Ren'Py Abandoned A Sister's Love [v0.4] [BlackStar.Gamez]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
my 2 cents on the 0.4 update..... yeah it's nothing great, but it really isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be, like the story is dumb at points, but it seems to be trying to emulate the randomness and stupidity of real life, but went a little overboard, like what the sister did at the end made sense since she was drunk of her face.

The only real criticisms I agree with are:
1. the crappy render here and there, two being, the different texture on the inner thigh at one point, then the wtf is wrong with your neck render that you see shortly after.
2. what the fuck is with the Aunt and how the hell did she get there.

2 will probably be explained away, more than likely the mom taking his keys or getting a key somehow and fucking with him (the aunt being just like mum but not being a total bitch to the MC maybe) besides that, I wasn't massively disappointed, but still disappointed, imo the whole waitress part should have just been cut out, also I think in the story the MC was supposed to have already had a drink or two just no renders properly showing it (I think).

Still I was mildly entertained, but this was the first update that i skipped most of the dialogue cause i didn't really care too much (probably cause i spoiled it reading comments XD) but in all honestly this game isn't beyond redemption at all, it is just starting to falter, all it needs is improvement in story (but keep the emulating randomness of life cause it makes it interesting but needs to be more realistic) o and retcon the story with the waitress and fuck her off XD probably has claumidia or something XD probably needs what most tv shows have to much of.... filler content that explores the characters a bit more (maybe flashbacks or some shit) not the greatest idea but it could add more context, which seems to be the main thing missing in 0.4.

Verdict: has some issues, nothing gamebreaking imo, just wtf inducing that can easily be recovered from later or retconned. I ain't going anywhere cause I like the whole premise of the title ASL, and the model imo is the best one out of all the daz (Blaire if anyone wants to know). That Thanos reference though XD

This has been Reviews With Bob Yo (RWBY) see what i did there :p

Dolphin3000

May 9, 2017
come on guys, just wait till next update to atleast critic him, im sure there is a explanation and even if there is none have some common decency and understand that is his 1st Project. I dont think @Afflyction deserves you all bitching when he is sharing the game to you all 4 free.
The only explanation I can think of is the MC is having a nightmare and everything in update 04 was a bad dream.
I don't like dream sequences within a game, but I would be happy if that was the case here.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Pretty worthless game as it is. Assuming it's the devs first game maybe they'll learn from it and make something actually good in a few years after burying this project.
i dont know what moderators are here, but seriously comments like this one should be deleted and their owner warned, have some fucking respect or get out.

Anyone can critic a game but with respect to those that made it.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
I'm convinced the dad didn't die of a mysterious disease. He killed himself to get away from his fucked up, dysfunctional family!!! I'm not as down on 0.4 as others are but it is a WTF update...

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
Pretty worthless game as it is. Assuming it's the devs first game maybe they'll learn from it and make something actually good in a few years after burying this project.
Not at all. It has some really good stuff, just some specifics like the pacing and the whole story are all over the place.

I like the Renders and the Brother/Sister Relationship. The Writer just needs to slow down on the LSD :eek:

Reactions: netsrac and crisbr

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I think the mom killed the dad. 1.) She kicked them out of the room when they were there. 2.) Later they are told that he died but the mother was told but never told them and made it to where no one can see him. (Maybe to prevent anyone from doing tests to find any poisons in a hope that it'll be gone from the system by then)
3.) He's not dead and the bitch just set it up so that no one goes and sees him for whatever reason.

The game seemed great but after this update I'm starting to think that they are all secretly smoking crack when no one is looking as many things don't really make sense. Sister fine with being nude and stuff mother she's already been smoking crack then you meet the girl from the restaurant and she jumps straight to whore mode aunt shows up and appears to be smoking the same crack that her sister/twin sister is smoking. Also how the hell did she even get into the place without a key? I'm pretty sure she probably doesn't have a key to the place.

Reactions: muttdoggy

sobeedge

Dec 8, 2017
The only real criticisms I agree with are:
1. the crappy render here and there, two being, the different texture on the inner thigh at one point, then the wtf is wrong with your neck render that you see shortly after.

2 will probably be explained away, more than likely the mom taking his keys or getting a key somehow and fucking with him (the aunt being just like mum but not being a total bitch to the MC maybe) besides that, I wasn't massively disappointed, but still disappointed, imo the whole waitress part should have just been cut out, also I think in the story the MC was supposed to have already had a drink or two just no renders properly showing it (I think).
---snipped a bit

Well most part the Aunt being there makes sense actually.....father died mom probally called aunt.....Aunt raised him he left the mom at age 9....so she probally paid for the place or had a key from him since 2nd mother.........so no real surprise for him she is there probally went there to check on him and he not there so hops in shower.........

over all the update was just rushed i think he tried to trim the content to meet his deadline.... he talked alot of his work schdule and after one delay already didn't want another and that just threw the events in one big mess in the end rushing I think he planned on starting the waitress path............ wanted to introduce the aunt back in ( we don't know there story yet so he may have a relationship like that or she saw the girl and decided to fuck with him) sister breaking into room drunk....then running out then passing out naked on his bed ( madison instantly passing out was odd) i think dev just wanted to leave the mc with 2 naked wpmen in his bed and aunt somewhere in the house....definatly need to fix it a bit so not random clump at the end maybe in .5 we'll see him exited the room and talking to his aunt. ( maybe possibly him a chance peek on his sister drunk playing with madison) just saying it was a shit storm but not irredemable

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
Wow, you guys are overtly harsh towards anything and everything these days, it's almost as if half of you forget you are downloading things for free.

Granted, the update was not the best of updates, but there are far worse things on here than this.

Let's try not to scare yet another potential game creator away from the community shall we? If it carries on there wont be that many left..

@Afflyction, keep it up - create the game you want to create. Dont listen to the hate too much.

LegnaEgor

Oct 13, 2017
Wow, you guys are overtly harsh towards anything and everything these days, it's almost as if half of you forget you are downloading things for free.

Granted, the update was not the best of updates, but there are far worse things on here than this.

Let's try not to scare yet another potential game creator away from the community shall we? If it carries on there wont be that many left..

@Afflyction, keep it up - create the game you want to create. Dont listen to the hate too much.
Releasing half assed work that doesn't make sense or is of less than acceptable quality usually nets that type of response. If you put forth the effort and time to produce something of greater or equal quality to other items within the genre you will see the community flock towards it. Everybody wants the 'next best thing', which is great, but isn't what was received here. If we can get some proper clarification from the author as to who what and why, it would soothe things out. "Hey I was rushed because I've been busy and I know this isn't up to your standards (or mine really) and I must apologize and make it right, just give me some time to sort shit out!" Cool. No sweat. Just my 2¢.

Reactions: spence217

ontach

Apr 8, 2018

There is a reference to Aunt Shannon earlier, where he tells his sister "If it hadn't been for Aunt Shannon..." So there is a relationship there - my best guess is she owns the place he's living in. Like the drinking part, we're just supposed to infer this... someone please tell the dev he is NOT making crossword puzzles with cryptic clues.

sobeedge

Dec 8, 2017

No hate here on my part rather enjoy the game all i said felt bit rushed which understandable since he said he had a life
the story made sense to me just to many things at once in the end causing a bit of a shitstorm.....but definatly not irredeemable and i expect it be sortted in .5

Games great and he is doing a great job so i can have that faith

Reactions: PandaLulz

ghostch15

Mar 22, 2018
ok so all conversations with madison on the second trip to the bar have madison's name in the box listed as mom not madison just fyi

Reactions: Gavote

Mahgni Mada

Aug 15, 2017
Stupid question but, how do you patch in the extras? Ive dropped the file into the main folder but no cheese.

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
After reading the posts/opinions since v0.4 dropped as well as having played the latest version, I can understand why some are frustrated or whatever... sure - this wasn't the greatest of updates but having enjoyed the last two updates, I'm going to give Afflyction the benefit of the doubt and see where he is going with 0.5 and 0.6.

Even though some of the events are disjointed and seriously had me scratching my head wondering "WTF?", maybe it's all for some future purpose - hell, they could even be flashbacks for all I know! LOL!!

I'll still be interested to see how Afflyction can work things out over the next couple of updates though...

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes