Fiufia

Jun 25, 2021
We still get nothing and the bastard looking to steal her is already here trying to damage her.

Rebs is a plot for another update, where we can propperly focus on her
and actually get to date her, not just drool around her.
then you will probably be disappointed again. most likely will be another story like Valery. and I hope so because that's what makes this game so good

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
The mob storyline, for me, is just a vehicle for a few things:
1) Something to bring the group closer together.
2) An additional tragic backstory for one of the girls coming back to haunt them.
3) A way to get the brother the opportunity to have the MC kidnapped, and used as leverage against Jenny.
4) Potentially have repercussions in the future for Jenny depending on how things play out, and if she winds up with permanent ties to the cartel.

Are the mob characters 'true to life', or particularly written well? Probably not (I don't really know anyone in the mob or a cartel so I'd just be guessing). However, when I'm watching an action movie, I very much allow for highly trained people to somehow nigh constantly miss the main characters because they're henchmen, and I'm able to apply the same thing to this game.

I don't think the *characters* are the focus behind the addition of the mob/cartel, it's the plot points I mentioned at the beginning of my post that were the reason for their inclusion.

If you still think it was poorly done, and it hurts the story for you, that's absolutely valid. For me, I'm trying to focus on the bigger picture, and the characters that I see as important, and in that light it gets the job done well enough.

Remember that the Soppranos was a story *about* the mob/mobsters, though, and this isn't a story about *them*. So comparing the two isn't exactly a fair comparison in my opinion.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Jenny has all of her so called friends be actual mob contacts:
The girl she trusts at her own business is a mob contact working for Adam.
The girl she looks up to as she is a stunning blonde and actually running her father business
is bethrothed to Adam and has to put up a horrendous fachade and constantly blind side either Adam
to slip through his hiddeous mobster asshole moves, either Jenny so she does not let on what she
knows of/from Adam about the cartel running many operations in the city.
She has a serious condition where she faints from overexhaustion, which blindsides her to the
moves of her girls (Jade is worried sick about Jenny because she thinks she is her ”henchmaiden”) while
Valerie keeps meeting with that detective (who is a corrupt cop on pay by her mob relatives) who
is a vigilante akin to punisher early days who would not vigilante. A neutered john wick so to speak.
The babe who is a mob assassin who did not kill the corrupt cop who delivered Valery to the mobsters,
not then when he found him hovering over her like a vulture, not now as she keeps finding him in thge company of the same mobsters who had him on pay and wanted again to use him to get to Val.

That is one mob arc. We have the local mob arc now, as all the girls and MC are now indebted to the local mobsters who own the people they collect protection money and will not hasitate to maim, burgler, burn their businesses down for any trace of disloyalty.

Then we have the third mob arc, Adam using mob contacts by himself to double team the local mobsters.

Why do we need all this added drama over the constant headache inducing heap of problems Jenny
has to deal with constantly is just mindblowing.

JRBD2560

Feb 8, 2022
while
Valerie keeps meeting with that detective (who is a corrupt cop on pay by her mob relatives)
How do you figure Detective Clint is being paid by the mob, and that he's corrupt? So far as I can recall, that's never mentioned in the game. The extent we know about him is that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and not much else other than that.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
The mob storyline, for me, is just a vehicle for a few things:
1) Something to bring the group closer together.
2) An additional tragic backstory for one of the girls coming back to haunt them.
3) A way to get the brother the opportunity to have the MC kidnapped, and used as leverage against Jenny.
4) Potentially have repercussions in the future for Jenny depending on how things play out, and if she winds up with permanent ties to the cartel.

Are the mob characters 'true to life', or particularly written well? Probably not (I don't really know anyone in the mob or a cartel so I'd just be guessing). However, when I'm watching an action movie, I very much allow for highly trained people to somehow nigh constantly miss the main characters because they're henchmen, and I'm able to apply the same thing to this game.

I don't think the *characters* are the focus behind the addition of the mob/cartel, it's the plot points I mentioned at the beginning of my post that were the reason for their inclusion.

If you still think it was poorly done, and it hurts the story for you, that's absolutely valid. For me, I'm trying to focus on the bigger picture, and the characters that I see as important, and in that light it gets the job done well enough.

Remember that the Soppranos was a story *about* the mob/mobsters, though, and this isn't a story about *them*. So comparing the two isn't exactly a fair comparison in my opinion.
The moment that good story went south with that stupid mob/superhero story i was disapointed.
When i saw all that crap happening with the cop, the special super agent and the mafia, i just stop playing it and i did not go back to it since that time.
I loved the girls charaters and their relations with the MC but i just can't look away and not see that crappy mob story, it burns my eyes and makes my brain melt to some horrendous poo!:ROFLMAO:

JRBD2560

Feb 8, 2022
Bang bang, she shot me down
Bang bang, I hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, my baby shot me down
Ooooooh I see. Must've just forgotten about this. After "beating" the main story up until this point with Ashley and after that Valery as my main girls, I just started skipping with TAB and CTRL so I've not actually seen this scene in awhile. My bad

dikmen90

Oct 4, 2019
is there any news from the game? i know that a makin game is a not a simp thing... but any news from the new chap'? i cant wait!

FlyinginTime

Sep 16, 2021
I think there's a bug with 'scrappy mod'. I'm on solo Ashley path but after chapter 4 starts Aurora path automatically gets enabled. I've only 3 points with Aurora. I've tested without the mod and it works fine. but as soon as I install the mod and make the next choice Aurora path again gets enabled automatically. Oh and unlike other paths Aurora path can't be toggled off in the cheat menu. Thanks.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
How do you figure Detective Clint is being paid by the mob, and that he's corrupt? So far as I can recall, that's never mentioned in the game. The extent we know about him is that
and not much else other than that.
We also know that he aided/turn a blind eye to a lady's private war against the Delos Mob.

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Oh and unlike other paths Aurora path can't be toggled off in the cheat menu. Thanks.
Doesn't Scrappy's mods enable console? I don't have the game downloaded anymore but turning off Aurora's path is as simple as putting "<BOOLEAN VARIABLE HERE> = False" into the console. You'll get some scenes which only trigger off that path being enabled but you should still reach a hard stop when her integer value approval, a different variable, is below the minimum value required.

The moment that good story went south with that stupid mob/superhero story i was disapointed.
For me it was the Scooby Doo supervillain-tier stupidity of the 'big bad' Adam. You allow some leeway in stories so as to not get bogged down in particulars, but when you have to continuously keep suspending your disbelief it's an obvious indicator the story is both poorly written and poorly conceived.

Sending your shooter to kidnap MC with a brandished firearm on public transportation? Peak bad.

Having that MC physically bound in a hostage situation, beaten by the shooter while being photographed, video taped, and livestreamed to the person (Jenny) who you expect to force into signing a detrimental legally-binding agreement? God-tier bad. Truly the Mount Olympus of poor writing. In consideration of the narrative, the digital footprint of his actions is so enormous, the duress he's caused is so highly illegal, whatever contract he's written is so unenforceable and void anywhere civilized society exists, Jenny might as well sign it with a half-eaten crayon. It means nothing. Unless Adam will be written to have bought the entire countries legal system his position is an instant loss anywhere on the planet.

Anyone who considers this game well-written is worth raising your brow at whenever they post. The only way I can see a recovery from the latest episode is to pull a Saints Row and go for broke. Dial the crazy to 11 and make what we saw previously be childs play to what's coming. Adam is actually a pawn of the Illuminati and his interest in the MC is due to him being the first successfully synthesized human of a shadowy Reptillian cabal.

This dev IMO is almost a 1 of 1 talent in the rendering department and his animation work is very high quality as well. I dont understand how they could write something this bad, all things considered. Im more interested in seeing the recovery from this than anything else.

4.10 star(s) 232 Votes