RMelton

Jan 29, 2019
Gonna make a guess in the next update there will be a choice to seal away the demoness or enslave her with your own dark magic and keep her as your servant/sex slave in your house. Would be an interesting roommate to a certain depowered goddess also currently my maid.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Gonna make a guess in the next update there will be a choice to seal away the demoness or enslave her with your own dark magic and keep her as your servant/sex slave in your house. Would be an interesting roommate to a certain depowered goddess also currently my maid.
Having as roommates/servants a fallen goddess and a sealed demoness in the same house.
What could possibly go wrong?

RevGen10

Jan 12, 2019
Chyos:

Good afternoon,
it's again friday so time to give you a short report on my work over the past week.

This week I worked mainly on maps for the monastery. I had to think a lot about how to actually build up the location, directly followed by the question of which areas are now really needed for the upcoming update. The work on these maps isn't finished yet, I want to add in some more details to give them their final touch.
The other thing I've worked on were the character models for the monks and nuns at the monastery. Currently I'm planning to make 3 male and 3 female characters. Of course, this would be a little too little for the whole monastery. therefore, I will add more monks, but they will not be individual characters. The models are now mostly done, but I haven't even started making the sprites for them.

The materials required for this update are much more extensive than for most previous updates. Completing everything until the end of the month is impossible, but I guess most of you already new that this is going to be a 2 months update. What I'm trying to do is to get a functional build done by the end of this month. What I mean by that: Make it possible to travel to the monastery with Mira and Aidalin, have an introduction to the characters at the monastery and then be able to spend the night there (In best case together with a new scene for Mira).
Then have the option to return back home (to prevent having a dead end).
This is what I want to get done by the end of this month. So I will release it hopefully around the 31st. It remains to be seen if that works out, as it really is still a lot that I have to work on in the coming week. I think by the end of next week I will be able to give a better assessment.
For now I will continue working on the maps,
I wish you all a nice weekend!

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
The other thing I've worked on were the character models for the monks and nuns at the monastery. Currently I'm planning to make 3 male and 3 female characters. Of course, this would be a little too little for the whole monastery.
is this a bad time to tell him monastery's (or convents) aren't coed dorms? :LOL:

Last edited:

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
is this a bad time to tell him monastery's aren't coed dorms? :LOL:
There are the double monasteries which host both a monastery and a convent, of course nuns and monks live in separate buildings, and they had one or more sealed entrances that connected each other.
Although visits were scarce and for serious reasons (But that doesn’t mean there were some “unofficial” encounters).
I believe Chyos could design it in that direction, or find an excuse for the convent being infested from demons or having clogged toilets or some shit.

Or he can throw away the historical sources and just build a monastery set with the rules he created for his polytheistic religion.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
is this a bad time to tell him monastery's (or convents) aren't coed dorms? :LOL:
There are the double monasteries which host both a monastery and a convent, of course nuns and monks live in separate buildings, and they had one or more sealed entrances that connected each other.
Although visits were scarce and for serious reasons (But that doesn’t mean there were some “unofficial” encounters).
I believe Chyos could design it in that direction, or find an excuse for the convent being infested from demons or having clogged toilets or some shit.

Or he can throw away the historical sources and just build a monastery set with the rules he created for his polytheistic religion.
The secret tunnels/catacombs filled with corpses of infants which never entered the monasteries tell a different story... you shouldn't buy the celibate lies they feed you dureing worship.

Also remember humans never had a choice where to build their holy sites... the reason that demoness aims for the monastery is the sealed demon or ritual side of gurthak underneath

• Thinking Face
Reactions: zARRR

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Well Orcs and Goblins don't exist in RL also :p

The church in the village has both Men and Woman sleeping in the same area so we can assume it's coed in this world.
yah but thats a church not a monastery. Obviously its a fantasy story as you pointed out, so author can do whatever he wants, its just that a monastery has a specific connotation of a group of male monks only, just like a convent for nuns only.

May 26, 2019
The secret tunnels/catacombs filled with corpses of infants which never entered the monasteries tell a different story... you shouldn't buy the celibate lies they feed you dureing worship.
I don't remember any secret tunnels/catacombs like you describe being in A Struggle with Sin!

Did I miss something?

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I don't remember any secret tunnels/catacombs like you describe being in A Struggle with Sin!

Did I miss something?
Evangelion refers to some historical sources which show the unfaithfulness of the monks and nuns in said monasteries through bones of unborn children or dead enfants.

I don’t think ASWS is going to have that tho.
All nuns will probably be virgins, or victims who escaped scandal.
But to be honest even the old abbess could be definitely untouched.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Evangelion refers to some historical sources which show the unfaithfulness of the monks and nuns in said monasteries through bones of unborn children or dead enfants.

Everything is fine as long as MC's getting laid. :sneaky:

RevGen10

Jan 12, 2019

maybe not. from the pater's dialogue, it doesn't seem like you have to be celibate.

May 26, 2019

Huh, so I did a little digging cause this topic is super interesting to me.

And funnily enough, although there was a mass baby grave found in a care home run by nuns in Ireland ( ), the tales of secret tunnels/passageways between monasteries and nunneries are widely considered to be ahistorical myths ( ).

The original source of these myths seem to be from a book called Awful Discourses of Maria Monk. But after numerous investigations, it turns out that Maria Monk had completely fabricated her entire story ( ).

Super interesting stuff.

Now although such secret tunnels and passageways don't seem to have existed underneath real monasteries and real convents, it'd be a pretty neat concept to explore in A Struggle with Sin.

We already see something like it coming into play with the underground cult beneath Rick's house.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: zARRR

drakesang

Sep 16, 2022
i am loving this game more every time i play it. all these diffrent paths you can take for each character and the animations are amazing i cant wait to see what the next city involves. i am really hopeing we get to go undercover at the school to learn diffrent forms of magic or what ever else they teach there and get involved with some of the students and teachers assumeing its like a college based on sabrina and the blacksmiths daughter age.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Huh, so I did a little digging cause this topic is super interesting to me.

And funnily enough, although there was a mass baby grave found in a care home run by nuns in Ireland ( ), the tales of secret tunnels/passageways between monasteries and nunneries are widely considered to be ahistorical myths ( ).

The original source of these myths seem to be from a book called Awful Discourses of Maria Monk. But after numerous investigations, it turns out that Maria Monk had completely fabricated her entire story ( ).

Super interesting stuff.

Now although such secret tunnels and passageways don't seem to have existed underneath real monasteries and real convents, it'd be a pretty neat concept to explore in A Struggle with Sin.

We already see something like it coming into play with the underground cult beneath Rick's house.
Well all I can tell you that they actually found some of these Catacombs where I live... sure it's not a common occurence, but it happened... though there is no real prooof that those children/infants were born by the nuns it is known that it wasn't a holy graveyard for children or stuff... it's the most reasonable assumption so it sticks.
so the update is out but this guys dont upload for us , right?
If people ask like this I doubt anyone will

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Well all I can tell you that they actually found some of these Catacombs where I live... sure it's not a common occurence, but it happened... though there is no real prooof that those children/infants were born by the nuns it is known that it wasn't a holy graveyard for children or stuff... it's the most reasonable assumption so it sticks.
Not like you need me to back you but I've heard stories like this since I was a kid, finding real evidence is hard and all that survives at this point is word of mouth so it's hard to differentiate from myth but considering what we know priests get up to it's not hard to believe.

Reactions: Evangelion-01
4.50 star(s) 139 Votes