Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Can someone explain what the "Abandoned" means is this game really abandoned by the dev?
We don't know. He's missing. Nobody knows what happened. Suddenly his Patreon page was gone and his Discord account has no profile picture anymore. And suddenly, his Discord server is overrun by bots and scammers.

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
This is so weird and makes no sense. The people who have talked to him on Discord have said that this is very unlike him to do it like this. His Discord is a mess now, overrun by bots posting fake links and weird pictures. And his profile picture is deleted. So maybe he's been hacked, like someone said. But then, where is he? The DAZ artists he works with doesn't know. But if someone hacked all his socials he might not be able to communicate in a way that people would know it was him.
Unless he was abducted by the KGB I highly doubt anyone worth their salt would dedicate the time and energy to specifically taking down the patreon page and discord of someone who makes erotic games. Why? What would their gain be? I don't see a conspiracy here.

Occam's razor, he quit and doesnt want to be tracked down or hit up by people begging for more content or wanting him to resume VN work. Scorched Earth, he ghosted. Happens every day all around the world.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
The second one is pretty cool.
I think if there is something this game did better than every others (at least to me) it was the emotion in the eyes of the characters. They are so meaningful.

View attachment 2128915
I've said this before: the facial expressions in this game are the best I've seen in any adult game I've played, only matched by CoBD.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Unless he was abducted by the KGB I highly doubt anyone worth their salt would dedicate the time and energy to specifically taking down the patreon page and discord of someone who makes erotic games. Why? What would their gain be? I don't see a conspiracy here.
Doesn't need to be specifically targeted; tons of scammers, hacker wannabes and bots try to get access to computers of people they don't know first thing about daily. Could've just clicked a wrong link without looking close enough and got cleared out by someone who didn't give two shits who their target actually was.

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Doesn't need to be specifically targeted; tons of scammers, hacker wannabes and bots try to get access to computers of people they don't know first thing about daily. Could've just clicked a wrong link without looking close enough and got cleared out by someone who didn't give two shits who their target actually was.
F95 is a trip :KEK:

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019

Occam's razor, he quit and doesnt want to be tracked down or hit up by people begging for more content or wanting him to resume VN work. Scorched Earth, he ghosted. Happens every day all around the world.
You underestimate what assholes some people can be and what they can do just to be assholes.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
This is so weird and makes no sense. The people who have talked to him on Discord have said that this is very unlike him to do it like this. His Discord is a mess now, overrun by bots posting fake links and weird pictures. And his profile picture is deleted. So maybe he's been hacked, like someone said. But then, where is he? The DAZ artists he works with doesn't know. But if someone hacked all his socials he might not be able to communicate in a way that people would know it was him.
Hacking doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would the hackers close the Patreon? They don't get anything if it is closed. And if they were really hackers, they would change the devs Discord avatar to some weird profile picture, like a drunk chicken or something, not just delete it. Do they just hate AOA Academy the game, in particular, and want to erase it and the dev's presence from the Earth?

This seems pretty far down the list of possibilities.

Every time someone does something crazy, all the neighbors, classmates, or coworkers all say, "It was so unlike him." Everything you can think of is "unlike" a person, until they do it.

I still think cracking under the self-imposed pressure is the most likely explanation. Followed in probability by some family member horrified at his spicy hobby and him closing everything down as penance.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
The only thing that makes sense here is that the dev was given an ultimatum by a controlling third party (e.g., relative, spouse, or other authority) to stop making adult games due to some sort of social stigma. No other cause satisfactorily explains why the Patreon page would be removed without any farewell message, nor so late into what appeared to be a successful dev cycle.

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
The only thing that makes sense here is that the dev was given an ultimatum by a controlling third party (e.g., relative, spouse, or other authority) to stop making adult games due to some sort of social stigma. No other cause satisfactorily explains why the Patreon page would be removed without any farewell message, nor so late into what appeared to be a successful dev cycle.

;)

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
My thoughts exactly...too abrupt to consider anything else. Although that would be one hell of a controlling third party to force him to delete everything without a farewell message and explanation for doing so.

Mareeeeta

Sep 1, 2019
My thoughts exactly...too abrupt to consider anything else. Although that would be one hell of a controlling third party to force him to delete everything without a farewell message and explanation for doing so.

Could be a total breakdown + fear to comeback too in a sense.

With yours they are conceivable solutions but I don't understand why if it's just a wife/relative he didn't say anything to anybody. In this aspect a burnout make more sense.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Hacking doesn't make a lot of sense. Why would the hackers close the Patreon? They don't get anything if it is closed. And if they were really hackers, they would change the devs Discord avatar to some weird profile picture, like a drunk chicken or something, not just delete it. Do they just hate AOA Academy the game, in particular, and want to erase it and the dev's presence from the Earth?

This seems pretty far down the list of possibilities.

Every time someone does something crazy, all the neighbors, classmates, or coworkers all say, "It was so unlike him." Everything you can think of is "unlike" a person, until they do it.

I still think cracking under the self-imposed pressure is the most likely explanation. Followed in probability by some family member horrified at his spicy hobby and him closing everything down as penance.
Unless for some reason TLG pissed a kiddie hacker off and they just wanted to hurt him. But, I seriously doubt that. I'm personally not even going to speculate. Regardless of what happened, I just hope TLG and his family are safe.

DarkOs31

Apr 28, 2020
Just my 2 cent's so don't take it serious...
I have x problems like the dev and much more...
Like depressions/bipolar + ultra ultra rapid cycles...
His behavior is like myself 6 years ago...
I deleted all my S.M. accounts and phone nr. just to avoid my ex bosses could reach me...
Is it shitty ?OFC!!!
Would i do it again?Hell NO!!!
We still figure it out and no one knows about him...
Even the mods here at F95 won't say if TLG or one from the team here put the abandon tag...
Maybe we all should calm a bit ?

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes