Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Just 2 weeks before releasing the next update and just a couple of days after revealing the releasedate? I doubt it.
Thats the main reason WHY a rage quit is the most likely option here...

Or more like "he snapped and throw everything in the bin"

Did you ever in your life code something? No?

I tell you how it can go... you code and code, everythings seem fine... you are reaching the "end" of the project and you stumble over an error... than another one... and you realise "oh fuck, the error chain is actually beginning very early and i cant figure out where" And thats it... he huge fucking rat-tail is coming. Cause your coding was sloppy in the beginning, and those add up, in a huge fucking way unsolveable.

TLG had made himself a deadline for the release... and most likely stumbled over those errors. And if you know just a little bit about coding and take a closer look to the game while playing... you will notice a TON of little errors and bugs. Choices made were ignored, variables doesnt function and so on and on... many times girls act towards the MC as something happened between them, even if it wasnt the case. And those werent a few, you could see many those little errors.

Now TLG was reaching the end of the first "season" how he called it... branching must be solved, and so on... but if you already piled up those little errors, they will become a HUGE barrier for the end.

And than it goes like this for example... you faceplam yourself, get annoyed and throw everything in the bin cause you cant manage all that anymore.

On top of that, TLG was mentally unstable, he told this in discord a while ago and made a patreon post about it too... if your mental health isnt the best, and you face a problem you cant solve as you whish, most people in this state just "quit" and vanish.

Iam one of those who did just that more than once, and i know a bunch of others too (met them through therapy)

And TLG is one of those people i assume to more likely runaway from the problem instead of solving it. No offense, as i said, iam like that myself.

So even IF he made a good amount of money with the game (and he did) its very clear, he couldnt handled the pressure and stress anymore, and his project was not well coded too, which causes big problems in the progress.

His initial plan was to release the first half of episode 6 in august, and he couldnt make it... he said back then that he would release the whole episode as one in november... just 2 weeks before the announced release he vanished and everything was deleted in an instant.

There is no other explanation possible, he only can do it himself like that. He quit discord too, no messages, no nothing.

Dead people dont delete a patreon page, other issues would be known by now... copyright issues? solveable and again... it would be know by somebody already.

No TLG just vanished from the internet, which is pretty easy to do, he simply pulled the plug, closed his accounts too, left discord, and thats it... he is gone. Thats it, not really a big mistery if you know some people with depression for example.

Its a very common reaction for people who are mentally not that healthy to just go in isolation and quit a project in an instant.

Its nothing that dramatic either. Has nothing to do with suicide or something like that. He most likely just snapped at the project cause he couldnt do it like he wanted and couldnt handle some problems, problems which were obvious if you take a closer look to the game as i said. There are even bugs in the very first chapter that are still not fixed, cause he cant fix them.

He couldnt code it like it had to be done... snapped, and quit... thats it. Every other explanation doesnt make any sense at all, cause there is no other reason why he left the discord and deleted the patreon page at the exact same time. He did it himself and didnt wanted to face a reaction to it either.

TeamMelissa

Feb 28, 2020
Oh my Jenny, I just assume christmas event as an ending even though not really satisfying. Luckily MC and Jenny w/ other 3 at least reunited there.

Damn I can't imagine it would be really hard for me to move on from with this game. For me, AOA Academy is masterpiece, don't make this community die
Screenshot_20221221_013405_A O A CHP_5_GOLD-fix1.jpg

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
And than it goes like this for example... you faceplam yourself, get annoyed and throw everything in the bin cause you cant manage all that anymore.

On top of that, TLG was mentally unstable, he told this in discord a while ago and made a patreon post about it too... if your mental health isnt the best, and you face a problem you cant solve as you whish, most people in this state just "quit" and vanish.

Iam one of those who did just that more than once, and i know a bunch of others too (met them through therapy)

And TLG is one of those people i assume to more likely runaway from the problem instead of solving it. No offense, as i said, iam like that myself.
We are many more in that boat.
Past 8 years, I've been 100% disabled mostly cuz of mental disabilities(and some physical)
Mental health goes hand in hand with physical health.. If one at a time is "shit", the other follows suit.
And it's all back and forth. A evil circle, if will!
It's crippling!

First of all. Everyone with mental disabilities react, and behave differently. There are only "key" components that are similar.

Trying to avoid dumping too much details, I'll try get out the point of "my story". Since this thread is now more about "theories", rather than the VN at this point.

Late 2018, there were some unforseen circumstances, out of my control, that made me have to pick up a "fight" in legal systems. It consumed nearly all my time, and energy.
By beginning 2019, I couldn't handle telling my girlfriend what is going on without releasing details, cuz NDA, etc.
So for me, it got to the point it was "easier" for me to dump her.
I started disconnecting myself from "friends" the next months, towards April.
When I ran out of funds, and couldn't continue.
I then started alienating myself from relatives, and stopped even going outside. "I needed a break" from everything.
Ordered groceries, etc over the web, and got delivered at my door. I started regretting "pushing people away".
And What did I do? I pushed even more people away.

Fast forward.
A certain pandemic enters.. It made it even easier for myself not to try go outside.
And I started alienating myself from closer family. (I actually from that point, hadn't talked with my own brother, before until today just 3 hours ago. Ignored phone calls. etc)
I only spoke once, maybe twice with my mother over phone per month.
And a tiny handful of my "remaing" friends over discord by typing, and even then sometimes over a month between.
I started drinking.. A LOT. I was drunk more days than not.

Fast forward.
4 months ago, I decided I'm finally done. Been slowly getting back into "including" myself in the surroundings.
I now go to weekly Speech therapy(yes, I started loosing control over my speech, and developed a stutter in this time).
Weekly consultation with my GP, and weekly consultation with a "integration consultant", to "get used to people again".

It's easy sitting behind a computer screen and "feel safe". And to someone that struggles with mental health that hits a wall, one way or another, it's easy to "self sabotage", "throw everything in the bin", and just give up.

In my case, it took over 3 years to slap myself in the face, and do something about it!

How is this relative?
Well.. if the Dev have generalized depression and or anxiety disorders, and dealing with that shit mostly on their own, it's easy to just throw everything away over night! WAY too easy!

Anyways...
I hope ya'll doing good!
Try take care of those around you!
And if they have any mental issues. Be there for them, but without "drowning them"(that's what made me dump my GF).

Take care,
And Happy Holidays!

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
Had this one on Watched forever and now came back to Abandoned kek. Good thing I never started it I guess.

Reactions: Antera

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Just came by to check up on this and.....wtf?! When did this happen?! Why?!
Nobody knows. A few days after announcing the release date of Chapter 6 the Patreon account was suddenly just gone and his Discord account abandoned (with his profile picture gone). Nobody knows what happened, not even people who made custom content for him.

RiffRaff0682

Aug 3, 2017
Thats the main reason WHY a rage quit is the most likely option here...

Or more like "he snapped and throw everything in the bin"

Did you ever in your life code something? No?

I tell you how it can go... you code and code, everythings seem fine... you are reaching the "end" of the project and you stumble over an error... than another one... and you realise "oh fuck, the error chain is actually beginning very early and i cant figure out where" And thats it... he huge fucking rat-tail is coming. Cause your coding was sloppy in the beginning, and those add up, in a huge fucking way unsolveable.

TLG had made himself a deadline for the release... and most likely stumbled over those errors. And if you know just a little bit about coding and take a closer look to the game while playing... you will notice a TON of little errors and bugs. Choices made were ignored, variables doesnt function and so on and on... many times girls act towards the MC as something happened between them, even if it wasnt the case. And those werent a few, you could see many those little errors.

Now TLG was reaching the end of the first "season" how he called it... branching must be solved, and so on... but if you already piled up those little errors, they will become a HUGE barrier for the end.

So even IF he made a good amount of money with the game (and he did) its very clear, he couldnt handled the pressure and stress anymore, and his project was not well coded too, which causes big problems in the progress.

His initial plan was to release the first half of episode 6 in august, and he couldnt make it... he said back then that he would release the whole episode as one in november... just 2 weeks before the announced release he vanished and everything was deleted in an instant.

There is no other explanation possible, he only can do it himself like that. He quit discord too, no messages, no nothing.

Dead people dont delete a patreon page, other issues would be known by now... copyright issues? solveable and again... it would be know by somebody already.

No TLG just vanished from the internet, which is pretty easy to do, he simply pulled the plug, closed his accounts too, left discord, and thats it... he is gone. Thats it, not really a big mistery if you know some people with depression for example.

Its a very common reaction for people who are mentally not that healthy to just go in isolation and quit a project in an instant.

Its nothing that dramatic either. Has nothing to do with suicide or something like that. He most likely just snapped at the project cause he couldnt do it like he wanted and couldnt handle some problems, problems which were obvious if you take a closer look to the game as i said. There are even bugs in the very first chapter that are still not fixed, cause he cant fix them.

He couldnt code it like it had to be done... snapped, and quit... thats it. Every other explanation doesnt make any sense at all, cause there is no other reason why he left the discord and deleted the patreon page at the exact same time. He did it himself and didnt wanted to face a reaction to it either.
This I can fully empathise with. When the beast springs, just packing up and disappearing is super easy.
At least they shut down their accounts so they aren't taking anyone's money anymore, which is the good and honest thing to do.

Weather they come back or not is immaterial, I just hope they are ok.

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes