alltreck

Nov 20, 2018
Will Anya's choice ( join Van spies or not ) have bigger repercussions or are we just choosing the way to corrupt/romance Anya? Because being a Baron is kinda sweet, although have a strong feeling the guy is lying to me))

Last edited:

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Will Anya's choice ( join Van spies or not ) have bigger repercussions or are we just choosing the way to corrupt/romance Anya? Because being a Baron is kinda sweet, although have a strong feeling the guy is lying to me))
I don't think there's too much repercussion yet, except on one route you might have to share Anya with Van. It's not yet fully developed plot line.

DivineDeviant

Mar 8, 2020
You're gettin jelwery? I'm only getting daemon keys... I got like 69 already and dunno what to do with 'em. Maybe melt into daemonic ingots and forge a daemonic hammer, sworld or spear... or a daemonic toy fo Syfa.
Honestly, same. Black cat loves giving me keys

DivineDeviant

Mar 8, 2020
I don't think the bed in the MC's house is level 3. That would make sense if Marcus's bed were used, but for now it's just the cot on the floor. I just made a suggestion in the Discord about giving the info on what level of comfort the MC's cot is.
The house upgrades you can do now are wonderful. They come after Emily's quest with the orphanage.

Dirch

May 26, 2019
Thank you for the feedback. Many weapons have level requirements, but for some I have forgotten to write them into the item description. I've now updated all item descriptions so that level requirements are visible (will come with the next update, won't work for existing items in your inventory since they are their own entities)

Do you have a save for this? I would like to check and fix the problem for future players.
I tried editing it by using cheats to get a round it so not sure if the save file would help you since it's not unmodded.

manishjajoo1

Jan 5, 2019
Everything in my game screen is moving fast. I accidentally pressed some wrong buttons.
Does anyone know how to bring the game to normal clockspeed ?
I tried changing movement speed in cheatbook to normal but it does not work. My entire game is moving fast.

valley57

Oct 22, 2021

Weekly Status Report
Coldstone EstateGood morning,
It's still early, and before I continue working on new dialogs I wanted to give you a short overview of the things I got done in the past week.
I started the week by finishing the exterior map of the Coldstone estate (as shown in the title). After that, I worked on the sprites for the chickens.
Originally I had the idea to make them very detailed (differences between male/female age and a saturation level). I had already roughly thought of a visualization of the possibility to visit the chicken coop and have all the chickens sitting on a perch so that you could click on them and inspect them. That way you could have slaughtered chickens that were too old or superfluous males to make room for more. In addition, a hatchery system in which eggs can be hatched.

After I presented the whole thing in the discord, however, objections were quickly raised that this idea would overshoot the mark somewhat. And yes, I admit that it wouldn't have been easy to implement. I wanted to represent each chicken as a separate object with the aforementioned attributes (sex, age, saturation). This would probably have taken several days to implement. And in the end, I would have to ask myself whether it was really worth the effort. After all, it's not supposed to be something the player interacts with on a daily basis, but rather something that might happen in passing by.
So I have now greatly simplified the whole thing. Attributes have been cut out. There won't be a distinction between male and female chickens or chicks. Chickens lay eggs with a certain chance, depending on the number in the coop. If there are eggs in the coop for a longer period of time (and more than 1 chicken is present) there is a chance that offspring will be added (if the capacity of the henhouse allows this).
First chickens can be caught via the trap system (I have already adjusted the traps). Of course there are also new recipes for chicken meat/eggs. Emily now also accepts chicken meat when cooking dinner. And I've added new temporary foodbuffs to the special meals of Emily, Claire and Penny. - This is something I want to expand further in the future and will need some testing aswell since I don't want to make it to weak but also not too strong.

After all of this was done I also edited the Arenfield map a little in order to make room for the new building projects on the map (one of course being the chicken coop), but I have some others planned as well.
Next I've started working on the character sprites + dialog images for the new characters (not completed yet) and also wanted to get back into Penny's story. For that I decided to actually play it again from the beginning to get a better feel for Penny's character (I usually do this everytime I make new content since I try to think from the characters perspective). In the process I've edited some of the dialog slightly and also fixed some of her sexual interaction (in the evening when you found her masturbating you weren't able to do vaginal, which is something I changed now).
I've also been cleaning some of her code which was in part difficult to read through (Back then I tend to do things different than today). This is where I'm currently working at. I want to get everything ready for the expansion of the events and the next thing I want to work on today is the introduction of the new characters by visiting their estate with Penny.

On a sidenote: I also made use of my newly found way to adjust character descriptions and adjusted Penny's description after Henry got back or after the MC kicked him out.
More detailed: Before the text was hardcoded and to adjust it I had to make a new entry each time I changed something in the character description (Like I did for Athia or Gwen or Natasha). Since the number of entries is limited, I was very hesitant to do this in the past (to leave room for future characters) if the changes weren't significant. But now I've found out that the description texts can be stored in variables which I can then edit to make adjustments (as I have done for Ayita lately). This will allow me to adjust other characterpages as well in the future to reflect to changes that might have happend to them over time. It will take some time, but I will constantly work on this when ever there is time.

So I got a lot done over the week, but it's still not enough to be close to the next part release.
I haven't been working on a new scene for Penny yet, although I have something in mind already.
So today more writing and then I will start working on the new scene. After that is done I'll release the update as 0.5.8.5 Currently I assume it will be done around the 12. of June - For 0.5.9.0 I'll then work more on the Coldstone estate interior map as well as the new characters (daily routines and interaction). But one step at a time ;)

Now I'm back to working,
I wish you all a nice weekend!

zandalari

May 4, 2019
I swear Chyos is the type of developer that needs someone standing next to him with a stick. The moment he starts talking about going on a week long developing spree to implement some complicated chicken farming mechanic or giving names to snails, *WHACK*. We have enough random mini games, the world is alive enough, thanks. Back to the story development.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
I swear Chyos is the type of developer that needs someone standing next to him with a stick. The moment he starts talking about going on a week long developing spree to implement some complicated chicken farming mechanic or giving names to snails, *WHACK*. We have enough random mini games, the world is alive enough, thanks. Back to the story development.
Maybe people want a chicken farming mini game. Who cares if the cult quest hasn't advanced in years. I think when people complain too much Chyos just adds more Rumah stuff.

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Maybe people want a chicken farming mini game. Who cares if the cult quest hasn't advanced in years. I think when people complain too much Chyos just adds more Rumah stuff.
I don't really want to seem like I'm complaining without any basis. In fact, hats off to Chyos for the current state of the game. I don't have 120+ hours in it for nothing. It's great and some mini games are needed in a game like this. The ones we have now are coherent and intertwined with the plot. You're a hunter, so there's hunting to earn money. You need a place to stay so you help Penny farm so she lets you stay with her and so on.

My issue is that we're 5 years in and the game is maybe in the first third of the story, if that? After a while a solo developer has to ask himself: do I need more than one variation of a tavern gambling game? Does anyone play my game to become a poker superstar? Probably not. As game development proceeds, I think it needs to become ever more focused to satisfyingly tie together plot and character threads from earlier. Once the game is more or less done in that regard, feel free to add all the bullshit pebble painting, house organizing and blindfolded jousting mini games you want to fill out the world to your standards.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Chapter 2 is really long! I mean it has to cover everything that happens in Rumah, after all. Werewolf cult, is not that cool, so it got shelved until Chyos runs out of cool stuff. Right now he is working on fixing some butter faces in the village, since it's breaking the immersion of players. They don't think some of these hags could get a rise out of the mc. He's just cooking what the people vote on, so I would blame democracy.

Dvnasty

Sep 7, 2017
is there a way to make rick date kate, then break them up before they have sex? what happen for me is kate ask mc to tell rick, but i can only do that after they have sex..

4.50 star(s) 139 Votes