Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Constructive criticism should always be welcome. Anyone who posts things that are needlessly aggressive and negative without any advice for change or opinions for improvement, are generally regarded as assholes and most people wouldn't pay their game the time of day.

I see no reason why it should be hidden from public view if the intentions are good.
Because as I've said previously...about having a little class and respect as another dev.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Joyce Harding

Aug 30, 2020
Let's not pretend that some devs aren't bias towards other devs, I've seen that in here myself. Not saying that this is the case but it happens. Back on topic, I hope this second update is filling and sticks to the ribs sort of speak.

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Let's not pretend that some devs aren't bias towards other devs, I've seen that in here myself. Not saying that this is the case but it happens. Back on topic, I hope this second update is filling and sticks to the ribs sort of speak.
I really like the game, hence the intention that the dev does it even better. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother criticizing aspects I see that they are not right. :) And those textures, are little things that only make this game not perfect.

Reactions: johnelros

Alteni

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
this game looks very promising , all the best to the developer. :coffee:
I think the next update will be great .

Reactions: El Tanque

TrueLoveGames

Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
In regards to the bad textures : It was due to Iray's memory limitation when it comes to rendering.

To make it simple, scene sizes had to be below a certain amount of Vram for Iray to consider using your graphic's card to render instead of the cpu (CPU is much, much, much slower). Unless you have a Titan RTX or the soon to be RTX 3090, most developers (me included) had to construct most of their scenes with this limitation in mind.

As an example, A single character can take close to 1 Gigabyte of V-ram and that's not even including the background or anything else you wanted to add on the scene. Most scenes are impossible for me to make unless I make severe cuts to all the assets that are involved.

So if I want to construct a big scene (Let's say the academy or scenes with 4-6 characters), I had to sacrifice something to make it work with Iray. Textures are the most resource intensive aspect of any rendering, so to cut down the memory usage, I had to reduce almost all of the sizes of the textures down to 1/2k and outright remove some of them completely. That's why you see these kinds of issues popping up. I've since found a much better way to circumvent around this, so this wouldn't be as big of an issue coming forward.

To summarize, the texture issues are something that I'm very aware of, and they will not be as apparent in the future. Unfortunately, unless I own a god-like rig, which I don't, this won't go away completely until I could get my hands on a better one. Just think of this as a limitation because of budget and inexperience.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
In regards to the bad textures : It was due to Iray's memory limitation when it comes to rendering.

To make it simple, scene sizes had to be below a certain amount of Vram for Iray to consider using your graphic's card to render instead of the cpu (CPU is much, much, much slower). Unless you have a Titan RTX or the soon to be RTX 3090, most developers (me included) had to construct most of their scenes with this limitation in mind.

As an example, A single character can take close to 1 Gigabyte of V-ram and that's not even including the background or anything else you wanted to add on the scene. Most scenes are impossible for me to make unless I make severe cuts to all the assets that are involved.

So if I want to construct a big scene (Let's say the academy or scenes with 4-6 characters), I had to sacrifice something to make it work with Iray. Textures are the most resource intensive aspect of any rendering, so to cut down the memory usage, I had to reduce almost all of the sizes of the textures down to 1/2k and outright remove some of them completely. That's why you see these kinds of issues popping up. I've since found a much better way to circumvent around this, so this wouldn't be as big of an issue coming forward.

To summarize, the texture issues are something that I'm very aware of, and they will not be as apparent in the future. Unfortunately, unless I own a god-like rig, which I don't, this won't go away completely until I could get my hands on a better one. Just think of this as a limitation because of budget and inexperience.
When it comes to character models, polys are far more relevent than textures. Even more so on background stuff. Can chop those textures right down with virtually no discernable difference and be sure to look into making your own billboards for background characters. Also ignore haters who use HS for their game or even worse, 2D stuff. They have no clue what they are talking about, or they would be using 3D assets themselves.

Regardless, this is still a top VN so far...and don't forget to contact the mods for your developer badge ;)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
any news on the update when it's going to be released I was one of the first people to download and play back when the prologue came out

I'm really looking forward to this game because it'
looks like it has a beautiful and good love story in it
No, no news on when there will be an update.

Jučko

Jun 19, 2020
I love this game. Cant wait for the next update. The writing is really good with an enticing story. The Character models are great and the blond one(cant remember her name at the moment) is so ridiculously hot. Looks like a great game to follow and if he continues this level of quality this could be up there with the biggest games on this site

4.10 star(s) 232 Votes