Feb 19, 2018
Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A.O.A. Academy Ch.5 Bug Reports for TrueLoveGames

None of the previously reported Ch.4 Gold bugs appear to have been fixed in Ch4?
Damn... after days of work I have to re-diff again? G's

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed most of those already, this isn't an OEM hotfix file. #4 is not a good resolution (well, for me since those variables of who was talked to are important to the guide). I'm gonna go with the proper conditionals for each I reckon.

Last edited:

Anderson Co

May 20, 2022
It's strange how smart the developer was with the story but has plenty of spelling/grammar errors. The story-telling is really good when you think about it. Because doesn't anybody think it's weird that he was able to convince us that these girls kinda fell in love with the MC in 3-5 days?? That's real talent if you can write a believable dialogue for that (while having tender music choices that just hit you out of nowhere).

And the guy doesn't have much going personality or status wise, aside from being tall, handsome, well-built and has a big dick. He is more like your usual nice guy but never goes overboard. This VN is pretty goddamn impressive with all the heartfelt, personal moments that canonically took less than a week. And how the fuck was the developer able to put so much passion and longing on Elizabeth's worried face? Just crazy. 282266725_5264521536903343_7841825297089537810_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CoalPhelps

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
A.O.A. Academy Ch.5 Bug Reports for TrueLoveGames

[/spoiler]
4. Ch5 error regarding which girl is late returning to the office after the ACA freeroam.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Another note regarding #4... Jenny's is actually done correctly OEM. I've decided to correct the others via the "exp" labels (freeroam) as they should have been rather than changing the conditionals in both the lines after #After exp and label c5_ni_exp .

Reactions: Danzellicious

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
It's strange how smart the developer was with the story but has plenty of spelling/grammar errors. The story-telling is really good when you think about it. Because doesn't anybody think it's weird that he was able to convince us that these girls kinda fell in love with the MC in 3-5 days?? That's real talent if you can write a believable dialogue for that (while having tender music choices that just hit you out of nowhere).

And the guy doesn't have much going personality or status wise, aside from being tall, handsome, well-built and has a big dick. He is more like your usual nice guy but never goes overboard. This VN is pretty goddamn impressive with all the heartfelt, personal moments that canonically took less than a week. And how the fuck was the developer able to put so much passion and longing on Elizabeth's worried face? Just crazy. View attachment 1827521
I think one of reasons why it seems ok for us for a guy to make girls fall in love with him in 3-5 days is because of the development time.
We wait months for each chapter so maybe that time distorts our view of the actual time in the game?

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
Can someone help me with the missing gallery photos?
I'm not sure how to get the missing ones.
I went through all the routes I think.
Not solo though. 2-3 girls per run.

Anderson Co

May 20, 2022
I think one of reasons why it seems ok for us for a guy to make girls fall in love with him in 3-5 days is because of the development time.
We wait months for each chapter so maybe that time distorts our view of the actual time in the game?

That's a good point. I would also believe that but I actually played the game CH 1-5 without interruption, going in blind. And it still holds-up with a good immersive narrative, I didn't think I would end up falling for an emotionally broken girl in a visual novel (even though I already kinda did in "Acting Lessons").

How the hell did they even envision that rooftop scene with the country music? And that tender music while having virginal sex with Ashley felt so goddamn intimate. I am really impressed, this is what high art feels like. *chef's kiss* 283033388_5258710317484465_3386609351470934851_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: CoalPhelps

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018

And the guy doesn't have much going personality or status wise, aside from being tall, handsome, well-built and has a big dick. He is more like your usual nice guy but never goes overboard. This VN is pretty goddamn impressive with all the heartfelt, personal moments that canonically took less than a week. And how the fuck was the developer able to put so much passion and longing on Elizabeth's worried face? Just crazy. View attachment 1827521
Meeting Aurora in the park is also amazing in terms of working with expression and feelings. I always feel like total shit when I have to deny her feelings, but I always only go the monogamous route with one girl.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
That's a good point. I would also believe that but I actually played the game CH 1-5 without interruption, going in blind. And it still holds-up with a good immersive narrative, I didn't think I would end up falling for an emotionally broken girl in a visual novel (even though I already kinda did in "Acting Lessons").

How the hell did they even envision that rooftop scene with the country music? And that tender music while having virginal sex with Ashley felt so goddamn intimate. I am really impressed, this is what high art feels like. *chef's kiss* View attachment 1827634
Ashley is the best girl with the most romantic and intimate scenes. Plus the narrative with childhood friends who haven't had a chance to express their feelings works for this.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
Ashley is the best girl with the most romantic and intimate scenes. Plus the narrative with childhood friends who haven't had a chance to express their feelings works for this.
Getting a tattoo just because she lost a bet makes her look like a Bimbo.

MaviusJones

Mar 23, 2019
I just played through the game 8 times in a row to get all the scenes. Feels a bit like Groundhogs day with the various changes.

Sung-Ji ended up being my favorite, despite having a thing for Rebecca at first glance. Sung-Ji is simply the only one without trauma and emotional turmoil guiding her, she's bubbly and fun and her lewd scenes were excellent.

My main gripe is how the MC, and the LI's act during intimacy. It's really cringe and ends up being a turn off.

First off, it's rather strange that 99% of these really hot college students have never even kissed someone. 99% being virgins is also strange, but I'll dismiss that as wish fulfillment.

The obnoxious amount of blood from popping cherries is 100% unbelievable and ruins the immersion. I was a cherry popper in high school, took the virginity of at least 8 or 9 girls and only 3 of those bled at all, and it was barely noticeable. Hell, getting with a woman on her period doesn't even result in your dick looking like it just sliced through a body...

The way the MC treats pussies like gaping flesh wounds is so cringe I almost stopped playing. Damn near every single encounter had the dialogue play out with MC barely brushing a vagina with a finger and then recoiling in fear from the pain he just caused her. Apologizing for hurting her and the subsequent 'Just be careful' remark from the LI. I can't even chock it up to translation errors as the scenes play out exactly like MC is afraid of hurting them simply by blowing on their pussy. It really comes off feeling like the Dev has never actually touched one and fully expects them to be painful wounds women endure.

The constant need for consent is equally ridiculous. She just stripped her clothes off in the backseat of her car because she is so hot for you, your throbbing dick is literally inside her as she grinds on top of you and you feel the need to ask if you can kiss her???

Foreplay consisting of 30 seconds of light fingering and then straight to sex is annoying. MC never bothers to even touch their tits, only touches a nipple once when provoked and apparently forgets completely that women enjoy them being sucked on. It's obvious why MC never goes down on any of them however, as he feels a mere finger is so horrifically painful for her that using his mouth would be akin to taking a knife to them...

The constant use of the phrase "I liked them" to indicate current attraction is an obvious translation error but it's used so much that it really needs to be corrected.

The LI's being shy about their tit size and remarking that they aren't as impressive as MC's dick is really strange. Not once in 40 years of having sex have I ever had a girl compare her tits to my dick. Further, I've never had a girl get embarrassed about how wet she is, that's like having the MC apologizing for how hard he is, it's just weird.

I really like this game, it has potential to be top tier but the intimate encounters really needs some polish as it's just a cringe fest right now that completely breaks the immersion and derails the enjoyment.

Also, I really hope Dani gets some action at some point because she's a curvy cutie that really standsout.

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
Haha. Sungji having no gag reflex really made her go up in the LI rankings.

Girls do get embarrassed about how wet they are, but it's rare to find one that gets really wet enough to be embarrassed.

I've noticed that the dev tends to avoid mouth animation aside from BJs and kissing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I seen the MC suck a nipple or lick pussy even once. Maybe it's harder to do the animation?

Having Jenny as their competition, you can forgive the girls about being shy with their breast size.

Chapter 5 really pushed Aurora, Sungji and Elizabeth up the rankings with their scenes for me.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Edit: Nevermind, I fixed most of those already, this isn't an OEM hotfix file. #4 is not a good resolution (well, for me since those variables of who was talked to are important to the guide). I'm gonna go with the proper conditionals for each I reckon.
Another note regarding #4... Jenny's is actually done correctly OEM. I've decided to correct the others via the "exp" labels (freeroam) as they should have been rather than changing the conditionals in both the lines after #After exp and label c5_ni_exp .
If by "proper conditionals for each" you mean additional variables to distinguish between just spoke to them vs spoke & then got the extended scene(s), then as I mentioned that could be a solution that the dev. might implement.

If you mean you're only setting the bc5aca_exp_girl_event vars if the player gets the extended scene(s), then that would also work but requires reworking/forking the code in multiple places.

Either probably makes sense in a walkthrough mod, since you're forking all the code anyway I assume.

The reason I didn't go that route in the hotfix is I'm trying to go light touch as much as possible to minimise future dependency on the hotfix being installed. Hopefully TLG will fix his code eventually so the hotfix becomes redundant. So I avoid introducing my own variables or forking the code as much as possible, so people can delete the hotfix in future without breaking saves or throwing errors in most cases.

And I think all the bc5aca_exp_girl_event vars are being correctly set for their initial purpose (bailing out of the short chats if you've already done it). The problem is the dev. then uses them to trigger scenes talking about the extended scenes, which didn't necessarily happen. Having additional vars for the extended scenes & testing those would be the preferred approach in a proper OEM fix imo. The problem would be how to deal with existing saves which don't have them, in which case you're back to something like my hack in an after_load or the like.

Reactions: Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I just played through the game 8 times in a row to get all the scenes. Feels a bit like Groundhogs day with the various changes.

Sung-Ji ended up being my favorite, despite having a thing for Rebecca at first glance. Sung-Ji is simply the only one without trauma and emotional turmoil guiding her, she's bubbly and fun and her lewd scenes were excellent.

My main gripe is how the MC, and the LI's act during intimacy. It's really cringe and ends up being a turn off.

First off, it's rather strange that 99% of these really hot college students have never even kissed someone. 99% being virgins is also strange, but I'll dismiss that as wish fulfillment.

The obnoxious amount of blood from popping cherries is 100% unbelievable and ruins the immersion. I was a cherry popper in high school, took the virginity of at least 8 or 9 girls and only 3 of those bled at all, and it was barely noticeable. Hell, getting with a woman on her period doesn't even result in your dick looking like it just sliced through a body...

The way the MC treats pussies like gaping flesh wounds is so cringe I almost stopped playing. Damn near every single encounter had the dialogue play out with MC barely brushing a vagina with a finger and then recoiling in fear from the pain he just caused her. Apologizing for hurting her and the subsequent 'Just be careful' remark from the LI. I can't even chock it up to translation errors as the scenes play out exactly like MC is afraid of hurting them simply by blowing on their pussy. It really comes off feeling like the Dev has never actually touched one and fully expects them to be painful wounds women endure.

The constant need for consent is equally ridiculous. She just stripped her clothes off in the backseat of her car because she is so hot for you, your throbbing dick is literally inside her as she grinds on top of you and you feel the need to ask if you can kiss her???

Foreplay consisting of 30 seconds of light fingering and then straight to sex is annoying. MC never bothers to even touch their tits, only touches a nipple once when provoked and apparently forgets completely that women enjoy them being sucked on. It's obvious why MC never goes down on any of them however, as he feels a mere finger is so horrifically painful for her that using his mouth would be akin to taking a knife to them...

The constant use of the phrase "I liked them" to indicate current attraction is an obvious translation error but it's used so much that it really needs to be corrected.

The LI's being shy about their tit size and remarking that they aren't as impressive as MC's dick is really strange. Not once in 40 years of having sex have I ever had a girl compare her tits to my dick. Further, I've never had a girl get embarrassed about how wet she is, that's like having the MC apologizing for how hard he is, it's just weird.

I really like this game, it has potential to be top tier but the intimate encounters really needs some polish as it's just a cringe fest right now that completely breaks the immersion and derails the enjoyment.

Also, I really hope Dani gets some action at some point because she's a curvy cutie that really standsout.
I agree that a great deal of this story has some problems that a little English as a second language might cure. I emailed TLG and offered to fix the horrific writing, and possibly fix the plot a bit. I have yet to hear back.

I don't really know why I like this game. I mean I do like this game. The story COULD be great. The girls are gorgeous. Jenny is of course my front runner, and I think Elizabeth and then.....hmmmm Valerie I guess..... then Jade........ I am not so much into the rest, although I do think Rebecca has potential.

Still the story, as it is written, is pretty fucking hard to read. Doing it 8 times should get you some kind of award. I would only restart from the beginning if TLG reaches back to my email and accepts my offer to help out.

Anyhow, I thoroughly enjoyed and agree with most of your post.
Peace

Reactions: MaviusJones
4.10 star(s) 231 Votes