Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
wouldn't that require the MC to be re-rendered in every single event in the game to possibly be wearing the new clothes?
doubling the game's size and requiring ridiculously high amount of work for something that, in general, is a very low priority/value?

If an outfit redesign would be made, it would be in a sequel.
No , it can be made a part of an important Main quest & then from that point on , all his sprites & scenes could be in those new clothes.

Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
Bro

Aug 02, 2024 02:12 pm

Android Version And Progress On Penny's Update

Good afternoon,
the new month just started and I want to give you a review on what I did over the past days.

As mentioned in my last report, I continued work on the Android version of the game this week. I added an extra plugin for the overlay, which is similar to a gamepad. Originally my idea was to have both touch and pad controls active side by side. similar to the pc where you can play with both the mouse and the arrow keys/wasd. But after testing the whole thing on the smartphone, I realized that it doesn't work that way. The game then sees clicks on the gamepad as clicks on the map, causing the character to run wildly through the area when you want to use the pad. For this reason, I added a toggle function that makes it possible to activate either one or the other control.
So far so good, but the real problem with the android version was the porting of the game into an .apk file (the one that you download to your phone, click and bam you have the playable app). This process is partly documented in some forums, but it requires some outdated scripts, which don't work together if you don't use the right version. In the end this meant a lot of try and error for me. So it took until Wednesday evening until I actually had a working version on my smartphone.

And even if I think the controls on the smartphone are rather wanky and I would always prefer the pc version, I know that some people don't have a pc. So for them (who find the maldives emulator too complicated to use) there is finally a version of the game that they can play.
However, I have not carried out any in-depth tests. I just didn't have enough time this week. I also don't plan to edit all game messages like "you can press key M to open the map". However I plan to update the android version now with every update and if it doesn't mean too much work I will most likely optimize it a bit in the future. But the main focus will remain to work and release the game for the PC, so don't expect of me that I will go full android optimization mode!

I originally wanted to release the android version together with the next update of the game, however since I now uploaded a testversion anyway I might as well give you all access to it to get some more feedback. Please still keep in mind what I said in the paragraph above.

Now back to Penny's update:
I continued working on that yesterday morning and I began with working on some 3d rooms for new scenes as well as some sprites that were still missing. Today I than also worked on the dialog with Giron about Penny's options to get more income.
I don't want to spoil my ideas for the story just yet, which is why I'm keeping it a little vague, but it will have to do with the new map that I made to the SE of Arenfield. I also plan to enable hiering workers from the Coldstone family that will then work on the field for you. Another thing that I want to add is Giron actually collecting taxes from Penny regularly which will result in regular visits from Dave at Penny's house. Depending on route you can then deal with this problem.
And yeah there is of course the Penny lake scene (That I teased last month) which I also want to work on this month and some interaction with the Coldstone family.
So a lot to do this month. I hope by the end of it Penny's update will be complete.
For now I'll continue working a little bit longer before it's finally weekend.
With that I wish you all a nice weekend!
Bro , Chyos is a fuking Machine.
This man released an Android version ?

I hope modders on the site took take a look into it and optimize thile Android version.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
No , it can be made a part of an important Main quest & then from that point on , all his sprites & scenes could be in those new clothes.
... you realize you literally just described a sequel, but cramming the two together into a single download for no reason?

Think about it, you are literally saying that 100% of old outfit scenes can only happen before important Event E
And 100% of new outfit scenes will happen only after important Event E.

Meaning, you could literally just have important Event E end with a
> To Bo continued in A Struggle with Sin 2: Electric Boogaloo

Adam1999

Jan 9, 2018
My saves are gone every time I close the app. Anyone have any ideas, I already checked permissions and it says no permissions allowed I can't change it.

Reactions: Ntrsugar

Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
Android App feedback.
1st of the bat. The toggle icon for joystick could really really me more subtle , of different colour, or maybe moved to settings.
It's a eye sore.

Darkarrow26

Oct 17, 2016
Android App Feedback
When trying to load/delete a save the entry says "This save is for a different game".
If you select load nothing happens. Also continue is greyed out on title screen.

Reactions: Ntrsugar

Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
Ok , so the Save & load system of the Android app is completely broken.
You can't make a save at all.

Kreeto

Sep 28, 2022
Hey dev we want more combat like fight with brigards while capturing Raven or fighting with zorard in calan's rest. There is enough H scenes for all girls but there is not enough fighting in the game yet I like your game very much especially it's combat. Please make a new mission like calan's rest or something. Consider my request please.

ZeroHarcos

Dec 26, 2018
just wait some more, I think it takes at least a week, maybe more.
You might also need to finish Mira's available content as well for the next step to trigger
i have mira finished, she is with the other guy i also waited more than 2 months now (done 2 other quests)
also i can't craft oven and cauldron for my house, the option just doesn't shows up

Last edited:

lancekro

Dec 2, 2018
i have mira finished, she is with the other guy i also waited more than 2 months now (done 2 other quests)
also i can't craft oven for my house, the option just doesn't shows up
The walkthrough step that corresponds to where you are at is this
1722866619177.png
so you are most likely experiencing a bug.
Chyos (the dev) is probably the only one that can help you, but I know that sometimes he doesn't check F95 for a while so you might need to get lucky for him to see this.
To help you (or to identify the bug to fix it in the next update) he might need a save file.

If you send a save file, I might be able to see if I can solve the problem while you wait for an answer from Chyos.

4.60 star(s) 147 Votes