zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I honestly didn't feel bad for Rick at all. Dude's MC's best friend and sends him out alone into the forest on a wild goose chase after he was injured and his only parent was slaughtered. Only for him to sleep in what turns out to be a witch's hut and get cursed. And then when MC tells him about it and his curse issues, he won't even believe him let alone help him.

Coulda snuck him into his giant house, coulda came with him to make sure he's okay, coulda loaned him a few silvers for a room, there's about a half dozen very reasonable things an actual best friend would do. I say fuck that good time charlie. Or rather all his romantic prospects.

He's really getting the perfect just deserts of being a friend only in drinking if you think about it. That's now what MC is to him.
John is more lovable than Rick lmao.
Also best boy hands down is Frank.

To be honest, I would like a Rick redemption update.
Eh Rick ain’t that developed or in the story to have really some character development, either he can help in the cult or some modder could make a story about him

Reactions: valley57

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
Eh Rick ain’t that developed or in the story to have really some character development, either he can help in the cult or some modder could make a story about him
If he finds a solution with his drinking problem and starts to work hard and be a better friend, it would be cool.His father would be proud at least, and right now he is not.

Reactions: Samuel Hidayat

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
To be honest, I would like a Rick redemption update.
I forgot the low key rape by an old hag. I would prefer to see a more ways to screw over Rick update. I think Rick was intentionally designed to be the awful friend that held MC back to have someone to party with, which is what leads to everything. I think it gets lost on people because he's really the only male "friend" early on.

Edit: Did he even look for his sister when she got kidnapped? Or does he keep drinking? Can throw awful brother to that pile.

Last edited:

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
I forgot the low key rape by an old hag. I would prefer to see a more ways to screw over Rick update. I think Rick was intentionally designed to be the awful friend that held MC back to have someone to party with, which is what leads to everything. I think it gets lost on people because he's really the only male "friend" early on.
To be honest, I think people goes too far thinking that most of things happened because Rick is a bad friend.

He is a bad friend, but he has his own problems, one of these is his drinking problem, so he is acting as an adict,nothing more. He didn't kill anyone, he doesn't work hard, he spent most of his money in drinks, and probably he would borrow money from the MC and his parents to get his shot.

Being realistic Rick doesnt know if the witch existed at all, he only knows some rumors and a free cottage where mc could go. He doesn't know the witch's name or if even she exist, to be fair, mostly no one knows of the witch existence.So in his mind he thinks that is a free cottage where mc can go, of course it is not the best option because he doesn't offer him money to spend the night.
The only "witch" in Arenfield would be Katheryn, she is distant and have knowledge of healing.

Making him the switch where everything goes to shit is not fair.
I think Dave is more piece of shit, he doesn't help mc at anything, demands payment and doesn't give a shit, also he wants to rape Frisha just for the sake of fucking a woman.
Thomas is another piece of shit, wanting to fuck everyone just for the sake of fucking.
Penny "boyfriend" another slacker with more of the same things.

Rick doesn't want to rape anyone, wants to have a relationship with Kate in a more proper way.
He is not good but he can be a better man like Jhon.
Damn, even The Raven has more blood in his hands and he was seen as a "liberator" from Giron tyranny.

Last edited:

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
To be honest, I think people goes too far thinking that most of things happened because Rick is a bad friend.

He is a bad friend, but he has his own problems, one of these is his drinking problem, so he is acting as an adict,nothing more.

[...]
Being an addict doesn't really explain the behavior though. Addiction causes people to do bad things directly related to feeding that addiction. The selfish things Rick does often has little to do with feeding the addiction. It just has to do with being a selfish dick, which explains the name choice by Chyos (Rick-->Richard-->Dick). You don't need to kill someone to be a dick nor know about a witch. Sending your best friend who's parent was just killed in an orc infested forest immediately back into said orc infested forest at night merely to find basic shelter more than qualifies.

He really doesn't need to know about the witch to be concerned. Not even believing his best friend when he comes back to him with a problem he unintentionally caused by accidentally sending him to his rape is just more insult to injury. He doesn't lift his finger to help anyone, even when helping doesn't cost him a dime.

I honestly thought up until you find out what Thomas has been up to that his position was more understandable than Rick when he chose not to help MC. He's not MC's friend, and MC had an outstanding debt with him. Rick on the other hand just couldn't be bothered to stop partying for but long enough to help MC find a shelter before resuming partying there.

Last edited:

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
Being an addict doesn't really explain the behavior though. Addiction causes people to do bad things directly related to feeding that addiction. The selfish things Rick does often has little to do with feeding the addiction. It just has to do with being a selfish dick, which explains the name choice by Chyos (Rick-->Richard-->Dick). You don't need to kill someone to be a dick nor know about a witch. Sending your best friend who's parent was just killed in an orc infested forest immediately back into said orc infested forest at night merely to find basic shelter more than qualifies.

He really doesn't need to know about the witch to be concerned. Not even believing his best friend when he comes back to him with a problem he unintentionally caused by accidentally sending him to his rape is just more insult to injury. He doesn't lift his finger to help anyone, even when helping doesn't cost him a dime.

I honestly thought up until you find out what Thomas has been up to that his position was more understandable than Rick when he chose not to help MC. He's not MC's friend, and MC had an outstanding debt with him. Rick on the other hand just couldn't be bothered to stop partying for but long enough to help MC find a shelter before resuming partying there.
No, his addiction explain his behaviour perfectly. Not all people who has an addiction will act all the time with the interest of getting a shot, that's not how it works. And Rick gets a payment from his parents to fuel up his addiction, things would change if his parents cut the faucet, then we would see more that behaviour you talk about, like stealing shit, borrow money, scam others etc. He doesn't pay him a room because he want to save his money to pay up his addiction and tip the girl he wants to be near.

His name doesn't have to mean "being a dick", or a lot of people with the name Rick would have a really bad time. In some countries Rick means "brave leader". So it is not really an argument.
In real life people with addictions that have friends or "friends" do things like that to them, after all addict people are ill, sick and needs help before helping others, their mind and way of think is different from healthy people.There are documented cases, and research studies of this type of people.

So, let's put on their shoes, shall we.
Rick is an addict with all the repercussion that it has.(And he could lied about the shelter, just for the sake of not paying him the room, like and addict would do.)

The MC is an "addict" of somehow until he lost his family and everything he has.He is desperate,so desperate that he doesn't think about "going into a forest in the middle of the night, with orcs, predators, and who knows who wandering" if it is really a good idea. An idea that comes from a "friend" that has an addiction like him.

And if we go even further, there are more neighbours in Arenfield to ask for shelter, even the fucking Church (charity and all this shit) but instead he goes in the middle of the night to that place. I don't know man, I would think about it.

I think it is pretty clear the situation that the MC is not in his right mind and Rick too.
So if your desperate friend with an addiction, comes to you, saying that he went in the middle of the night, with all the dangers, that he found the cottage that it "supossedly" exists in Rick's mind( we don't know if he really knew a cottage existed, he didn't go the forest, Arianna has more credibility than an addict, after all she really goes to the forest.), he mets an old witch, she made him drink a potion that can "grow a dick" and "grow his lust"(something that for comonners is not even thinkable), and the witch fucked him(depend on the path you choose),would you believe it?
I don't know man but my eyebrow would rise when I listen that, knowing everything.

About Thomas is not an excuse. People when they lost everything, they need help, not matter the situation. He could send him to the church, or make him work for the night to sleep in the hay.And it is not like Thomas didin't know about the MC losing his father.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
I think there's some misconceptions, I'm not saying that every person who names their kid rick does so with that intention. I'm saying it's a subtle nod by Chyos alluding to Rick being a dick.

And no that really isn't how addiction works at all. Addiction doesn't suddenly make you completely irrational or make you stop caring about your loved ones. Drunks cannot make insanity pleas. What addictions do is severely screw up is your priorities. He's not stupid or crazy. He understands what sending someone to an orc infested forest is, which is why he even successfully predicts his sister will get in trouble. He is aware, he just doesn't care enough to do anything about it. Not to prevent it or not to save her. And MC is desperate so when it gets late he resorts to listening to his selfish friend's ill advice.

Even the outright villains you compared him to show more concern for the people they care about than Rick does MC or his sister. They're just shown to have very few loyalties and not to good people. Thomas doesn't have loyalty to you, you're just a customer and one that doesn't pay at that. Of course he wouldn't help you. Dave however doesn't send his jerk friend back down south or into the orc infested forest. He lobbies his father despite knowing he screwed up with the letter and gets him a job at his manor.

MC's lack of wisdom in expending all his options has no bearing on Rick's genuine selfishness. If you think your missing sister may getting gangraped by orcs in the forest or that your friend could get slaughtered because you sent him alone into the forest, addiction by itself doesn't make you stay in the bar. Addiction would make you take your bottle with you as you go do something about it. It requires another personality trait outside of addiction to get the behavior Rick exhibits. So unless you're gonna claim severe stupidity, the obvious choice is that he's a classic selfish good time charlie archetype.

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
No, his addiction explain his behaviour perfectly. Not all people who has an addiction will act all the time with the interest of getting a shot, that's not how it works. And Rick gets a payment from his parents to fuel up his addiction, things would change if his parents cut the faucet, then we would see more that behaviour you talk about, like stealing shit, borrow money, scam others etc. He doesn't pay him a room because he want to save his money to pay up his addiction and tip the girl he wants to be near.

His name doesn't have to mean "being a dick", or a lot of people with the name Rick would have a really bad time. In some countries Rick means "brave leader". So it is not really an argument.
In real life people with addictions that have friends or "friends" do things like that to them, after all addict people are ill, sick and needs help before helping others, their mind and way of think is different from healthy people.There are documented cases, and research studies of this type of people.

So, let's put on their shoes, shall we.
Rick is an addict with all the repercussion that it has.(And he could lied about the shelter, just for the sake of not paying him the room, like and addict would do.)

The MC is an "addict" of somehow until he lost his family and everything he has.He is desperate,so desperate that he doesn't think about "going into a forest in the middle of the night, with orcs, predators, and who knows who wandering" if it is really a good idea. An idea that comes from a "friend" that has an addiction like him.

And if we go even further, there are more neighbours in Arenfield to ask for shelter, even the fucking Church (charity and all this shit) but instead he goes in the middle of the night to that place. I don't know man, I would think about it.

I think it is pretty clear the situation that the MC is not in his right mind and Rick too.
So if your desperate friend with an addiction, comes to you, saying that he went in the middle of the night, with all the dangers, that he found the cottage that it "supossedly" exists in Rick's mind( we don't know if he really knew a cottage existed, he didn't go the forest, Arianna has more credibility than an addict, after all she really goes to the forest.), he mets an old witch, she made him drink a potion that can "grow a dick" and "grow his lust"(something that for comonners is not even thinkable), and the witch fucked him(depend on the path you choose),would you believe it?
I don't know man but my eyebrow would rise when I listen that, knowing everything.

About Thomas is not an excuse. People when they lost everything, they need help, not matter the situation. He could send him to the church, or make him work for the night to sleep in the hay.And it is not like Thomas didin't know about the MC losing his father.
You don't enable an addict if you want to help them. Giving MC free food and/or shelter would've been enabling him. Had that happened, he wouldn't even have tried to change. he'd have become a freeloader, a parasite.

While Tomas and Giron are indeed pieces of crap, not helping MC was the right thing to do in that instance. Some lessons must be learned the hard way if things are to change. Look at Marcus. He enabled MC's drinking problems and they only got worse. Same for Rick's parents.

So while I agree Rick is an addict, indulging in him (like MC is doing) is a shitty thing to do and the wrong way to go about it. What MC should do is give Rick a slap in the face, tell him "I was forced to stop, now look at how hard I've worked and how far I've come, you can do the same" and force him to grow the fuck up. Rick has shown he is actually pretty skillful, after all. He's wasting his talents away because no one is willing to take on the role of the "bad guy".

Reactions: Tehemai

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
But we all agree that boobs are great.
No, it’s not a matter for discussion, case closed, or I’ll throw you the corpse of Dasan

Reactions: KillerBee487

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
Well the last thing I gonna say about this is:

There are misunderstandings here, from my part and probably trying to explain some things.
But I want to say that even if he is really an addict and explain his behaviour, that's doesnt mean the mc or others must accept it and go with it. Of course if he is an addict, needs help and would be nice to say an update about that.

Also people showing human charity giving shelter for a day doesn't mean that people would be the same,.
Everyone is unique,so if we use drastic solutions, like cutting the root of the problem would not work on everyone in a delicate matter as an addiction. Or Mc way of keep living. There are people too who, after losing everyone and everything will commit suicide.
We need to see more than that.

The mc went that way because if the dev went to other way, we would have a short game.

And so, about Rick behaviour, I am open that could be an addiction, Rick being a dick, or a mix of the two, thedev has the final answer to that, and he can put all the explanations into a single: Yes, no, or kinda.

We will see, in the end.

By the way, addicts have more behaviour patterns that we often know and talk about, but it is true that all of them when they start this type of behaviour as an addict, their brain stops working normally,giving more dopamine when they get their "shot",blocking the reabsorption.

Reactions: Solak and zARRR

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
I guess so. To be clear, I don't think he's a villain. As in the power hungry rapists that are common in the game. Just not remotely a good person, regardless of his addiction. He's not worthy of empathy as he shows virtually none to the people he supposedly cares about. Even when they desperately need it. It's the perfect response for MC to just ignore his plight outside of drinking fun and just take whatever girl he wants.

If Chyos eventually does a redemption, I at least hope he retcons something early on to make him worthy of redemption. Show signs of giving a shit. Maybe have him try to tepidly stand up to his mother. Or have him get himself arrested for the night drunkenly trying to help.

As for boobs, we do agree. So much so, I say we get a plot related options to upgrade some of them. I'm looking at you, Lyvia! :p

Reactions: zARRR

MEOW876

Apr 26, 2020
A...interestinh bug,Mira is still inside the sanctum, but here she is and i cant have dinner
probably trigger by the emily quest where MC build the root and collapse,Mira talk and put MC back on the bed (her model didn't appear) and since that her model is here at her room
圖片_2022-12-29_204516296.png
圖片_2022-12-29_204752273.png

Logan3000x

Oct 10, 2018
do I need to do kate's quest in order to do claire's? I am talking about number 9 in the walkthrough, I cant do it.

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
do I need to do kate's quest in order to do claire's? I am talking about number 9 in the walkthrough, I cant do it.
You can start a relationship with Claire (fucking her so she wants MCs children) before Kate, but you need to advance Kate's relationship in order to have 3 somes and start going to Kirlic

Reactions: Logan3000x

Logan3000x

Oct 10, 2018
You can start a relationship with Claire (fucking her so she wants MCs children) before Kate, but you need to advance Kate's relationship in order to have 3 somes and start going to Kirlic
Then my game has a bug because I can't get her to step 9 in the walkthrough (I peel the potatoes but she doesn't ask me to do down with her to the basement) ( I haven't started Kate's quest yet) (Claire's aff is 12)

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Then my game has a bug because I can't get her to step 9 in the walkthrough (I peel the potatoes but she doesn't ask me to do down with her to the basement) ( I haven't started Kate's quest yet) (Claire's aff is 12)
If I'm not mistaken, you need to actually talk to her after peeling the potatoes. That's when she'll ask you.

Reactions: Evangelion-01
4.60 star(s) 143 Votes