Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
Thats the main reason WHY a rage quit is the most likely option here...

Or more like "he snapped and throw everything in the bin"

Did you ever in your life code something? No?

I tell you how it can go... you code and code, everythings seem fine... you are reaching the "end" of the project and you stumble over an error... than another one... and you realise "oh fuck, the error chain is actually beginning very early and i cant figure out where" And thats it... he huge fucking rat-tail is coming. Cause your coding was sloppy in the beginning, and those add up, in a huge fucking way unsolveable.

TLG had made himself a deadline for the release... and most likely stumbled over those errors. And if you know just a little bit about coding and take a closer look to the game while playing... you will notice a TON of little errors and bugs. Choices made were ignored, variables doesnt function and so on and on... many times girls act towards the MC as something happened between them, even if it wasnt the case. And those werent a few, you could see many those little errors.

Now TLG was reaching the end of the first "season" how he called it... branching must be solved, and so on... but if you already piled up those little errors, they will become a HUGE barrier for the end.

And than it goes like this for example... you faceplam yourself, get annoyed and throw everything in the bin cause you cant manage all that anymore.

On top of that, TLG was mentally unstable, he told this in discord a while ago and made a patreon post about it too... if your mental health isnt the best, and you face a problem you cant solve as you whish, most people in this state just "quit" and vanish.

Iam one of those who did just that more than once, and i know a bunch of others too (met them through therapy)

And TLG is one of those people i assume to more likely runaway from the problem instead of solving it. No offense, as i said, iam like that myself.

So even IF he made a good amount of money with the game (and he did) its very clear, he couldnt handled the pressure and stress anymore, and his project was not well coded too, which causes big problems in the progress.

His initial plan was to release the first half of episode 6 in august, and he couldnt make it... he said back then that he would release the whole episode as one in november... just 2 weeks before the announced release he vanished and everything was deleted in an instant.

There is no other explanation possible, he only can do it himself like that. He quit discord too, no messages, no nothing.

Dead people dont delete a patreon page, other issues would be known by now... copyright issues? solveable and again... it would be know by somebody already.

No TLG just vanished from the internet, which is pretty easy to do, he simply pulled the plug, closed his accounts too, left discord, and thats it... he is gone. Thats it, not really a big mistery if you know some people with depression for example.

Its a very common reaction for people who are mentally not that healthy to just go in isolation and quit a project in an instant.

Its nothing that dramatic either. Has nothing to do with suicide or something like that. He most likely just snapped at the project cause he couldnt do it like he wanted and couldnt handle some problems, problems which were obvious if you take a closer look to the game as i said. There are even bugs in the very first chapter that are still not fixed, cause he cant fix them.

He couldnt code it like it had to be done... snapped, and quit... thats it. Every other explanation doesnt make any sense at all, cause there is no other reason why he left the discord and deleted the patreon page at the exact same time. He did it himself and didnt wanted to face a reaction to it either.
Well while I don't know anything about being mentally ill.

I can say that the coding errors and bugs he had made was not that hard to fix. I fixed them myself while playing the game if I saw a minor incosistency or a wrong mention or a weird path.

It took me less than an hour pr. update to fix all the issues, so if that was the main issue that caused him to quit, that wouldn't makes any sense at all, since that could be fixed pretty easily, by getting someone to look at his code for him. However I did notice that his errors were getting more frequent towards the later chapters, especially chapter 5.

But it sure could be that he simply gave up and didn't want to do it anymore, or ran into a writer's block that can happen to anyone, but then again why not just come forward and say so, instead of just vanishing quietly into the night.. It would be nice to know if he ever comes back, but I am pretty sure that won't happen, due to the way he went out.

Reactions: enterodetonadooo

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Well while I don't know anything about being mentally ill.

I can say that the coding errors and bugs he had made was not that hard to fix. I fixed them myself while playing the game if I saw a minor incosistency or a wrong mention or a weird path.

It took me less than an hour pr. update to fix all the issues, so if that was the main issue that caused him to quit, that wouldn't makes any sense at all, since that could be fixed pretty easily, by getting someone to look at his code for him. However I did notice that his errors were getting more frequent towards the later chapters, especially chapter 5.

But it sure could be that he simply gave up and didn't want to do it anymore, or ran into a writer's block that can happen to anyone, but then again why not just come forward and say so, instead of just vanishing quietly into the night.. It would be nice to know if he ever comes back, but I am pretty sure that won't happen, due to the way he went out.
But you have no clue what was awaiting him at chapter 6 with all the branching issues already... and you assume, if you can fix them, he has to too... so... why doesnt he fixed them along the road? Cause he wasnt able too. And the errors were growing... with each and every update. There are even bugs since the very first release he didnt touched. And iam pretty sure, he hit a wall for the next chapter and couldnt climb it, it doesnt have to be a issue with "skill", especially if youre are not that stable mentally, these things pile up until you cant take them anymore and quit instead of facing them, you know, in some state of mind you cant even make yourself something to eat, yet fix a bunch of errors and go on like there wasnt any issues at all... I dont see another scenario. The whole thing was growing over his head, with errors and the whole work itself (its hard work to create a game like this, and he was not a lazy milk-dev), yep writers block could have been an issue too... he didnt planned the whole game out... you can sense that he pretty much winged most of it. Doing so... you will hit a wall a some point.

Well nevermind, let it be a writers block, errors, what ever... he hit a wall he couldnt climb with this project and didnt want to anymore, but decided to not face the music, and just pulled the plug in an blink of an eye.

comeback? I understand that people hope he will come back... but, get real. A.O.A is dead, will never go on and TLG will most likely never come back again, well as TLG that is. If i were him, i would try to work with someone else on a project who can code and write better, his renders were VERY nice and he had a good sense for romantic scenes and setting a good mood. Those things are very important in the AVNs around here, and most games lack in this part. His writing was not the best, especially the pacing was totally off. (all that what happens in the game, was happening during one single week... and the relationships took of like a rocket to the moon in an instant too, that was really odd some times)

So with TLG doing renders and the scenes, and someone other making the coding and writing, it could be one hell of a project. But i very much doubt it, cause he didnt seek out for help with A.O.A either.

Well, it is what it is, no reason to go on about it. I loved the game, it had it flaws, but the good things stood out by far. Sad to see this end like this, but its not the first time either.

Just lets hope he is well and somewhat healthy (mental issues are not going away easily, more likely never, iam dealing with that myself for over 25 years now)

But for A.O.A and TLG, the book is closed.

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
But you have no clue what was awaiting him at chapter 6 with all the branching issues already... and you assume, if you can fix them, he has to too... so... why doesnt he fixed them along the road? Cause he wasnt able too. And the errors were growing... with each and every update. There are even bugs since the very first release he didnt touched. And iam pretty sure, he hit a wall for the next chapter and couldnt climb it, it doesnt have to be a issue with "skill", especially if youre are not that stable mentally, these things pile up until you cant take them anymore and quit instead of facing them, you know, in some state of mind you cant even make yourself something to eat, yet fix a bunch of errors and go on like there wasnt any issues at all... I dont see another scenario. The whole thing was growing over his head, with errors and the whole work itself (its hard work to create a game like this, and he was not a lazy milk-dev), yep writers block could have been an issue too... he didnt planned the whole game out... you can sense that he pretty much winged most of it. Doing so... you will hit a wall a some point.

Well nevermind, let it be a writers block, errors, what ever... he hit a wall he couldnt climb with this project and didnt want to anymore, but decided to not face the music, and just pulled the plug in an blink of an eye.

comeback? I understand that people hope he will come back... but, get real. A.O.A is dead, will never go on and TLG will most likely never come back again, well as TLG that is. If i were him, i would try to work with someone else on a project who can code and write better, his renders were VERY nice and he had a good sense for romantic scenes and setting a good mood. Those things are very important in the AVNs around here, and most games lack in this part. His writing was not the best, especially the pacing was totally off. (all that what happens in the game, was happening during one single week... and the relationships took of like a rocket to the moon in an instant too, that was really odd some times)

So with TLG doing renders and the scenes, and someone other making the coding and writing, it could be one hell of a project. But i very much doubt it, cause he didnt seek out for help with A.O.A either.

Well, it is what it is, no reason to go on about it. I loved the game, it had it flaws, but the good things stood out by far. Sad to see this end like this, but its not the first time either.

Just lets hope he is well and somewhat healthy (mental issues are not going away easily, more likely never, iam dealing with that myself for over 25 years now)

But for A.O.A and TLG, the book is closed.
Yeah, but like I said the problems with the errors piling up and so on, could have been easily fixed earlier, which would have made that problem non existent. :unsure:

The dialogue and the pacing was also a major problem, but I still enjoyed the game, even with it's flaws as you said yourself, it had it's charms and the renders were great.

I even did try to fix the dialogue in one of the chapters, however I decided it was way too big of a project, at least to do for free.. :confused:

I think a lot of devs in here could really benefit from accepting their own shortcomings and be willing to collaborate with other people (devs/coders/writers/artists/) and just focus on their own strengths, it would help them make a better product, which in turn would bring in more supporters, and they would more likely not burn out during the process of making the VN, because they don't have to "force" themselves to do something they struggle with or hate doing.. :unsure:

I can compare myself into this statement, because I can write or code, but if you asked me to do anything art related I would literally die before I completed 10 renders. First off I would never be satisfied with how they looked, and secondly I would hate the process so much that I would quit.. :oops:

And then like you mentioned one very important thing, why not write out a full story before you begin, so you have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish with it, or at the very least have a general idea of where it's supposed to go, and by doing so the product will really reflect what you were trying to achieve. Instead of just winging it along the way, because that really shows in the story.. Like as you said the pacing was waaaay off, all that stuff happens in like a week.. :eek: The MC has to study for what 3-5 years? Why cram it all in on such a short timespan..

And of course I hope that he is all well and such, but I don't understand the reasoning behind the "pull the plug" move some devs make, why not just come forward with something.. anything, whatever reason that may be, it's better than just deleting every account and say nothing at all.

Pretty sure you're 100% spot on that it's a closed book for A.O.A. and it's just sad, it had the potential to be one of the good ones.. :cry:

Reactions: Alcarinn

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Jenny, Jade, Rachel and can't remember the fourth girls name :LUL: black hair with a side buzz
Jenny, Jade, Rahcel but Val? Wonder what would made her interested in foursome?

Jenny would curious

Jade & Rachel are both horny asf

Val Joining shock me lol

4.10 star(s) 231 Votes