TitanMax

Chief Biscuit Dunker
Donor
Aug 1, 2018
We can just toss this on the pile of other cautionary tales here on F95. Don't get TOO attached to developers, and games. They can disappear overnight without warning, and take your favorite game with them. If you smell something fishy, it is probably fish.
exactly mate, well said.

ooh so much potential but still went poof, rip. Well, no matter how sad we feel, nothing beats the sound of thousands of patrons' hearts breaking...

Azsouth

Mar 1, 2021
can another dev take up the game? maybe contact TLG and see if they are ok w/ someone else taking it and discussing what their plans where for the future so they can try to stay true to their vision?

• Haha
Reactions: eeyye

xXx_BingChillin_xXx

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
can another dev take up the game? maybe contact TLG and see if they are ok w/ someone else taking it and discussing what their plans where for the future so they can try to stay true to their vision?
Doubt it.
Even if he "sells" his project or just charitably give it up to someone else, there is nothing left to sell/give.
I gotta say it is the first time I've seen one the big ones being shut down like that. Instead of pausing billing and taking an undetermined breaktime, he killed it, getting that page back online would be returning to square one with zero support.

That was definitive with no prospect of coming back by the looks of it. His discord is just as chaotic and mysterious.

But then again. Who knows...

Sep 3, 2020
Doubt it.
Even if he "sells" his project or just charitably give it up to someone else, there is nothing left to sell/give.
I gotta say it is the first time I've seen one the big ones being shut down like that. Instead of pausing billing and taking an undetermined breaktime, he killed it, getting that page back online would be returning to square one with zero support.

That was definitive with no prospect of coming back by the looks of it. His discord is just as chaotic and mysterious.

But then again. Who knows...
has anybody considered the possibility that he was hacked

Reactions: chat_4

Knight of the Dawn

Jun 19, 2022
has anybody considered the possibility that he was hacked
I really doubt that.
Although he wasn't active on discord,someone there said that he even deleted his profile pic on discord,if he was hacked I doubt the hacker would bother to erase the profile pic,it must have been him that did that and you don't delete every possible scenario of contact with your patreons if it's not your plane to just vanish.

moreno1964

Oct 24, 2022
A very excellent game... The characters are beautiful! The graphics were very good and the story was captivating and very well elaborated! Too bad the developer abandoned it...

TitanMax

Chief Biscuit Dunker
Donor
Aug 1, 2018
The last thing he posted there was a year ago,I don't think that he even remembers that he has an instagram account for the game:LOL:.
Yea he def forgot he has an ig account, regardless, there's better games out there guys, let's just move on. I only feel pity for the patrons, and that's why I never and would never support a dev on patreon (no matter how good/skilled they are, or how frequently they post their updates cuz you'll never know/can't predict what would happen)

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Possible scenarios

-His mom caught him and made him stop
-Just got sick of it and walked away no looking back
-Hacked for fun or as retaliation
-Got spooked by legal threat (copyright etc) and killed the project
-Maybe hes in a country where makin this kind of game is illegal and he got caught or almost did
-Bitchy GF sabotaged him after an argument/breakup, digital version of keying your car and breaking your playstation
-He died and someone else closed everything down

I guess at least hes not trying to milk it with reworks and sob stories but this isnt a better alternative.

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
more of a reason to hack someone tbh
Well, before i think that it was Hacker i would get more into direction Angry Mental Breakdown. All just Theories until we find out the truth, if we will ever find something out.

Knight of the Dawn

Jun 19, 2022
Yea he def forgot he has an ig account, regardless, there's better games out there guys, let's just move on. I only feel pity for the patrons, and that's why I never and would never support a dev on patreon (no matter how good/skilled they are, or how frequently they post their updates cuz you'll never know/can't predict what would happen)
The thing that hurts and bugs me the most is not that the game is abandoned but that he was sooo fucking close to finishing the update.
To quit so close to the end,I don't know but it's disappointing on another level:cautious:.

(Although I stand by all of the things that I said above if he actually did all of this voluntarily and not if he has passed away or he is in a really dire physical or mental situation)

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes