we are good.
I'm just waiting to punch Adam in the mouth, Jessica and her father probably have something planned for that weasel also.

Oct 24, 2021

Me being one of them.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
Would be nice to beat up Mr. Arsehole. Currently the MC looks like beat up crap. Should be the other way around. In BADIK I sometimes even feel sorry for Tybalt. But this jerk here...Would so fulfilling to beat the crap out of him...

Reactions: umbrela

umbrela

Jul 21, 2020
Would be nice to beat up Mr. Arsehole. Currently the MC looks like beat up crap. Should be the other way around. In BADIK I sometimes even feel sorry for Tybalt. But this jerk here...Would so fulfilling to beat the crap out of him...
no sorry to Tybalt by me. he is stupid moron, but this dick - truly different league.

• Haha
Reactions: StingerWolf
4.10 star(s) 232 Votes